It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first post and Mr J Titor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This site is really great. There are so many opinions, ideas and stuff I never knew and thought about. I dont know where to start because its so big.

I found this site through searching John Titor. I believe what he says is true but not 100% accurate. Ive been reading his stuff for the 3rd time round and I came across this:

Does the current relationship between Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war?
Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

This linked in with todays news:
Sharon faces critical Gaza vote 26/10/04

Israeli lawmakers held a stormy debate on Ariel Sharon's Gaza withdrawal plan ahead of a critical vote that could give the prime minister crucial support for pushing forward.

The withdrawal would mark the first time Israel has pulled down Jewish settlements in the West Bank or Gaza, and Sharon is hoping a decisive parliamentary victory will blunt calls for a national referendum on the plan.

Sharon opened the two-day debate with a passionate defence of his plan as the only way to secure Israel's future.

"This is a fateful moment for Israel. We are dealing with a difficult decision that has few parallels," he said in a speech repeatedly interrupted by heckling from hard-line opponents.

As the debate began, attacks flared in Gaza, with Israeli troops killing 16 Palestinians and wounding 98 others in a raid on the Khan Younis refugee camp to halt Palestinian mortar fire at nearby settlements.

Earlier an Israeli aircraft shot a missile at a group of people, killing one Hamas militant and wounding seven other people, including two other militants, Palestinian hospital officials said. The military had no immediate comment.

Violence in Gaza has increased in recent months, with Palestinian militants trying to prove they are forcing Israel out, and Israel trying to crush the militants to show it is not withdrawing under fire.

Also, Israel agreed to let Yasser Arafat leave his Ramallah compound for the first time in two and a half years for medical treatment, raising concerns the Palestinian leader is seriously ill.

The vote in the Knesset is the climax of a months long confrontation over the "unilateral disengagement" plan, which has riven Sharon's Likud Party and weakened his coalition government.

Nearly half Likud's 40 MPs say they will vote against it, forcing Sharon to rely on the support of dovish opposition parties. Sharon is expected to win today's vote, but wants a strong victory to silence opponents' demand for a national referendum.

------------------------------------

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
What do you think?

I think welcome!

And I guess you've seen this, but it's the starting point of the ATS John Titor Project.

A search of related material will provide ample opportunities for discussion. You may also like the War on Terror forum given your stated interests.

But don't be sad if you mainly just get warm welcomes and hello's here in introductions.
It's not so much for debate. So don't be discouraged.

Enjoy ATS.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Welcom to ATS

Enjoy your stay aboard the good ship ATS
Just remember, we are ALL nutbags to a degree
Have fun, and learn something.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'd say that was a pretty good first post, keep up good work
, welcome aboard. One thing that you should work on in the future that'll bite you in the back if you don't, is limiting the amount of space in your posts. It took me a while to get used to it, but I had at least 100 ATS points taken away from me when I made that mistake.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

top topics

join