It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dear American Friends, what is wrong with the USA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

I have been to Canada and Mexico does that count?

Americans traveling abroad in bigger numbers
articles.latimes.com...

Tired old argument,

Sure it is pretty easy for Europeans to go visit other European nations, does Missouri count?

Weird avatar BTW

edit on 103131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

I would agree with you if I was a fear mongerer and unable to procrastinate.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Well, my dear Canadian friend, I am happy to oblige. You see, from my perspective our government can be compared as a modern equivalent to ancient Rome, except far more fearsome. A monster that cannot be controlled, contained, or defeated, however so I wish. You and many nations, along with many of us ourselves, are under the illusion that we Americans have even the slightest control over our government or it's actions. The truth is we don't, it's an entity that operates within its own interests, not our own. The US government craves power and control, just as Rome. Alas, I can assure you, just as all great empires this one too shall crumble. The US government has made more enemies than it would care to admit, unfortunate it's horrid and humiliating actions reflect on our nation as a whole, which is unfair. I hate to imagine what will become of America when the government does topple. Truth be told, revolution is on many of our minds, however most are too cowardice to make even the silightest sacrifice, however I would, I am a patriot, my family line is beyond ancient so ancient that we reside within the bible. A direct ancestor of mine was also a patriot, he sacrificed everything he had to help push back the British empire, he was one of the first to take action to help lay the stonework for the revolutionary war, every American has heard his name. So, as you might imagine, rebellion is in my blood, I see my country is plagued by malicious corruption, however I know that things are not the same as they were 300 years ago. Today the war would be massive, the largest revolution in human history and the bloodshed would be greater. That's the problem, is many people still believe it can be done peacefully with pen and paper. Truth is it can't true change at this point would require true patriots those who would not hesitate to die for the sake of their people. Their are few true patriots left, as most Americans descend from European migrants in he last 200 years, this thir ancestors played no part in founding this country, so why would they bother to save it. This is my home, not Germany, not England, not Norway, there are few true Americans left, many ( especially current immigrants) practically worship the government because they are not from here so they fall for the illusion of "rights". Many came from impoverished countries so this is a step up for them. But not me, I see the tumor, and I want it removed, and my country healed. However revolution will never come for reasons stated above instead cowardice Americans will continue to stand and watch as our government provokes other nations, until eventually WW3 comes to our soil, and the death toll, and the future it would bring for Americans will be far worse than any revolution could ever bring. And all I'll I can do is say, I told you so.

I appreciate and admire you having enough brains to actually have asked the question, rather than assuming what you see in the news. Cowardice we stand, as brainwashed we'll fall.
Peace be with you friend

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

We ARE being Overtaxed, underpaid, overworked, overfed but undernourished, overschooled but undereducated....

Immigrants are working jobs we could give the Homeless,
It's a crime to punish your kids as you see fit
You get a longer jail sentence for killing a dog, than you do a human
4 out of Every 10 Dollars you make, goes to state/fed, then they Tax you 10% for Everything you Purchase, and again, every time you get Gas, or have a Child, along with when you Die....... If you really add up all the Taxes you actually Pay, when you spend your Money, the Government is taking 60% plus of what you earned.

American Companies are Moving American Jobs to other countries because Survey Says...... It's Cheaper There!! (Steel Industry, Textiles, Cars, Electronics,.... thanx NAFTA)

Large Companies get Large Tax Breaks....
while the Working Class gets a Tax Hike

Jobs are now based on Quota...
not the best man suited for the job

Our Government is more concerned about things OUTSIDE of America yet, ignoring the Problems within
We are becoming puppets with no alternative choices!

Too Many laws that are too confusing (try reading US Code, or Tax Code or the millions of statutes and regulations)

In some Cities, you can not have a gun, within City limits, even if you are using it for Family Protection, in your own home (unless you grease some government palms)

Our Elected Officials are more concerned about filling their Pockets with gold, than taking care of the people who Elected

You are right, America Is Messed!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AMERICANSTRONG

The horse pee. Probably a few apples.
I would so like to create a littermaid type system for stalls.

Hose poos, triggers a dribble of grain in a bucket to get the horse out of the way of the rakes, the rakes scrape the poos off to the the side into a bin... haven't worked the rest out but give me time.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I feel like I kinda got drawn into sharing my view on 9/11,

If you felt compelled to offer 911 in retort to my watered down reply that's on you Nam. And I understand where you come from perfectly, I do agree. I guess I didn't understand your wanting to avoid dark places, because I myself perceive your heading to be dark from the get go. What do I mean by watered down and why do I see your heading as dark? Because the truth is the answer is without argument very dark. So here's one on the rocks no water. What's wrong with the USA ? The same thing that's wrong with the whole planet. It's controlled by wicked men who worship an evil God, who's time is running very short and is just beginning to bare teeth and claw.
And I fear, that the temerity of what we see now with these psy-ops and 911 back to Waco and on back to 1963 and most of that in between and even before? Is nothing compared to what's coming. Absolute hell is coming to america first and she will be the horse that brings the Devil to the rest of the world and in short time. It's already begun. So basically my friend," we're dead".

Sure you don't want some water in that ?

edit on 4-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Originally posted by tgidkp to have integrity, you must have an identity. that, too, has been forsaken.

Yes since 1933 when we stopped being people and became a commodity on the world bank.

Originally posted by tgidkp shut up canook.

Your manners could use some polish.
edit on 4-1-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeManHypothetical idea: Create a new Internet product marketing empire of some kind,

How about instead of money using skilled value hours to trade with.
possible example...
A burger flipper can have a SVH of 5-10, A cook can have a SVH of 10-20, A sous chef 20-40, a chef 40-...? depending on how good he is.
Cashier ??? probably dissapear.
Field worker/picker 10-20, produce stocker 20-40, Produce buyer 40...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

What a dumb backwards argument. The US is the most diverse nation on Earth, I see different colors, creeds, and sexual preferences every single day. I know Muslims, Jews, and dirty neo hippies. I'm not ignorant just because I haven't see the Eiffel Tower...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

lol. I've thought about it before. Poop is easy, pee is the real issue. They usually have a special spot, but by the time you get the special pee spot, poop, and everything affected by it, you're usually cleaning 3/4 of stall. And since there's so many risks of a dirty stall and only real cost is some straw and some poor b, it's not really feasible solution.
edit on 4-1-2013 by AMERICANSTRONG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its a little messed up when you realize the Freemasons ( I hope I spelled that right) are running everything under their agenda and not ours... I mean is there anybody who believes that the drug war can still be won? Please I can buy Heroin from the internet right now if I really wanted to and have it delivered to my house in less than three days. Our entire society is backwards from what it used to be and I'll say that itll be a miracle if the generation below me becomes anything more than mindless drones of a Totalitarian government. Yeah? Anyone agree?

Thank you for posting.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Teaching them charity is good but unless they experience
it first hand they are only going to pretend to know what its
like.

naturally you want better for them than you had, but unless they
know first hand what it's like to be without, its only going to be a
feel good gesture to self gratify when they give to charity.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

And good manners ie: thanks for the fish..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It was a rough child hood, of course this was back in early 70's.
But i cant complain, we learned a lot about life that many
didnt.
Oddly enough i still like fish today *lol* although not as often
that's for sure.

Ah according to my doc, i'm about off this rock, my calendar
is running down fast. Wont even make it to 50. But such is
life. But it would be nice to know things have started to
turn around before i get launched off here, so i know the kids
have a chance of living a long and good life.

But sadly, honestly i am doubtful.
edit on 4-1-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The US is just fine.

You mean :

F - up.
Insecure
Neurotic and
Emotional right ?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Our problem is, a rather high percentage of us can't accept the fact that the southern sector lost a war between the states back in the 1860s.

If we can ever convince them that they lost, maybe they can let it go and allow us, as a truly united states, to move into the new millenium and become a progressive nation like yours and a few others.

We seriously have people ru(i)nning this country that think the earth is flat and is about five thousand years old.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

We seriously have people ru(i)nning this country that think the earth is flat and is about five thousand years old.

Monsanto genetically -non nutritional foods- Science

Pharmaceuticals - Science

Fluoride in the water- Science

'___', MK Ultra and experiments on an unsuspecting populace of of fellow human beings including children.- Science
Doctors and Scientists.

Unimaginable weapons of horror and mass destruction not held in reserve but actually unleashed. Science

Genetic splicing that is going to very soon produce ungodly creatures of abomination. -Science

That's the tip of the iceberg.

And you have the gaullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ?

I'm afraid it's people exactly like you.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
The America I grew up in is not recognizable to me anymore.

They say that only times change and that people don't. I don't believe that. I think many people have changed, for the worst.

The other day, my mom (62 yo) told me that in her day, every one knew their neighbors on the street and that people talked to one another and was willing to help each other out. Everyone's kids played together, and that you didn't worry about your child walking to school, or being at school because school was a safe place for kids.

Here in 2013, on my block, I don't know my neighbors. I have attempted to talk to them but they either do not answer their door, or they rush out of their cars, into their houses, and shut/lock up the door.

My mom was explaining to me that people are this way now, and that even her neighbors barely look at her if they see each other. She said people move in and out of their houses within a matter of years and no one sticks around any more.

To me, many people are too busy to connect with reality. Their minds and eyes are transfixed on their cell phones, games, texting, surfing, chatting. many are in a bubble where they don't even know what is going on in the world, let alone know the name of their next door neighbor.

My grandmother used to tell me of times during WWII where everyone helped one another out and that everyone knew their neighbors.

I think the art of neighboring is a dying thing. People can't wait to get home, shut up the door, turn on the flatscreen or get behind the computer. We consume too much and give so little.

I think some of these things need to change before everyone can not only wake up to reality but come together to really change our country.

One look around the internet, and all I find is bitterness, hatefulness, troll comments, flame wars, attacks....
Humanity is shifting and falling apart. People laugh and make fun of other people's pain, their race, or their culture. Basic human respect for one another is of yesteryear for so many.

I don't think it's just America that is in trouble, I think it's global.

I am 44 and grew up with three channels to watch on t.v and that was pretty normal for where i lived. Local news that was amateurish, a movie here and there but that was about it. Other than that go to the video store to rent a VHS movie. In the winter we often lost power. Under circumstances like that you tend to gravitate towards other people aside from immediate family. From a technological standpoint it was a wasteland though.

I also think lack of interaction you may be experiencing is due in some part to age. When we get older we have less energy, appearance wise we may feel that as we age we may be less motivated to interact in person and perhaps some feel they are interacting via social networks anyway...which IDK, maybe they can be themselves more except if you act like an ass in an actual conversation you can always deny it later, not so if you post it on your page...lmfao. That why i not on social networks.
All this makes us pioneers and that stands for everyone reading this for having an internet connection.

Even though i am 44, technology changed fast during that time. By early 20s i had a pc with a 14.4k modem, played games by cd-rom. Joined newsgroups. downloaded mp3s when most people were saying "mp3...whats that?, sounds like a tin can". And thumb drives, in grade school i had a set of encyclopedias and now the whole set including movies and pictures can be put on a little box the size of my pinky.

I remember, i would leave my friends a go on my computer and they would say "malcher, on that stupid computer. What a weirdo" and now...now look, everyone has one...even in China and Europe.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Spanish Inquistion-religion

Jews being slaughtered for being Jewish - religion (yes, even though they weren't necessarily Christian, the Nazis still had their own mysticism.)

The covering up of a world wide pedophile ring- religion

The current turmoil in the Mideast- religion

The crusades-religion

Being stoned or killed because YOU were raped or were caught with next to a man that wasn't your husband- religion

See I can play this game too, but I think it is safe to say that religion has killed many more than science could ever hope to or will. And there is a difference between science and those that would use science as a weapon, because many of those who reject science, have no problem using scientific advancements to their own ends. Just look at Al Queida, they reject most modernisims, yet have no problem taking advantage of those modernisims. And the poster you replied to has a point. How can you chair a science and technology committee, if you reject most science and embrace a mystical point of view that soundly rejects anything not coming from that mysticism? Would you put someone that rejects all current medical advances, and only acknowledges that god can heal onto a health care committee? Well, the conservatives would and do, that's what's wrong with our country. We don't make criminals the chiefs of police do we?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

You can play sure. In total ignorance of the comparison and the fact that your reaching back to a brutal past and to countries that have nothing to do with the topic. And need I mention the fact that I don't play. Also you are the only one mentioning religion. Religion in my view hasn't got a lot to do with God. And don't act as tho I'm ignorant to all the comfy lil things science has done either. And I didn't start the mud sling'in so please play. If you don't mind being soiled ?

Science is choking the life out of us, by making it possible thru high tech surveillance, for a few tyrants to dominate the many. Without the threat or slightest fear of reprisal for the first time in history. Are you even conscious to these
facts ? Do you have any idea of what the whole of humanity is facing? Are you paying any kind of attention to how ignorant you just might be ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join