It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norovirus outbreak worst BC has seen in six years! Conspiracy?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

People get sick and it is the job of the medical professions to either prevent them from getting sick in the first place or caring for them when they do get sick, no conspiracy.

i would think those in the medical world should be hopeful for a conspiracy, since 250,000 people die each year in the US, due to medical care negligence and malpractice.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

i would think those in the medical world should be hopeful for a conspiracy, since 250,000 people die each year in the US, due to medical care negligence and malpractice.

I think it is understandable for a American to be suspicious as you lot don’t have free health care and its big business, your attitudes are different.

In the UK we are very different and our attitude towards our health care is also different, yet we still have flu shots and Norovirus with no conspiracy theories implied.

For there to be some kind of conspiracy involving the flu jab and the existence of Norovirus then it would have to have global reach the UK health service would also need to be in on it as would other states. Most health care organisations use the same research and so on, if it was a thing that it was just that in America there existed this conspiracy it would be common knowledge amongst other doctors in other states, which it’s not.

If you have a understanding of health care research and policy, we now talk about “global health” as well then you would see that these conspiracies don’t really hold much weight. There are some criminal conspiracies with in specific firms, but not a general all-encompassing conspiracy covering all pharmacologically firms if there was it would be reflected in the research and its not.

edit on 4-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Norovirus is not the flu, so why the hell would getting a flu shot help in anyway? And flu mutates and changes, far quicker than any vaccine manufacturer can keep up with. So which strain are tjhey injecting people with?

If you read the article, you would know that they are saying that there is a spike of norovirus AND the flu happening at the same time. Be prepared for either.

But there is a vaccine for the flu, so get your flu shot.

The flu is observed and they create the vaccine based on the new strain. Also, it will contain some vaccine to other strains going around as well, as some flus contain genes of previous flus.

My OH has had his flu shots, but he still got sick when i got sick (and still is) with this insane chest infection thing going round.

Why would you think that the flu vaccine would protect you from anything other than the flu?

Luckily it wasn't norovirus, it's been ravaging people in the UK for the last few months. But the flu shot will not help you.

I think you need to read up on how the flu vaccine works, only for the flu. Boy are you one confused person.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

People get sick and it is the job of the medical professions to either prevent them from getting sick in the first place or caring for them when they do get sick, no conspiracy.

Where in the heck did you get that overinflated number?

And you forget to mention how many people have been saved.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I think you need to read up on how the flu vaccine works, only for the flu. Boy are you one confused person.
I'm not confused.....I'm angry

(think we're saying the same thing, flu shots aren't going to protect you from stuff that isn't the flu)

I don't get the shots myself, more deserving people need it before me. I'm a fit(sih) young(ish) man, who shouldn't need extra immunity from stuff. My own immune system can deal with it given time.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I think it is admirable that you want to save the flu shots for others, but there isn't a shortage.

And I am glad you are fit and healthy, but even if the flu won't hurt you, it doesn't mean that you can't transmit it to somebody who it can hurt. Which is why they encourage everyone to get it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can't understand people stating that there is no conspiracy about x or y. When there is social and economical interests at work there is always a conspiracy.

In this sic society people conspire to move ahead and protect what they have, this is not a fringe activity but the large majority of people operate by this perverted logic, we should just as well make it clear to the few idiots that do not get this. Like the saying goes there is one born every minute.

But the jig is ending, better records and better communication makes people be more open eyes about what scum most humans are. As for the medical professions we all know the going ons. From the majors, the "industrial medicine lobby", to personal information abuse, to observing the reality of costs in the US in comparison with most any other location (insurances and liabilities costs) to the simple fact that as is every one is forced into competition, disregarding the political system at the core, even in China it is the survival of the fittest and not the physical or mentally fit, but the social-economic fit this is pretty much illustrated in China but that kid that was run over several times or those still born found in that river or even the poisonous pet food.

This is human nature adapted to a social system that has been corrupting us for ages. Of course there is a conspiracy, while vaccines are made for profit and are a good vector to introduce something into the general population there will be always someone that needs to move ahead or advance his own goals that will be looking and plotting to leverage that.

I hate injections of every kind so I never get any seasonal vaccines (even the regular ones I may have skipped some). In the context of what I said I promote other to get vaccinated because if it works I will be protected also. So here I join the conspiracy to promote vaccination when possible as it serves my interests.

Look at the thread even that husband that was sic and did go to work, why didn't he stay at home a) against it self interest b) he was forced to by social-economic reasons.

Of course there is always a conspiracy at the bottom of everything in this type of planed society we live in. One does not need to be paranoid to understand that there is always someone angling for you.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

saving people should be a given and not used to condone bad medical practice.

ezinearticles.com...,000+-Deaths-Annually&id=146887

The Journal of the American Medical Association Vol. 284 July 26, 2000, published an article documenting the tragedy of Traditional Western Medicine (TWM) paradigm. The author, Dr. Barbara Starfield of Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health describes how the U.S. health care system may contribute to poor health. Doctors, she stated, are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., causing 250,000 deaths every year.

Article Source: EzineArticles.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

well its possible for companies to do so, any thing for money..... at the same time it only takes the one cell to mutate and become immune to vaccination or just to become a new strain or highly potent most of the people I know came down with it over Christmas I took Anti-Biotic's I had saved from when I had Flu last year and that worked for me just had a minor situation but the virus itself is quite nasty from what I seen.... people in my house have had it for about 2 - 3 weeks now

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
well over here in australia it IS NOT the flu season. we are in the middle of summer and i have seen something very interesting.

for about the 6 weeks, i have come across many many people with flu like symptoms while also vomiting. my sister had it. massive fevers with aches and pains..(flu like) but she also struggled to take any fever medication due to the fact that she constantly felt like throwing up.

her, along with about 8 people that i work with all reported that it came on within 2 hours. one reported being away about 2 hours from home. when he got in his car he felt fine. by the time he pulled in the driveway 2 hours later he thought he was dying.

i started to put two and two together when my sister got sick and she rang me for advise. i was hearing off others that the antibiotics for the flu were "making them sick". but i knew of people with same symptoms not on anything because they were simply too sick to make it to the doctors yet to be taking anything.

the end result....after 5 days being the "sickest she has ever been in 47 years"...my sister went to the dr' and was put on one of the most powerful antibiotics for pneumonia. it was only then she started to improve.

does this sound like the kind illness those in the winter/flu season overseas are experiencing ??????

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just wanted to say flu vaccines are a joke. I've never had one and never will.

I get sick two maybe three times a year, with at worst...the cold.

Can't believe people are still buying into this money grab.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

saving people should be a given and not used to condone bad medical practice.

ezinearticles.com...,000+-Deaths-Annually&id=146887

The Journal of the American Medical Association Vol. 284 July 26, 2000, published an article documenting the tragedy of Traditional Western Medicine (TWM) paradigm. The author, Dr. Barbara Starfield of Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health describes how the U.S. health care system may contribute to poor health. Doctors, she stated, are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., causing 250,000 deaths every year.

Article Source: EzineArticles.com...

Does that article also state the number of people who are saved, their health and quality of life improved, limbs and bones re-built or even cured?

No.
Didn't think so as it doesn't fit an agenda does it?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
6 years ?

was it a conspiracy 6 years ago ?

I dunno

pretty weak

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thank you for contributing your thoughts everyone.

As I thought my thread was removed by mods (later I found out it wasn't
) I am now back to continue my research into this.

The reason I am thinking that this is a conspiracy is that even though flu and colds are normal for winter months, this year has been a really bad one. My point here is that people are getting sick a lot faster than in previous years and pharma is pushing for vaccines like never before. My guess is that they are trying to extend the boxing week sales on flu shots for the public and their main advertising is through local news media by creating a public scare.

More recent headlines that appeared look like this:

Three more hospital wards hit by norovirus

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Several small outbreaks of the norovirus in Vancouver-area hospitals have nearly run their course, but a new strain of the highly contagious virus has led to a spike in the number of overall cases in B.C. this winter.

“We’re seeing hundreds of people who are affected by norovirus,” said Tasleem Juma, spokeswoman for Fraser Health. “This year is a particularly difficult year simply because it’s a new strain.”

The good news is that flu vaccines are effective against the virus in circulation, he said.

It’s still not too late to get your influenza shot if you haven’t had one.

Norovirus Leads To Closure of Hospital Wards

topnews.ae...

As per reports, it has been revealed that norovirus has led two more wards at Vancouver General Hospital and one at Lions Gate Hospital to remain closed.

Norovirus outbreaks force quarantines at 2 hospitals
Norovirus outbreak hits Vancouver General Hospital
Royal Lancaster Infirmary hit by new norovirus outbreak
Wards close due to visitors due to fresh norovirus outbreak
Norovirus outbreak moves to Kamloops, BC as Vancouver hospitals wait
Highly contagious norovirus surfaces at second Vancouver-area hospital: officials
Norovirus outbreaks force quarantines at 2 hospitals

news.google.ca...

More news will be added to this....

Btw, from the picture you can see 150,000 Brits are being hit every week and it is only getting worse. You are telling me this outbreak is NORMAL???
edit on 5-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added chart link

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

You are telling me this outbreak is NORMAL???

Yes if you look at the epidemiological data then it’s fairly normal we might be experiencing a larger outbreak that previous years however the nature of the outbreak is not abnormal we see it every year.

Norovirus is highly contagious, I worked in a Ward last year and we could pretty much predict who was going to get it next and the ward was shut down. If the people you live with end up with norovirus then there’s a get change your going to get it to, it is extremely contagious.

“Big pharma” have no gain form norovirus, there is no cure as such other than letting it run its course (about 24 hours) and sticking up a few IV drips if needed. It also leads to wards being shut down which again does not fuel the big pharma agenda.

Norovirus is not part of your “Big pharma” conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Third flu outbreak in nine days at London hospital
www.lfpress.com...

Starting the middle of next week, London hospitals will require doctors, staff and even visitors to get flu shots or wear masks when they’re in a part of a ward with even one hospital-acquired flu case, the first time that requirement will be in place.

Influenza Outbreak at Victoria Hospital
LHSC issues Influenza alert for Victoria Hospital
Another Influenza A Outbreak This Time At Victoria Hospital

Flu patients jam local ERs
montreal.ctvnews.ca...

Sales of over-the-counter medications are up by about 20 percent over last year, according to pharmacist Labib Ghali.
Medical experts are recommending vaccinations for those who wish to avert the dreaded flu.

Schools escape flu outbreak
www.enterprisenews.com...

Meanwhile, doctors urge people to get their flu shots.

Rough start to flu season packs emergency rooms
Flu patients flooding Brockton area emergency rooms
Flu bug leading to ER congestion
South Shore Hospital hit by influx of flu patients

Doctors: This Is Worst Flu Season In Years
www.13wham.com...

Rochester, N.Y. - The flu season has hit hospitals hard this year, with patients filling up triage rooms.

“At Unity Hospital this season we have 25 people admitted to the hospital, nine still in house,” said Infectious Disease Chief for Unity Health System Dr. Nayef El-Daher.

Many of those flu patients had a flu shot.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Organic Apple cider venegar, 1tsp/day mixed with water,does a body good

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How bad is the flu in Canada this year?
o.canada.com...

Google has been tracking flu outbreaks around the world since 2007 and, according to the search giant, Canada is suffering through one of the worst outbreaks of flu in years.

According to data collected by Google, flu in Canada this year could be as much as 250 per cent higher than last year.

The data, even though it’s only based on Internet searches, is surprisingly accurate. Since user searches were compared against official government data about flu — data that often takes weeks or months to compile from various health agencies — Google found the correlation surprisingly strong.

“By counting how often we see these search queries, we can estimate how much flu is circulating in different countries and regions around the world. Our results have been published in the journal Nature.”

This data, collected by Google, shows the estimated flu activity in Canada based on how people search for information about the disease.

According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, the best ways to save yourself from getting the flu are:

Get your flu shot
Getting the flu shot every year is one of the most effective ways to prevent catching and spreading the flu virus.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Column: Flu vaccinations make a good investment

www.timescolonist.com...

Ontario offers free flu vaccine to all residents six months of age and older. About 42 out of every 100 Ontarians get immunized, more than the 28 per cent in other provinces with their sick- and elderly-only immunization programs.

Although the immunization covers only the expected flu strains, Ontario’s program results in far fewer cases of flu each season, fewer flu-related hospitalizations, emergency and doctor visits, and flu-related deaths. The reductions mean Ontario’s government saves on medical costs. Individuals and businesses also see fewer flu-related losses in wages and productivity.

A columnist is trying to push the idea of getting a flu shot is great for the economy because it will allow for health care costs to be less.

If people don't get sick because they get the shot, then big pharma gets paid. Just because they say immunizations are "free" we all know NOTHING is free.

Guess what, your tax dollars are paying big pharma for the vaccines and your tax dollars go to pay doctors and nurses to administer the shots.

It is a win-win business situation for medical staff and business. These people want you to get sick so their economy doesn't slow down during winter periods.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Been monitoring the flu across the country, and it hasn't full blown hit my neck of the woods, yet. There is however a small outbreak of stomach flu.
Call me old fashioned, quirky, eccentric, or just plain crazy...
but I'm cutting up onions and putting them all over the house. I use fresh garlic for almost every dinner I cook to boost immunity. For the stomach flu...100% pure grape juice, to ward it off. If you already are sick this won't work.
Better than antibiotics which I avoid at all costs.
Worst case of stomach flu to hit my house had three kids sick all at the same time...and one bathroom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join