Here is an intelligent proposal about guns

page: 7
3
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 

an itemized receipt has not been provided in the FL sales i've participated but the specific purpose of the fee was verbalized.

yes, it varies quite a bit from what i'm to understand.
it does differ state to state.
the Feds are currently prohibited from charging for the service but several states do charge a fee.

this might help ... www.defensivecarry.com...

My Brother lives in Nevada, near Las Vegas
- snip -
He then told me the Store CHARGED him 25.00 for the NICS check

*******************
In both states I have sold guns in (PA and VA) the NICS fee was the same... $2 per background check.

In the first store I worked at they charged $2 for the background check and did not make any profit off of it. In the second store I worked at they charged $5, essentially making $3 in profit with every background check.

*******************
In Utah, the charge is 7.50, I think

*******************
Every transaction in FL cost me $5 for NICS + the dealer's FFL fee, which varies from store to store

*******************
In TN, the State charges $10.

*******************
I've bought two firearms in the last several months. In both instances I was charged a $20 FFL transfer fee and $10 for the NICS check. This was at two separate LGS in East Tennessee

*******************
In Oregon I have always ben charged $10 for a back ground check
need more ???

the NCIS demand is a service our taxes are already providing (supposedly).
there shouldn't be additional fees.

in FL, the excuse is they (dealers) use a 3rd party, FDLE, to run the check, hence the fee is 'theirs'
(Fl Dept Law Enforcement ... ie ... state revenue agents)

in other states, it seems the FBI does the check directly, hence a fee is prohibited.

i do understand your position and the other licenses you mentioned are 'privileges' and not infringing on anyone's right. what is happening here is an abomination and a direct infringment of our "right" to bear arms.




posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy
 


Now I can see charging at the local level for background checks for a ccw or the like at due to being fingerprinted
so can most, only here (FL), that fee is $42 + $70 for the BG/license fee.


but how did the state get involved on a federal system for gun buying bg checks?
dealers are state level dealers, that's how.

the Feds maintain the NCIS database (via our taxdollars) and they mandated the checks so they should be prohibited from charging a fee. unfortunately, the state participants saw a gaping hole in that deep pocket and poked their fingers through as far as they could



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by okiecowboy
 


Now I can see charging at the local level for background checks for a ccw or the like at due to being fingerprinted
so can most, only here (FL), that fee is $42 + $70 for the BG/license fee.


but how did the state get involved on a federal system for gun buying bg checks?
dealers are state level dealers, that's how.

the Feds maintain the NCIS database (via our taxdollars) and they mandated the checks so they should be prohibited from charging a fee. unfortunately, the state participants saw a gaping hole in that deep pocket and poked their fingers through as far as they could




In Florida, it's definitely about the money. The FDLE charges the gun dealer for every call that they place for a Criminal Background Check. The dealer must either collect this from the customer, or pay it out of their profits, but the State will get the money, or they won't allow you to use the system, effectively stopping you from selling guns. Unless you choose to violate Federal law, by selling them anyway.
Isn't their a law against charging someone again, for something that they already are paying for?



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by n1rvana



Imagine how much they'd raise if they taxed hammers?

FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year Than Rifles Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

This whole debate about guns is BS, and I'm not a gun owner. The nanny state is producing weak Americans that one day won't know how to tie their shoes.


fox news is not a reputable source, and us over in the UK can tie our shoes just fine.


You might be able to tie your shoes, but you can no longer fight your own wars and you no longer represent us. Maybe you should worry about your own turf.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7
 


Hey Cav, I'd say I agree with you except for two items.

1. They already charge you a background check fee (depending on the state you live in)
1a. every purchase at least in my state gets a BATF (I may be wrong on the form name) which runs your background and is checked.

2. I can't listen to an argument proposed by anyone who isn't familiar with at least some of the current steps. Go get a permit to carry then raise some arguments.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising
 

Here in Colorado theres no charge for it,just a transfer fee from the dealer.
We fill out the same form but we also have a CBI check.Which is a good idea also.
edit on 7-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The mainstream media loves to focus on mass shooters such as Adam Lanza, but the reality is that gang violence is a far greater problem in the United States than mass shooters ever will be.
There are approximately 1.4 million gang members living in America today according to the FBI. That number has shot up by a whopping 40 percent just since 2009. There are several factors fueling this trend.

The number of police patrolling the streets of East St. Louis was reduced by 33 percent between 2008 and 2011. Police in the city admit that they are outgunned and outmanned, but there is not much that can be done about it.

The number of murders in Chicago during 2012 was roughly equivalent to the number of murders in the entire country of Japan during 2012.

The gangs aren’t going to turn in their guns. The only people who would turn in their guns would be law-abiding citizens. That would just make them even more vulnerable to the violence and crime that are starting to spread like wildfire all over the nation.
Crime in Detroit there were 377 homicides in Detroit in 2011. In 2012, that number rose to 411.

We don’t have a gun problem in America. What we have is a gang problem.
A breakdown of the Chicago killing fields shows that 83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. In Philly, it’s 75%. In Milwaukee it’s 77% percent. In New Orleans, it’s 64%. In Baltimore, it’s 91%. Many were felons who had served time. And as many as 80% of the homicides were gang related.

Chicago’s problem isn’t guns; it’s gangs. Gun control efforts in Chicago or any other major city are doomed because gangs represent organized crime networks which stretch down to Mexico, and trying to cut off their gun supply will be as effective as trying to cut off their drug supply.
Large cities all over the country are degenerating into gang-infested war zones, and what we are seeing right now is just the tip of the iceberg.

After the economy collapses, millions of people are going to become incredibly desperate and things are going to get much, much worse than this.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
The mainstream media loves to focus on mass shooters such as Adam Lanza, but the reality is that gang violence is a far greater problem in the United States than mass shooters ever will be.
There are approximately 1.4 million gang members living in America today according to the FBI. That number has shot up by a whopping 40 percent just since 2009. There are several factors fueling this trend.

The number of police patrolling the streets of East St. Louis was reduced by 33 percent between 2008 and 2011. Police in the city admit that they are outgunned and outmanned, but there is not much that can be done about it.

The number of murders in Chicago during 2012 was roughly equivalent to the number of murders in the entire country of Japan during 2012.

The gangs aren’t going to turn in their guns. The only people who would turn in their guns would be law-abiding citizens. That would just make them even more vulnerable to the violence and crime that are starting to spread like wildfire all over the nation.
Crime in Detroit there were 377 homicides in Detroit in 2011. In 2012, that number rose to 411.

We don’t have a gun problem in America. What we have is a gang problem.
A breakdown of the Chicago killing fields shows that 83% of those murdered in Chicago last year had criminal records. In Philly, it’s 75%. In Milwaukee it’s 77% percent. In New Orleans, it’s 64%. In Baltimore, it’s 91%. Many were felons who had served time. And as many as 80% of the homicides were gang related.

Chicago’s problem isn’t guns; it’s gangs. Gun control efforts in Chicago or any other major city are doomed because gangs represent organized crime networks which stretch down to Mexico, and trying to cut off their gun supply will be as effective as trying to cut off their drug supply.
Large cities all over the country are degenerating into gang-infested war zones, and what we are seeing right now is just the tip of the iceberg.

After the economy collapses, millions of people are going to become incredibly desperate and things are going to get much, much worse than this.


I have surmised as much in recent years...

Thanks for the numbers! It really puts the true "gun violence" issue into perspective.
Why can't our politicians recognize the REAL issue? Or, is it that they know, but won't acknowledge it, for whatever reason?

And if the latter is true, what are their reasons, to keep the rest of us in the dark? It sure gives credence to the conspiracy angle of the CIA, drugs, guns and the fleecing of America, all under the protection of our elected officials...

What say you?



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt
 


The government Gun grabbers ride in limousines, step out onto red carpet, dress very well, sit behind a desk, hold public office, appear often on magazine covers, have ...personal bodyguards.... for themselves and their families, and live in very nice neighborhoods where violent crime is rare.
Our civil rights are all individual rights, and only the individual can choose not to exercise one or more of them.
Let's recognize Owning a Gun for what it is - a personal choice and not a crime.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt
 


The government Gun grabbers ride in limousines, step out onto red carpet, dress very well, sit behind a desk, hold public office, appear often on magazine covers, have ...personal bodyguards.... for themselves and their families, and live in very nice neighborhoods where violent crime is rare.
Our civil rights are all individual rights, and only the individual can choose not to exercise one or more of them.
Let's recognize Owning a Gun for what it is - a personal choice and not a crime.


While I agree that it is a personal choice, I believe that ultimately, it is an excercise in Freedom.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

Originally posted by madenusa
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt
 


The government Gun grabbers ride in limousines, step out onto red carpet, dress very well, sit behind a desk, hold public office, appear often on magazine covers, have ...personal bodyguards.... for themselves and their families, and live in very nice neighborhoods where violent crime is rare.
Our civil rights are all individual rights, and only the individual can choose not to exercise one or more of them.
Let's recognize Owning a Gun for what it is - a personal choice and not a crime.


While I agree that it is a personal choice, I believe that ultimately, it is an excercise in Freedom.


When every second counts, the cops are minutes away.





new topics
top topics
 
3
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def