It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change is no longer accelerating, it is in fact slowing.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjembeJedi

Originally posted by lampsalot

reply to post by lampsalot

Nice! You found a pattern in the timeline.. I think you are definitely on to a solid theory here. If we continue to replicate on our selves without ANY concern for the place in which we live our destruction would most certainly be imminent. Leads one to ponder on the idea that a "Singularity " may actually be the realization of true self preservation with the release of humanity's EGO.
S&F !

edit on 1/20/2013 by DjembeJedi because: finish idea..

What do you mean 'replicate on ourselves'? Are you referring to increasingly the human population?

Yes exponential population growth partnered with no self reliance advancement as a societal whole spells doom..

The world's population is no longer growing exponentially. In fact by some estimates it is slowing down and the others suggest it has plateaued.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by lampsalot

Nice! You found a pattern in the timeline.. I think you are definitely on to a solid theory here. If we continue to replicate on our selves without ANY concern for the place in which we live our destruction would most certainly be imminent. Leads one to ponder on the idea that a "Singularity " may actually be the realization of true self preservation with the release of humanity's EGO.
S&F !

edit on 1/20/2013 by DjembeJedi because: finish idea..

What do you mean 'replicate on ourselves'? Are you referring to increasingly the human population?

Yes exponential population growth partnered with no self reliance advancement as a societal whole spells doom..

The world's population is no longer growing exponentially. In fact by some estimates it is slowing down and the others suggest it has plateaued.

Any sources on that hypothesis? I think I have heard this as well though.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Any sources on that hypothesis? I think I have heard this as well though.

It's actually fact. From 1987 to 1999, we gained a billion people and we gained another billion by either 2011 or 2012 so that means it's either plateaued or is now slowing down. Birth rates are also declining in most countries.

<< 1  2   >>

join