It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and their 'Contrail' Web Site

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

Why would NASA dedicate a whole section of their web site to contrails. With technical explanations and photos etc.

Funny how so many of the photos look just like chemtrails.
Funny how these Persistent Spreading chemtrails were never seen in the sky when I was younger (20 to 30 years ago)
Funny that they feel it so important to educate the public on what a contrail is, so when we look up and see chemtrails in the sky, all anyone has to do is reference the NASA web site and !OH! seems that just a normal contrail after all. Riiiight! lol

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

It's called education. Sometimes, It can be quite helpful.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

It's called education. Sometimes, It can be quite helpful.

It might be called something else though huh? Sometimes it can be quite untrue. Misleading.

Unless you beleive everything NASA and other government agencies tell you. But then if that were true, why are you here? lol

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
"Funny how so many of the photos look just like chemtrails. "

Right in your face and for sure you'll miss it

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

you're exactly right. they're normalizing the phenomenon for the young. it's showing up in movies too. and I don't remember these things crisscrossing the sky when I was growing up either back then. it's because they weren't up there. I spent my whole childhood outside looking up. the jig is and has been up for years.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Regardless of where you line up on any particular conspiracy, it's probably the same reason they have this section on the site: www.nasa.gov...

I think it's to dispel rumors and hoaxes, but that's just me.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111

you're exactly right. they're normalizing the phenomenon for the young. it's showing up in movies too. and I don't remember these things crisscrossing the sky when I was growing up either back then. it's because they weren't up there. I spent my whole childhood outside looking up. the jig is and has been up for years.

Proof...Just a wee bit...Please!!!!
edit on 3-1-2013 by minkmouse because: Normalized for basement dwellers

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Secret agendas of depopulation don't leave much scientific proof lying around. Makes it way harder to get away with. I'm only 40. I know what the sky looked like 20 years ago. this is a relatively new thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by minkmouse

Secret agendas of depopulation don't leave much scientific proof lying around. Makes it way harder to get away with. I'm only 40. I know what the sky looked like 20 years ago. this is a relatively new thing.

Can't imagine how your mind is going to work at 60. The only reason I can think of for lack of proof to your depopulation agendas is in fact because it does not exist other than in fantasy form.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Proof...Just a wee bit...Please!!!!
edit on 3-1-2013 by minkmouse because: Normalized for basement dwellers

Impossible! How can I prove that these were not about when we were kids? I could show a million photographs of the sky, but you could quite legitimately say "Ah, you don't have ALL the photos" or you could suggest I just don't have the photo I needed. Not possible to prove a negative like this. But like my fellow poster - I am mid 40's - I never saw stuff like this as a kid, and Kids back then spent all their time outside - we didn't have play stations and computers like the youth of today!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
"Funny how so many of the photos look just like chemtrails. "

Right in your face and for sure you'll miss it

Ha ha! I was expecting someone to point at this even as I was tying it! Touche

PS - fore sure it is rude to underestimate people. Like you're so clever! lol

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Why would NASA dedicate a whole section of their web site to contrails. With technical explanations and photos etc.

Well, for one, it is called science and people generally want to know how contrails form. It isn't a common knowledge issue, so I would say I approve of this.

Funny how they all look like contrails....

Funny how these Persistent Spreading chemtrails were never seen in the sky when I was younger (20 to 30 years ago)

They were seen but the explosion of technology, specifically a camera in nearly every hand, has documented more. Also the dramatic increase in flight activity might be in play here.

Funny that they feel it so important to educate the public on what a contrail is, so when we look up and see chemtrails in the sky, all anyone has to do is reference the NASA web site and !OH! seems that just a normal contrail after all. Riiiight! lol

Damn those scientist and our government funded agency! How dare they actually put out useful information! Damn them to hell! Maybe Encyclopedia Britannica is in on it too!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Just because you are ignorant to something, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

There's plenty of photos of "old" contrails.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

atmospheric scientists are flying instruments to study the atmosphere

Well that explains everything...i can finally sleep well knowing this

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You don't notice what you aren't looking for.
My father traveled by air every week for most of my childhood. I looked at airplanes flying overhead. There were contrails back then, just like now. As has been pointed out often, and ignored even more by "chemtrail" believers, is that there are a lot more planes in the sky then there were even just 10 years ago.
Why don't you have many pictures? Well, how many pictures of meteorites do you have? Or how many of lightning? You can't catch every atmospheric phenomenon with photography, even with the millions of camera available now. Think of how many less cameras there were even 10 years ago. There are pictures of contrails from even before my time (I am 51, btw). And there was scientific study of them going back to WW1.

So unless you believe that we are truly in some kind of Orwellian hell where pictures are altered, reports are edited, and memories are changed, you can't just trust your experience as the final say. Because you don't remember them does not mean they were not there.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
And to answer your query about why NASA has a contrail web site, it's because there are people without a lot of science understanding that just might want learn something. Something real and factual, not speculation and conspiracy.
I have always wondered why people continue to believe when the only thing that is consistent about the "chemtrail" websites is the victim attitude and fear that "they are doing something to us."
If you read all the information about contrails it is always the same, source to source.
Things that make you do hmmmmmmm....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
OP I really think your stretching here with they all look like chemtrails.

How about the fact that chemtrails didn't become popular until the 90's?

What about those pesky white trails that happened before the 90's, how does one explain them?

Oh wait they are explained, as they were called contrails such as they are today.,,

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
OP I really think your stretching here with they all look like chemtrails.

How about the fact that chemtrails didn't become popular until the 90's?

What about those pesky white trails that happened before the 90's, how does one explain them?

Oh wait they are explained, as they were called contrails such as they are today.,,

I think you'll find I said

How you turn that into me saying they ALL look line them. Exaggerating a little?

Chetrails are a fact of life, even if you don't believe it. There is a veritable plethora of information on the web supporting this position from a varied array of sources.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well, since the new phenomenon of "aircraft" just broke out on the scene in the last few years, it seems they do leave some sort of "trail" behind them at times. I realize that back in your younger days, there were no aircraft as the ones that fly in the air with jet engines have always had the capability to leave trails behind them. But for us younger folks, we remember seeing these contrails in the sky way back in the 70's. I hear tell they have these things called "pictures" that show them from back in the '40's.

Why would NASA be concerned with science anyway?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join