It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Seen From Plane

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
We'll go from :

"Looks like a light on top of a mountain".

To :

"Looks like the light of an UFO landed on top of a mountain".

Not a mountain top, if it was at 30,000 feet they would have to be flying over mount Everest, which is just shy of 30,000 feet at 29k

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

But because this has NOT made the "OMG/WTF" rounds in the world of UFOlogy, one has to assume, this is bogus.

That's a naive thing to say for an investigator.

You are willing to assume there is nothing to this video because the community, in this case the ufology community, has said nothing about this video, there is no substance to it. Remind me never to hire you for any kind of investigation if your not willing to look into matters for your own.

Perhaps the community at large is reserving judgment because of how difficult it is to make a judgement on this video?

It my eyes, the object is unknown and all the contradictory information surrounding this case is making it more and more difficult to offer a definitive answer.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Check this out -

Doing a little fact checking. Report says witness was on a Spirit Airlines flight, from FL to Philadelphia, PA Saturday December 29th (or even December 22nd, doesn't matter).
I found this Spirit Airlines Flight Timetable for the 20DEC through to January at this link Spirit Airlines Route Maps.

There are no flights from anywhere in Flordia to Philadelphia. You can confirm this by going to Spirit Airlines Flight Status and try to book a flight from anywhere in Florida to Philadelphia. The site won't allow you to.

The nearest destinations near Phila delphia are Latrobe, PA; Baltimore/Washington DC; and New York, all of which are quite far (especially Latrobe, PA) from Philadelphia.

Soooo what gives? How does someone catch a video of a UFO on flight that apparently (given the airlines own Route Maps and Flight times for the time in question) didn't even exist?

From this link, you showed us an anticipated flight schedule, which includes this quote

The information contained herein is provided for planning purposes only. Schedules are based on anticipated flying times and are subject to change without notice. Spirit Airlines cannot guarantee arrival and departure times.

This leaves some doubt into this debunk. I think we're going to need the flight number to be sure.

EDIT: The YouTuber just posted this comment..

I'm checking on flight I assumed into Philly since he lives there

So this opens the door again, but he hasn't provided a flight number after many have asked so I'm skeptical now.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
wow almost missed this thread,

very cool video indeed.

but the uploader is fibbing about some of the details here, which is really harming the credibility already.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i know this is cruel, but that damn kid! lol ruined the shot!!

some interesting things in the description

the pilots ran out of the cock pit as soon as the plane landed

interesting, why? did they rush off to report this?

Other passengers on the plane at the window saw the same thing but only my brother and another lady had time to shoot it

we must locate the other footage! though we can only hope she posts hers, if it exists
edit on 4-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Not a mountain top, if it was at 30,000 feet they would have to be flying over mount Everest, which is just shy of 30,000 feet at 29k

They are most definitely not flying at 30,000 feet. Watch the video starting around the 12 second mark where you can see them starting to fly through the low cloud deck. This is the most telling evidence in the video that someone is not telling the truth.

The video probably stopped abruptly because the "Please return your seat backs to their upright position" message came on.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Perhaps due to the location being one in which planes commonly descend, they placed a warning signal over a nearby mountain peak. It could also be a blaster cannon to take down incoming tie fighters, but that is stretch

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
I am speechless.

If this is not a covert government project, then I don't know what else it could be really.

Then you are as closed minded and short-sighted as many of the skeptics are charged with here.
Oyyy.....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

It's common sense.... doesn't past the test!

........this isn't not passing.

now... I'm no grammar nazi.... but if I WAS to give you a test.... ya know....

might not do so hot either

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
According to the up-loader, his brother recorded the video flying from Florida(destination unknown), over the ocean at about 30,000 feet high.

I think it's safe to rule out a mountain or ground object with the information we have so far.

The problem is we have a witness account and can only ASSUME that the witness is correct when he states they were at 30.000ft. But who says this is really the case? They might just guess this because the pilot told them earlier about 30.000ft, who knows, they could have descended in the mean time....they might even be already in the landing phase and rather low. Point is WE DON'T KNOW and cannot just take what the person says at "fact" and go from there.
edit on 4-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Like you do with NASA?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by Human_Alien

But because this has NOT made the "OMG/WTF" rounds in the world of UFOlogy, one has to assume, this is bogus.

That's a naive thing to say for an investigator.

You are willing to assume there is nothing to this video because the community, in this case the ufology community, has said nothing about this video, there is no substance to it. Remind me never to hire you for any kind of investigation if your not willing to look into matters for your own.

Perhaps the community at large is reserving judgment because of how difficult it is to make a judgement on this video?

It my eyes, the object is unknown and all the contradictory information surrounding this case is making it more and more difficult to offer a definitive answer.

According to the 'brother' this is 6-days old. So I'm just putting that out there seeing the common-sense approach is failing on some. Surely the FAA was able to comment on this by now. Also appears CNN wasn't too sold on this either. After all, other passengers saw this too so we didn't need the brothers' brother video, right?

Now, how about some fun facts like: Flight number? Departure/arrival time? Correct destination? Correct altitude? An explanation as to why this was abruptly cut off to quell some of these questions?

People generally need to exercise common sense instead personal belief. And please take notice whose saying this (along with all my UFO threads).

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistrionicSpock
reply to post by Krakatoa

Don't they all blink though?

Typically, but not necessarily. There could be many reasons for it not to be blinking. Such as (but not limited to), the blinker is turned off, the blinker circuit is broken, the persons setting it up didn't read the instruction manual....etc...

My point is that there are numerous earthly reasons for a light such as this not to be blinking. There's really nothing mysterious about it at all.

As stated before, and I always wonder the same question, if it was something intended to be secret, or mysterious, why do they all have BRIGHT LIGHTS all over them? I'm no genius, but, if I "don't want to be seen, I don't stand up" (homage to an old Monty Python sketch on how not to be seen).

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That video gives me the chills. I want to believe.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

Originally posted by Human_Alien

It's common sense.... doesn't past the test!

........this isn't not passing.

now... I'm no grammar nazi.... but if I WAS to give you a test.... ya know....

might not do so hot either

These constructive criticisms do hold some value but........this?....coming from a person saying "if I WAS to give you " ?

Really?? I mean, seriously?

I just forgot to take out a word when I used a contraction instead.

You however, have no excuse!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Good post - and that's true. However, it said Flight times are subject to change without notice. Unless some emergency reroute came up, they would have still stuck to the scheduled flight path.

Lets wait to see if the commentor / witness comes up with some more details on the flight, at which point we can confirm.

I wonder if he's reading this thread....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrthoStice

Military blimp on exercise out of New Jersey

If it is an authentic image that was captured and not CGI, then this explanation is quite possible.

This shape in the clouds sort of looks similar the US Navys Long Endurance Multi Intelligence Vehicle (LEMV) tail section. There may even be a modified version of it we are not aware of?

Interesting to note whilst searching for this, that Israel also has a spy blimp..........

Obvious differences between the above pic(s) and the screenshot of the image in the clouds. But we are not privy to the Militaries / alphabet agencies latest and most classified spy programs

nanopatentsandinnovations.blogspot.com.au...
theaviationist.com...
www.darkpolitricks.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.wired.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Two lies & two assumptions.

1. We have already identified the supposed flight by the youtube poster did not exist.
2. The altitude has been verified as false, by looking at indicators such as flaps active and cloud formations.

1. Therefore, this flight could be in and around Brazil.
2. It looks like it very well could be the statue of Jesus lit blue in Rio as viewed from a great distance.

I'm pretty sure this is debunked. Sorry guys. The very fact that the flight has been lied about points to HOAX straight away.

The only thing that is a FACT so far, is that the alleged flight did not even exist. That in itself should be enough to bury this thread.
edit on 4-1-2013 by yg2bfkm because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2013 by yg2bfkm because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by TheMur

They are most definitely not flying at 30,000 feet. Watch the video starting around the 12 second mark where you can see them starting to fly through the low cloud deck. This is the most telling evidence in the video that someone is not telling the truth.

The video probably stopped abruptly because the "Please return your seat backs to their upright position" message came on.

I definitely got the impression they were descending too. So it appears there are a lot of misnomers in the description starting from, the correct destination seeing Spirit doesn't fly into Philly.

I think if we were presented with all the basic information, this will be shoot to pieces within 10 minutes.

link   

Why did he not slap that kid, an make them move??? This man has got the first up close video an this kid makes him move! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Why in all these hoax videos do they make the filming person out to be the worst cameraman on Earth, with a camera having the worst focus ever?

Why keep looking away? Why stop filming?

Questions that never need to be asked in footage such as the Kumburgaz UFO, but not this hoax video.
edit on 4/1/13 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join