It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicle registration is unjust tax.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
How is it unjust? They tax your house yearly

Maybe you're right. What was OP thinking? Didn't they realize that one unjust tax is made just by another unjust tax which people are used to?

Silly OP.

/sarcasm

No, it's all ridiculous, and completely unjust. We are taxed coming and going. Our incomes are taxed. Our spending is taxed. Our possessions are taxed. What next? A life tax? A death tax? Oh, wait....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Good lord people...

No, the government cannot restrict your travel or classify it as a "privilage". You most certainly do have the "right" to travel.

Correct. We also have the right to use the things we own without having to ask permission first. The entire concept of licensing is absurd.

Safety is a cowardly concern of the people who want the government to protect them.

Now, if you want to travel on roads that the government has paid for -- you need to pay various taxes and register your vehicle. It's a "pay to play" deal.

You are implying that the roadways are the property of the state governments in the United States, but that would be false. How in the world did the state governments pay for the cosntruction of the roadways in the first place...our taxes.

The roadways belong to us.

You can buy a car, not register it and drive it around your private property all day if you want. If you want to drive on roads to go someplace, then you have to pony up the money.

Or, as I previously stated, we could simply build roads the way they used to be built, simply by their being used over time. it seems ludicrous that the government would have to charge citizens a tax for owning property to "maintain" them. I thought that's what state sales taxes are supposed to be used for?

Roads don't just magically appear and maintain themselves.

Actually, given enough traffic, they do.

If you don't like it, hop on your skateboard.

I can use my skateboards without paying registration fees and being licensed?

I thought you said you have to pay-to-play?

So, to maintain roads we have to have permission to drive our cars? If we don't have permission through licensing, then roadways will fall apart?

Oh, wait, we have to have "permission" to use their roadways. So, instead of having a driver's license, why aren't we getting permits to use the roads that state governments obviously own?

Also, if our taxes, that of the people, pay for the construction and maintenance of roadways, how are they the property of the government and not the property of the taxpayers? If our taxes pay for the roads...

There is no excuse for forcing the American people into licensing and paying fees for owning a vehicle. The entire concept of having to pay a tax on an item that you own is a contradiction of everything the United States stood for. The only reason we pay registration fees is to keep the DMV ripe with employees. And the only reason we have a DMV is to make sure that the American people remain licensed. That way, we can be coerced into "good behavior."

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I never like to use this word but... Your post is stupid. Who in their right minds buys a car for the sole purpose of driving it around their yard. If I buy a car I want to use it as transportation not to tear up my yard. Absolutely people do that they are called destruction derbys. To say that it's ok for the goverment to charge me to use the roads I already paid for is insane. What you just said is like buying a tv at wal Mart and then if you want to turn it on you must pay the land lord a yearly fee because you own a tv. Your answer to that would be. "hurr durr don't turn on the tv". Insane man.

And sure i would love to not need a car because of the environmental impact but the goverments public transportation system is so expensive and flawed no one uses it. 60-80 a month for a bus pass in some cities and buses don't run 24/7 often.
edit on 4-1-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
I mean, I thought that was one of the reasons for the revolutionary war?

I believe the motto was "No taxation without representation", not "No taxation at all!" We still acknowledged that certain taxes were just and needed; we had to maintain this country somehow. Taxes being levied without representation were the ones we were mad about, and had much to do with the formation of our Bill of Rights.

Emphasis mine:

“No taxation without representation” refers to the slogan from 1750s and 1760s that encapsulates the prime grievance of the Thirteen Colonies. It is actually part of a sermon given by Jonathan Mayhew in 1750. It was also one of the causes of the American Revolution. The lack of representation in the British Parliament was a clearly a violation of the rights of the colonists. Thus, taxation and all other laws that affected the colonists directly and indirectly were not constitutional at all.
totallyhistory.com...
edit on 4-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

I believe the motto was "No taxation without representation", not "No taxation!" We still acknowledged that certain taxes were just and needed; we had to maintain this country somehow. Taxes being levied without representation were the ones we were mad about.

And taxes for owning property aren't unjust?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

And taxes for owning property aren't unjust?

If you have Allodial title, yes they are unjust.

Emphasis mine:

Allodial Title

Allodial - "Free; not holden of any lord or superior; owned without obligation of vassalage or fealty; the opposite of feudal."

Allodial Title is the heart and sole of the construct of the United States of America. This is how you hold title to your land, free and clear of any taxes or encumbrances. The government cannot come onto your land, you are sovereign on your land. Imagine owning land where you knew, if all went wrong, you could at least go and grow vegetables and survive - this is what the USA is meant to be.

Following the fraud of the Federal Reserve Banking Act and the owners of that bank causing World War One and the Great Depression and the bankruptcy of the USA, banksters deceptively eliminated Allodial title and the heart of the USA was torn out.

It comes as a shock when you realize that you do not own what you thought you owned.

libertyforlife.com...

Unfortunately, I'd wager that less than 1% of Americans actually own their own land. Hence, legal taxation. If you ask me, we need our rights to allodial title back if we are to overcome the issue of being taxed for "our" land.
edit on 4-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: Very odd sentence

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They have cut taxes for the for the rich and corporations, and made up for it by increasing fees, there by increasing taxes on the working class to offset taxes to the rich.

It is one big con.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thank you baby Jesus you knew what an allodial title is! I agree completely.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Steal from the poor to keep the rich rich.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
When it comes to vehicles, it's a matter of having the Manufacturers Statement of Origin. I dont usually use youtube videos, but this is an excerpt from Michael Badnarik's Constitution Class. I highly recomend the whole series. At 2:29 in the video, a woman starts asking a lot of typical questions we might have, and it sums up the situation nicely

One of my favorite quotes in the series:

"if you want easy, go along with the flow; If you want freedom, you're going to have to buck the system"

Another gem:

Privileges are generally identified by a permit or a license...

He goes on to discuss other permits and licenses. It's very interesting, I can't recommend it enough.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the info and links I'll check it out. I wonder when the American people will open their eyes.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The reality is that none of us own anything.

My house is bought and paid for but if I don't pay my land taxes every year, they can take it away from me.

If I don't pay my income taxes every year at tax time, they can walk into my home and take everything that has monetary value (even the computer I'm typing on) and walk out the door with it.

They can also freeze my bank account... the very money that I worked for and earned with my own blood, sweat, and tears.

We own nothing folks, nothing.

We pay to have the privilege of living in their country.

I brought up this point in another thread, but I'll repeat myself here too: We do not have any rights whatsoever, constitutionally written or not, we only have privileges.

Welcome to modern day society...
Thank you for your patronage.

Pardon me while I go barf up my dinner now.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Just a body to count and a paycheck to steal from. I'm surprised the goverment doesn't give everyone a gun and one bullet so if you ever lose your ability to pay taxes ( retire, disabled, or the like) you can kill yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Just a body to count and a paycheck to steal from. I'm surprised the goverment doesn't give everyone a gun and one bullet so if you ever lose your ability to pay taxes ( retire, disabled, or the like) you can kill yourself.

Oh hell, they wouldn't give us anything... no doubt we'd have to pay the processing fees for them to dole out the "free" gun and bullet to off ourselves with.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

We would have to get a license and take a class on proper procedure of course at the cost of the citizen. "I have my card now may I kill myself?" "You may procede, please use caution."

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by AMERICANSTRONG
reply to post by marbles87

This system of taxation and spending is so out control. I realize some are so accustomed to it, that it's normal and maybe mildly egregious, death and taxes oh so funny.

But think about it. For many work dominates our life. Our one life on this Earth is dominated by work. For most, 5 our of 7 days spent working. We spent so much of our youth, not learning, but gaining certificates to prove we can work. I mean holy s%%%, work is our life. And then some guy tells us that 50% of everything we work for has to be paid to him. And it keeps going up and up. And everything you do, they keep taking more and more.

It quite literally makes me sick.

I've had these same feelings for quite some time now.
But what do you think we can do about it?
That's a riddle yet to be solved.
The only way to change it is to start with new generations, to retrain their thinking and give them the education, knowledge, and opportunities to make better decisions than we did and to take things in a different direction. Instead of continuing to dump them into the mindless trap that is our current system, we all should work hard to help them to develop a larger picture of how things could be different. It may even take several generations, and it won't be easy. Its difficult to focus on educating our youth while we are running as fast as we can to avoid falling off the hamster wheel.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Theres only one problem with your argument. Its based on a reality that makes sense. Welcome to America, shut up and give us your money.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Yup. I'm pretty accepting of paying my fair share but only my "fair" share. I want nice things for this country infastructure, schools, parks and the like but no reason we need to pay so much for the crap that we currently have. Failing infastructure, failing schools, unmaintained parks and what not you get what I'm getting at.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yeah I get ya. So what kind of response did your brother get? And do you fear he will get a ticket for it in the future?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

The cops were like "I never thought of that and you're right" no we don't worry about getting pulled over. If we get stopped we will see what happens. My bro is a vet so the police usually never bothers him but some cops love to show authority. Like one asshole gave him a ticket for wearing his sunglasses and not his .25+ prescription glasses because it was endorsed on his license that he had glasses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join