It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profile question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Quick question, didn't know where else to discover this. Label me the dumba$$ if you want. What does the K and W stand for next to my posts. Obviously, I know what the S,F,and P means. Be gentle.

*shys away to corner*

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here's a thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With a few explenations, although I have to say I like harrytuttle's reply.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Thanks to you both

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Here's an in-depth explanation from site owner SkepticOverlord:

It's not real complicated.

Karma is influenced most by a stars-to-post ratio, with a minor influence from flags.

WATS is influenced most by a flag-to-post ratio, with a minor influence from stars and post-count.

Long term members with a high number of well-flagged threads will achieve a high WATS number -- or -- mid-term members with highly-flagged threads will also receive a high WATS number. It reflects a ranking of those who start quality threads (mostly).

Short term members who create replies that earn stars may achieve a high KARMA number -- or -- those long term members who focus more on adding to existing threads and are starred as a result, will also achieve a high KARMA number. It reflects a ranking of those who add quality to existing threads.

Sure, there may be short-lived abuses to stars and flags, but the intent of the system is to aid in painting a larger picture of ATS content. While, on occasion, some individual posts or threads may receive more flags or stars than deserved, on the whole I believe the system works as intended as a means to showcase important topics and hard-working members.
(source)

Active members with the top 50 WATS rating are also listed here: Way Above Top Secret - Top 50 members.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In depth explanation of the formulas used to make up K & W is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join