It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norovirus outbreak worst BC has seen in six years! Conspiracy?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Double whammy of severe flu strain and norovirus hits B.C./

www.vancouversun.com...

A particularly nasty form of influenza is spiking in B.C. at the same time as the worst norovirus outbreak in six years is hitting the province.

The influenza outbreak, which is expected to get worse, means people who haven’t yet had a flu shot — especially those in high-risk groups — should immediately do so, says the BC Centre for Disease Control. “

It’s moving up now, but I don’t think we’ve peaked,” said Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an epidemiologist and the centre’s influenza lead, on Thursday. “It’s not too late to be vaccinated.”

Provincial Health Services Authority coordinator Natalie Prystajecky said B.C. saw 25 norovirus outbreaks last month — double the number from December 2011, and the worst December since 2006. An “outbreak” is classified as three or more reported cases.

“Norovirus typically has epidemic years when new strains emerge, and that’s what we’re seeing here,” she said, noting the U.K. and Europe are experiencing similar outbreaks. “It’s not related to weather or anything like that. It’s just a global phenomenon.”

As for the influenza outbreak, the latest numbers released by the disease control centre late Thursday showed the illness began to spike as B.C. entered the Dec. 16-29 holiday period.

The report said that at BC Children’s Hospital, in the final two weeks of the year, 14.2 per cent and 22.2 per cent of visits to the emergency room were attributed to “fever and cough” or flu-like illness. “The rate in week 52 increased sharply to above that of recent prior seasons,” it added.

Skowronski said the vaccine carries protection for three types of flu virus, including the H3N2 sub-type, but that nothing’s 100-per-cent effective. “It’s in the vaccine, but the virus is constantly changing. It might not be a perfect match, but it will still reduce your risk.”

Skowronski also said that elderly people, and people with heart and lung conditions or weakened immune systems – cancer patients, for example – should see their doctor about getting anti-viral treatment if they start showing flu symptoms.

But a general medicine unit at RCH remains closed because some patients still have norovirus symptoms — which include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps.

Vancouver General Hospital has established a “containment protocol” in two hospital areas where patients have contracted the virus.

edit on 4-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So what I am getting from this article is a spread of a new virus...which could have been introduced by big pharma and a scare tactic for people to buy vaccines.

I have read these conspiracies before....but I am wondering what you guys think? I say you don't need to buy pharma, just get your greens in you as well as vitamin C and you are good to go!

If you can recover in 2 days, why the push? Why not talk about actual healthy ways to boost your immune system? It is as if they are hiding natural cures and that drugs are the only way to go. Wow

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So could this be a posssible pandemic globally ?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Norovirus is apparently on the rise this winter in the UK as it states in your OP, i've come across about 3-4 articles over the last 3 or so weeks stating this.

I have to pop out in a mo, so apologies for not linking any articles.

edit on 4-1-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
norovirus is frikeen nasty.

I caught it once years ago, ive never had anything like it and I prey I never will again.

for 4/5hrs I felt seedy, like id eaten a dodgy meatball. then, when i went to bed, it was 12hrs of absolutely misery. vommitting and diarreha like you'd never imagine. Hallucinations, fever.. I didnt eat for 2/3 days. you think, oh ok you vomit and feel bad, but no. You hug that toilet bowl for dear life for hours and hours and hours on end!

I hope they recover quickly.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Forget about the vaccine take vitamin C and Oil of Oregano to ward off illness. O'natural

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Norovirus isn't new, it just makes an appearance every few years. I've just recovered from a bout of it myself, not pleasant but also not much to worry about to be honest.

I don't think there is any conspiracy as there isn't much that can be done, it hits you, you get sick for a couple of days then recover. There is no money to be made from it. For every 1 person that has it and seeks medical help, 288 don't even bother reporting it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
norovirus is frikeen nasty.

I caught it once years ago, ive never had anything like it and I prey I never will again.

for 4/5hrs I felt seedy, like id eaten a dodgy meatball. then, when i went to bed, it was 12hrs of absolutely misery. vommitting and diarreha like you'd never imagine. Hallucinations, fever.. I didnt eat for 2/3 days. you think, oh ok you vomit and feel bad, but no. You hug that toilet bowl for dear life for hours and hours and hours on end!

I hope they recover quickly.

LOL very good description of it, i got it 2 years ago and i nearly called 911, going from deathly cold ICE cold, to overheating and laying on the floor, as close as you can come to death as you should ever feel, helplessness.

Looking back i considered it was like a colon cleanse gone wild...because that virus makes sure NOTHING is left in your intestinal track or stomach at all.

Crazy stuff, one thing is for certain, DO NOT take something like Pepto-Bismol or anything like it, or you just MIGHT push yourself to death's door.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I would not doubt for a second that there is an agenda to try and force us to take vaccines.

But I have to wonder why?

Is it simply about profits? Big Pharma manufactures x amount of vaccines and needs to sell y amount in order to make $?

Is there something more sinister? Is it a tool of the eugenicists as some claim?

We know that the cancer causing SV40 was "found" in the Polio vaccine.

Here Dr. Maurice Hilleman of Merck can be heard joking about cancer, AIDS and the fact that they knew SV40 caused cancer and was present in the vaccines. This is the same man who developed the measles, mumps, and rubella ("MMR") vaccine cocktail...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Had this before Xmas. Nasty virus!! Every year here in the UK it gets worse. This year it's ruined a lot of peoples Xmas. Norovirus News

1 Million...and that's just the people who reported it by going to the doctor.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I used to get sick every year around December time until i stopped drinking tap water , now i haven't been sick for years .
I stopped drinking tap water after i saw a news report saying Yorkshire water did some routine maintenance around that time of year and may have disturbed something in the water ..

The last news report i saw said the norovirus had spread to 1.1 million in the uk ,

What i do find strange is that there is a difference between a bug and a virus as viruses can be air born but bugs have to be ingested , on the uk news they have been calling it the norovirus bug so if any of you out there can explain to me how it is both bug and virus i would be grateful

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

The usage of the word bug is just a colloquialism, it doesn't actually mean anything. A virus could be described as a bug, as well as bacteria.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Norovirus..Only suffered once.
I doubt there's any conspiracy concerning that other than there's too many dirty bastards who don't wash their hands about. I must have picked it up while out, thankfully I was the only one to suffer in the house. It's not the sort of thing you want to see your kids get.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Well that sucks...I have never had Norovirus before, well I never get sick. My husband did come home with something nasty. He went to work he said he felt fine, by lunch time he was feeling really bad. He didn't eat lunch and He didn't have breakfast either. He came home at 5:30 , which is usually nonexistent, with the chills and diarrhea. He has been up most if the night with those symptoms. He says a lot people at his work are sick with the flu or something else. My son is also sick with a sore throat and feeling blah. I just hope my baby doesn't get sick.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

The usage of the word bug is just a colloquialism, it doesn't actually mean anything. A virus could be described as a bug, as well as bacteria.

I blame my mum for that misconception for her saying that you feed a virus and starve a bug the funny thing is if i ever got a cold or flu virus i would eat well but if i got a stomach bug i would starve it and just drink water for 24 hours but it worked

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wow!
Communicable diseases spread in winter shocker!

Seriously though, all that article is saying is that norovirus is prevalent and that if you need to get a flu vaccine get it now.
Try as I might I can't see the article saying any more than that.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Norovirus is not the flu, so why the hell would getting a flu shot help in anyway? And flu mutates and changes, far quicker than any vaccine manufacturer can keep up with. So which strain are tjhey injecting people with?

My OH has had his flu shots, but he still got sick when i got sick (and still is) with this insane chest infection thing going round.

Luckily it wasn't norovirus, it's been ravaging people in the UK for the last few months. But the flu shot will not help you.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

virus and bacteria are not the same so anyone describing it that way would be quite wrong.

a little description for those unaware.

Bacteria are single-celled microorganisms that thrive in many different types of environments. Some varieties live in extremes of cold or heat, while others make their home in people's intestines, where they help digest food. Most bacteria cause no harm to people.

Viruses are even smaller than bacteria and require living hosts — such as people, plants or animals — to multiply. Otherwise, they can't survive. When a virus enters your body, it invades some of your cells and takes over the cell machinery, redirecting it to produce the virus.

www.mayoclinic.com...

which is why antibiotics do not help fight the common cold.

as for the flu, well i had it once in my 40 plus year lifetime so for me it's not worth the risk of using vaccines.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've been lucky to have never caught norovirus, but I do wash my hands quite often.

As Stumason said, there has been a surge of it this year in the UK.

The truth is, the more and more people travel each year, the further and faster these things will spread.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There is no conspiracy here; Norovirus has been around for god knows how long (it’s not new OP) most people will end up having the joy of spending a day on the toilet with their head in a bucket thanks to that little bug, if your unlucky you will might even get it a few times. In general most people develop a temporary immunity to it that its built up the more you are exposed to it. I had it once as a young nursing student and have been exposed to it ever since and because of that my immunity to it is really quite strong.

As for the flu, if your immunosuppressed and you catch a dose of the flu then you’re very well going to end up in hospital, again not pleasant. As many know the flu virus mutates and as such the same shot for one year won’t work the next year and if the virus mutates after you have had your shot then you might still get it hence why they can’t guarantee that you won’t get flu if you take the shot.

People get sick and it is the job of the medical professions to either prevent them from getting sick in the first place or caring for them when they do get sick, no conspiracy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join