It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dear American Friends, what is wrong with the USA?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What is wrong with the US? Its horrible!! If I had the money, I would have already moved to Canada!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
If it had to be one word concept, ARROGANCE.

Ironically, even Barry himself has labeled america overly arrogant:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Indeed. How dare he make light humor towards an audience at a dinner that wasn't expecting a heavy speech? He's so much more arrogant than the last guy who said at a press conference that his duty is to start a religious war because he believes Jesus wants everyone to be free. Which is funny because he must not have read the Bible - It definitely condones slavery multiple times.

Just so arrogant.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Thanks for your opinion.

God bless you.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
the beast has become more ravenous.
the beast wants taxes.
the beast knows no boundaries.
the beast believes in debt.
the beast believes in death.
the beast wants dominion.

beast = federal gubbers.

You can go ahead and ask who wears the mark of the beast. Yes, it's fraud because of not giving you full disclosure. But the deed has been done. Who has voluntarily given themselves to the beast? There are a few definitions of "mark". But you can fix the problem once you know enough about the truth.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You are hypocritical in your OP.

Americans and Canadians are mirror images minus a few differences.

We are all the same we are governed by regional laws and restrictions that leave so many loopholes that we are all part of this twisted game for even believing in it.

Canada is just as messed as the USA, I can speak as a witness since i lived in both countries but this whole Canada is the innocent brother from up north saga is lame as #

Canada is corrupt and evil and part of the NWO agenda.
edit on 1/5/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Our culture starts teaching kids that they are nothing more than an evolved animal, and then act surprised when they act like it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Are we even allowed anymore to just pick up and go? Suppose just a hop skip within Northamerica[s a relatively easy one.

I have just begun the expat process and although US law doesn't require an existing residency, upon surrender of US passport & citizenship it would be globally safer to have a (Singapore) permanent residency or passport already tangible than be a former American without papers (considering their massacre & terror epidemics)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The premise of the OP was the provoke an inquiry only, not to cast aspersions on anyone, and neither it is posed from an entirely neutral position, since these are commonly shared human problems which effect Canada and the rest of the world as well.

Just wanted to drop by and see if the "double bind" has begun to unravel itself or unfurl? in the form of any solutions or a newfound spirit of empowered optimism - will have to go back and read the thread through again to see what everyone has had to say and how they've responded to the OP (should be interesting).

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
P.S. Sorry for the double bind I didn't mean it, not to leave you a cynical option and POV, that's not fair either. Rant away!

reply to post by tgidkp

Why's that? Can you elaborate?

Do you mean that it takes all the fun out of being your own person instead of just self-identifying as an American?

Are we "citizens" of the world? If so, look out because here comes the anti-NWO crowd, yikes!

I guess that's what the OP is putting forward though, is the question about what it means to BE an American, which you'll notice that I've left entirely open to each's person's own interpretation and understanding of what that means, if anything.

It's a very interesting predicament this "double bind" and it's most definitely one worth unraveling, so that the American flag can wave freely once more

I'm not mocking it (the flag) for a second either, but it's just not appropriate for me to be the first to stand at a salute or with a hand over my heart, forgive me, but I am Canadian ("sorry" is our most used word btw), not American and there is a difference however slight it may be.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I want to move to Canada, and get out of here. This country is going down in a fiery wreck. There's little hope of saving it.

How much would a very small cabin in the woods somewhere in a very low populated area of Canada cost me?

Respect from your North American brother.

I shouldnt' be doing this, because it violates the integrity of the premise of the OP, but If you really want to get away, and even drop of the general map and the corporate-cultural "vibe" of "Civilization", and yet enjoy about the best that Canada has to offer, I'd go to Vancouver Island, either up Island to a place on the ocean called Tofino, or a boat ride from Victoria on the southern tip to a place called Salt Spring Island where you could even tend sheep if you like, or if you're into arts and crafts there are a lot of successful artists there.

Otherwise the rest of Canada kind of sucks, to be honest, except the Maritimes of New Brunswick and PEI where in spite of the rural setting they have of the most robust Internet connectivity in North America.

Vancouver sucks, once you get used to it, except maybe a small area of the city called Commercial Drive. Forget Toronto, and all of Ontario, Calgary Alberta is nice (the people are friendly), Montreal probably the nicest urban area, and that's about it from what I can tell.

There is a certain down to earth vibe throughout most of Canada though, and it's different from the US, I tell you that you can feel the vibe shift the moment you cross the border, from either POV (whether Canadian or American).

But this thread isn't about downing the USA, nor trying to recruit Americans to become US ex-patriots living in Canada, really that was about the last thing that I was trying to evoke with the OP.

But of course anyone would be more than welcome. I know some Canadian expats who've been living down near LA in the San Bernardino area, and while at first they didn't want to give up the Green Card status they'd earned, now having seen about enough they are more than happy to leave the US behind and make a return home.

We are not exactly the same Canada and the USA I have to disagree with what an earlier poster said, in spite of the fact that our slick Prime Minister Harper is up the NWO yingyang like there's no tomorrow, which is very sad to see, although he does a reasonable job of protecting Canadian interests I'll give him that much.

Our economy is really starting to pick up steam now and we're leading the G7 group in terms of all the economic indicators, our taxes are a little high, but the free universal Health Care system is actually pretty darn good if anything goes wrong with your health and you need good care.

Anyway, that said, if you do come, welcome to the Great White North, eh?

The funny thing about Canada and Canadians I think is that on the whole we don't take ourselves TOO seriously, because at some level we know we don't know precisely who and what we really are, as Canadians, so it's like having an identity that's a bit of an identity crisis, which is why I guess that "sorry" is the most used word in Canada, and why we're known, compliments of Bob and Doug there, for ending every sentence with eh? as if unsure (we don't really do that, but used to, like back in the 70's and early 80's, eh?). We do know that we like hockey and beer, and that while Polar Bears are nice, most of us have never seen one for real.

edit on 5-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: sorry, had to edit, eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

No way pal,Canada has a much higher caliber of nutbar,we have been reinforced with every draft dodging ,claim jumping,law busting for their life running American since the beginning of time,they have been hiding in our clouds silver lining for so long they blend in.

Ex-pat Americans are easy to spot,they all look like they have a very big secret,all the time

And our nutbars are easy to find,it seems like thery are spread out but you just need to measure distance in gas stations ,as there are clusters around all the gas stations across the great snowy tundra,just like a big box of Turtles Forrest,just like a big box of Turtles.

Ha ha ha ha.

Heres the biggest difference between Canada and america,in Canada if everyone carried guns on them there would be dead bad people all over the place for the first year then it would get boring carrying guns as we would all see our jobs as being completed,but in America guns are used to defend property and money which means they are used as the support behind criminal activity,there is no way to define what is and isnt criminal when money is treated equal to human life,so in America there wouldnt be hardly any dead bad guys,just a lot of well armed criminals who all agree to agree they arent criminals ,but you see its the use of the guns to protect property and money where the split happens.

We all watch youtube and see the many videos of american store clerks in neighborhoods all over getting into gunfights over 50 bucks in the till of the store,all because people have a right to defend money with guns.In Canada we have a thing called insurance for that and people called cops who come visit us and give us reciepts that we cash in with the insurance companies,just like a bank-see.

We DONT CAP EACH OTHER IN THE DAIRY AISLE with high powered weapons.

Since the recession has hit many American criminal gangs have come North to follow the money with little to no fighting or opposition,it doesnt work that way here,the gun murders have skyrocketed,but its retarded to Canadians to watch 20 year old kids get shot to death over a bag of marijuana or 100 bucks worth of play money--Americans are warped into this fantasy life of gangsterism,and this Bonnie and Clyde mentality of going down with the ship,its freaking scary,they actually believe this crap.In Canada everyone plays gangster until it gets dangerous then we put our weapons down and let our court system settle things,not our guns,but then again we dont get life in prison for three arrests with three joints of marijuana either like in some states.In America Prisons are for profit and civic governments are participatory,it is like a cesspool of crooked people.And most go to churches to boot.

There have always been guns here but people arent stupid enough to be shooting each other over money and property,its that simple.Our laws arent designed here to encourage murder,you wont do life for a dooby in Canada so why kill a cop over it.America asks for its own trouble because it is full of lieing hippocrates and uber-patriots,that combonation is deadly when sprinkled liberally with religous zealots involved in every level of deciet and crookedness.

Prisons for profit means unrealistic laws that encourage desperation.Why do you think JFKs murderers,the people who executed the coup de tat arent being held to justice,Mmmmm,like they dont know who did it,hell we all can Youtube it and see for ourselves now,so whats up Doc.

Its the lieing crooked part of America that is supported by the right to arm yourself and defend your property as opposed to just your life,that is a huge difference.Putting such a high value on money and property over and above human life is setting yourself up for disaster.

Put the guns down son,its just a bag of weed,no one cares here and we dont kill each other for money so relax,put the gun down and talk to the nice policeman,he will give you a coupon and then you can go recieve you punishment ,and dont worry about jail,we arent slamming you away for life,we will just ask you to be nice,ok.

No cop killing today son its just a robbery charge,it was only 50 bucks from a corner store,we arent going to slap you into prison for life now,so take it easy and put down the guns.

America lies to its people and suffers the consequences every single day through death and violence.

Call a spade a spade,come on cant we all see that old bag Nancy Reagan on her satanic crusade---no means no--jesus chripes that woman was senile or something.And Ronald towing the line right behind her skirts.All in support of Prisons for Profit.The christians jumping into fiscal bed with the barbarians,ha ha ha,and like no one would ever catch on.

it is pretty easy to blame the lieing christians,seeing as they make all the money. in the end.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I certainly do not agree with everything you said, but the motto of "live and let live" does seem to apply more in Canada then the US, and in the space of a little less judgmentalism, it's possible that we are a little more open minded, a little easier going, and not wound quite as tight.

I do agree that the "Three Strikes Law" in the USA is injust, and I can't stomach it to think of how many impoverished predominantly African Americans now languish in US prisons, as a result.

Imagine, someone, in most cases a poor man with little if any support or resources get's charged once for a fight, once for shoplifting and a third time for a small amount of marijuana and he ends up in prison for LIFE, that's just crazy and unjust and doesn't weight things in favor of lowering crime rates because that's the environment many of these punk-ish kids grow up in. And so the prisons fill up to overflowing.

It's not politically expedient however to repeal such a law. Meanwhile I've heard about pardons extended by ex Presidents like Bush, to some of the worst of the very worst in society, because they shared some sort of satanic common bond of some kind (it happened under Bush Sr. and Jr.).

Sorry back on TOPIC - because this thread and OP isn't about the difference between Canada and the USA. Why skirt or deflect from the issue at hand?

edit on 5-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Only a fool would talk about the splinter in someone else's eye while there is a log in their own eye and while I believe there is plenty of blame and criticism to go around, regardless of what country, what nationality or what your belief systems are (Political and Religious) I know enough of ancient history and current history from my own experience that the way of humanity is one of extremes; of rises and falls, of dominance and subservience, that all nations and all races have their day in the sun and all will in their own time fall. Unfortunately, I must concede that we are witnessing and participants in the Fall of America; the Fall of the United States of American and Obama, and all those with him, are symbols and engine of that fall.

However, I would not wish any to think I am a racist so, I will end my comments with the words of what I consider one of the greatest Black Men I have known:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by AMERICANSTRONG

The number's so high it's meaningless and the only one strapped by it is the US government, not you personally.

Hypothetical idea: Create a new Internet product marketing empire of some kind, give half the money to the poor and starving use that as a new Internet marketing genius methodology, inspiring countless other companies to do likewise, and just accept the fact, that for 20-30 years there may be more pot holes in the road than usual, less money for education etc - heck once you become a billionaire you could create a virtual internet school with every grade straight into University and beyond - anything's possible, we just have to figure out a way, come up with an idea and each try to do something extraordinary for all the right reasons. But the only possible starting point is to not give up, but for those who can think about creating a new business, getting that special degree, running for office, assuming responsibility in every facet of American life and be the shining light for the household even if the house is very dark. What else is there to do? Do something, and I'll try to do my part "up here" from the Great Canadian North eh?

WE, can do this, YOU can do it, anything is possible, my point being, not just to rally, but to try to show you the absurdity of throwing in the towel just when the "keepers of the flame" dropped the ball and started passing off the scene - you don't hear much from Guiliani, Cheney and Newt Gingrich anymore, that's a start.

It's a new world, and a new Internetworked age where the IDEA rocks and where love conquors all if only because the other way sucks by comparison, and didn't work out so well, so really I'm inviting you to consider a marvelous joke in the domain of new possibility relative to and at the expense of, a really #ty past by comparison.

One two generations, and it's a whole new ballgame, so what if it takes 10-20 years to dig out of the mess. Who knows maybe the fatcats will figure out a way to somehow write off or forgive large portions of the debt, while some hook-nosed degenerate hunchback somewhere in a castle in Europe heads down the winding staircase to open a vault of gold the likes of which the world hasn't seen since it was in Fort Knox.

Hey anything's possible oh yea of such little faith.

That was pretty funny!

- what I (he) said (points nowhere).

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by one4all

I certainly do not agree with everything you said, but the motto of "live and let live" does seem to apply more in Canada then the US, and in the space of a little less judgmentalism, it's possible that we are a little more open minded, a little easier going, and not wound quite as tight.

I do agree that the "Three Strikes Law" in the USA is injust, and I can't stomach it to think of how many impoverished predominantly African Americans now languish in US prisons, as a result.

Imagine, someone, in most cases a poor man with little if any support or resources get's charged once for a fight, once for shoplifting and a third time for a small amount of marijuana and he ends up in prison for LIFE, that's just crazy and unjust and doesn't weight things in favor of lowering crime rates because that's the environment many of these punk-ish kids grow up in. And so the prisons fill up to overflowing.

It's not politically expedient however to repeal such a law. Meanwhile I've heard about pardons extended by ex Presidents like Bush, to some of the worst of the very worst in society, because they shared some sort of satanic common bond of some kind (it happened under Bush Sr. and Jr.).

Sorry back on TOPIC - because this thread and OP isn't about the difference between Canada and the USA. Why skirt or deflect from the issue at hand?

The three strikes rule involves serious felonies so those offenses you listed do not apply. If you walk out of your house and someone tries to murder you they get three chances to do if the first two dont work. They get a short break (prison) in between though.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A better question is: What the heck is wrong with the entire world? As far as I'm concerned the only people that are off the hook are guys living in the jungles of Guyana, New Guinea, etc. or perhaps some of the progressive European nations that seem to have turned the tables on drug abuse and and widespread crime.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Plenty of heinous things happen in Canada, nobody is so squeaky clean as you are claiming. O' Canada

Here's another
edit on 5-1-2013 by jasonl1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Only a fool would talk about the splinter in someone else's eye while there is a log in their own eye and while I believe there is plenty of blame and criticism to go around, regardless of what country, what nationality or what your belief systems are (Political and Religious)

I was just asking the question, only, not answering it, and I didn't say that the nature of the world's problems were exclusively of US origin, nothing like that at all.

It could even be rhetorical, as if to say that hey wake up, maybe things aren't as bad as you'd assumed them to be, maybe nothing's really WRONG and there is still hope for a series of better tomorrows, maybe there's still new light capable of shining in darkness, point being that it's part of our human nature to continually strive, while always learning from our mistakes, and most certainly a number of valuable lessons have been learned, but there's still a long way to go and a lot of contrast to work with in regards to how NOT to do things, so it's both practical, humorous, and in the final analysis the only thing worth doing, such that everything else WAS absurd when looking back, in hindsight.

I was just trying to remind everyone and every American that America (whatever that means for each American) is THEM, as American Citizens. America is STILL great, it's merely an ASSUMPTION that all is lost. Therefore there's a choice, both looking back, and forward, arising from a question posed by reason, and logic, nothing more. I've seen only about three people so far even begin to access it and address it from the OP, what I was really trying to get at, as a type of epiphany about the real nature of power.

And have I not been self deprecating and playful enough to show you that I cast no aspersions on anyone or anything?

Whatever the problems may be, and they are many, these ARE human problems, so they must have human solutions. To think otherwise, is well, at that point where we've really gone off the edge and have become totally bonkers, to think that we cannot all of us, eventually, take the splinters out of our own eyes and thus our brother's eye.

The Canadian is in a perfect position to pose this question, not because we don't have many of the same problems if not to the same degree perhaps, but because we're willing in our open and unassuming and even humorous way, at least some of us (who are crazy enough) to try to find and present the funniest joke ever told, maybe even a joke capable of saving the world, but it's not at the expense of the "USA" how absurd, no you're right that we'll all in this together and I just wanted you to know that I'm rooting for you from the Great White North, and even egging you on, daring you, each of you, to become proud Americans again, because you rock! We all know what the problems are, so that's really good news in a way, gives me hope anyway..

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

The only countries that are ok are the ones without a central bank(Res bank). But, hey, that's almost taken care of now. United States Inc has been blowing the crap out of the countries that don't want one, until they do want one. If they don't want to trade their resources for dollars, Corp US bombs the crap out of them until they do. Plain and simple, really.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

You can leave United States without moving. I did it. It's a corporation. Not a country. Just like Canada, and alot of other "countries". Glad to see people coming back to life.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildo

Of course they've been causing major destruction, but don't forget that many other countries have sent soldiers that have worked in concert with American forces. You approve of all the actions of the UN?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join