It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Humble Petition for a "Mass Shootings" Forum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We went from Columbine, to Virginia Tech, to Aurora, to Clackamas and Sandy Hook. The former four were solved within 48 hours. There was a call earlier about a Sandy Hook forum, but I think that leaves out the essence of the bigger picture.

ATS needs a specific forum to herd the wild ideas. Here are the current threads I am following, and the forums range from Deconstructing Info, to General Conspiracies.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

Proof 2 Guns Found in Black Honda at Sandy Hook Elementary School

A list of already debunked theories, re: Sandy hook

Overlooked evidence in School shooting

Sandy Hook affidavits remain sealed

Nobody at school has ever heard of Nancy Lanza - SHE NEVER WORKED THERE

PROOF the Bushmaster WAS in the TRUNK of Lanza's car!!!

How the Newtown massacre became a Mind-Control television event

A few threads have been moved to RATS, and I didn't link them here.

The focus doesn't need to be on the Sandy Hook incident, but rather the fact that society is producing "Mass Shooters" which kill seemingly random targets in unpredictable scenarios. A broader focus of that phenomena is what is being humbly petitioned for. I think it would capture the essence of what is transpiring, and allow a forum which is clearly defined by very sensitive topics, giving users the chance to realize that the nature of discussion may not be palatable to everyone. Entry into the "Mass Shootings" forum would predicate an understanding that all the topics may not be savory. This would also solve the problem of random threads in the wrong forum needing to be 404'd.

I don't have all the answers, but it is a pain to locate all the related "mass shooting threads" in the Sandy Hook tragedy. I lurk, and read, and star posts that I agree with. As a lurker, I perceive the anomalies, and merely wish for other members to have a location where they can present their ideas within the T&Cs, a separate forum which addresses the less savory perspectives of "mass shootings".

A petition for a new forum is all this post is. Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I still feel a "mass shootings" forum is too specific and that we have forums available now that suffice.

These shootings are thankfully not an everyday event and while it may be good for people like you who involve yourself up to the hilt, who's to say we (ATS) wouldn't be offering more of a podium for sensationalism. Nutters love attention.

I haven't seen a "dark night" or "colombine" thread for a while.

Let's lose the old 2012 forum first and see how it goes eh?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
A petition for a new forum is all this post is. Thoughts?

My thoughts are - NO!

Besides, your scoring for your debate isn't in yet
Debate Forum

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I know there are alot of threads about these particular stories...
But, I don't believe the forum should be called "Mass Shootings" at all.

If anything, the title alone paints a bad picture.

I'm not against creating a new forum for all these modern day massacres...
But the title should be more broad, not so specific.

Hmmm....maybe Modern Day Massacres.
Even that may be a bit violent.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

But that's Druid's point, these are senseless acts of extreme violence (or if you are Alex Jones, staged mock events designed to put everyone in FEMA camps) why shouldn't these acts, which are becoming more frequent (Aurora, the Temple in Wisconsin, et al) have a place to have people duke out the Alex Jones theory vs the reality of it al, that we are drugging the heck out of our population with dangerous psychotropics and well... this is the end result...

There needs to be a forum for this.. just my .02 cents adjusted for inflation, taxes and FICA

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Current Events - How about that instead? To discuss ongoing events that are no longer one day old Breaking News; but, the questions still remain or are still unresolved.

Frankly, Breaking News should be just that and not an extended discussion area on Current Events.
edit on 4/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
How about a forum called...

Random acts of senseless civilian/citizens violence?

One could not only post and discuss mass shootings in the US but also the ever increasing mass school slashing and stabbing in China and all the other lovely things taking place in the daily lives of this wonderful technologically 'Modern Enlightened and Sophisticated' world.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Everyone, thanks for your replies, and the consensus is tended against.

I understand that ATS is a family friendly website, and just got the newest system wide U2U from Springer.

The title of the OP is inappropriate, as per your responses, but it would take a slew of brainstorming to come up with a good forum title.

A forum request that covers tragedies such as Sandy Hook, but leaves room for other events that have occurred, or that sadly enough, probably will occur, is what I ask. Sandy Hook threads are being created in several different forums, and there's no coherent way to catch them all. I admire the mods for keeping up with them all. The humble request is still a forum dealing with random acts of violence. The travesty is a trend in individuals killing other innocent people. What is wrong with society, that we produce individuals with such a mentality?

What is wrong with a conspiracy website that addresses EVERY aspect of a tragedy? Nothing, at all, save the posting of personal information, which is against the T&Cs. Surely, we can continue our discussions without blatantly violating people's personal information.

Earlier, I requested SH threads be moved to RATS, safe from the google spiders, and also from people from outside our community here that are searching for information. That wasn't really a good idea, as it blocked access from newer members and the rest of the internet. It would've worked as a way to keep private information private.

Basically, I have no solutions save a new forum, with a set posting requirement, to allow discussion about SH and other tragic events. Membership has gone crazy on the topic, and I can understand why the owners are clamping down on this subject. The threads are too hard to follow being in several different forums, and the leniency in what is allowed as a post has stretched to a non-viable limit.

Difficult topics never have easy solutions. I have said my piece.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

As an American, this request embarrasses me.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think a forum dedicated to such occurrences as mass shootings would probably be a good idea. I have no idea what it would be called, but there's been many events recently, and they're all spread out over multiple forums, making it a challenge to keep up with everything. There's a forum for 9/11 and 2012, why not for something like this? I realize that creating a new forum isn't as simple as a click of a mouse, but I think admin should consider it, if anything just for clutter control.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The new forum that the OP is suggesting is destined to come, either now or later... possibly under a a different name.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No, the reasons why can be found in multiple threads and comments from the staff and owners.

Thread closed.

S...

new topics

top topics

join