It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes in court Monday: What will his defense be?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here are some of the early details:

The first two witnesses to take the stand were Aurora police officers who responded to the theater and spotted Holmes standing by his car at the rear of the theater.

Officer Jason Oviatt said he first thought Holmes was a cop because he was wearing a gas mask and helmet, but as he got closer realized he was not an officer and held Holmes at gunpoint.snip>

"He was very, very relaxed," Oviatt said. "These were not normal reactions to anything. He seemed very detached from it all."

Oviatt said Holmes had extremely dilated pupils and smelled badly when he was arrested.

link

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is a link to tweets. Found this one interesting:

Jessica Fender ‏@Oh_Fender
Ofc. Grizzle asked #theatershooting suspect if there was a 2nd shooter. "He just looked at me and smiled. It was a smirk."
Expand

Link

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Surveillance video is shown in court of Holmes scanning a ticket and entering the theatre wearing a beanie. I don't ever remember the guy in the news that saw him sit in front of him and take the phone call ever mentioned the beanie.
edit on 7-1-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Holmes bought his ticket on July 8th. I knew all the opening night previews were sold out a couple of weeks before the showing. It sure shows he had been planning for at least 12 days.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The cops testified that Holmes threw both cans of tear gas. Doesn"t jibe with witness statements.
edit on 7-1-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Also, I want a timeline of events so that I can determine when exactly he made a call to his "psychiatrist". They say it was made 9 minutes before the attack.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

"He was very relaxed," Oviatt testified. "It was like there weren't normal emotional responses."

The officer said police found Holmes with his hands on top of his car, next to a semi automatic handgun.

Holmes said little but seemed to understand questions and instructions he received and cooperated with officers.

Holmes was "just standing there," Oviatt testified. "Not doing anything. Not in any hurry. Not excited. Not urgent about anything."

Link

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

All the hallmarks of MK-Ultra, in my opinion.

Second.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I also want to know who made these claims:

Sources are telling the ABC affiliate in Denver that two and a half hours before the shooting, Holmes took 100 mg of Vicodin.

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I know from experience, I'm over 6 feet tall and weigh 300 pounds with a bad hip. The most "vicodin" I have ever taken was 10 5/500 regular hydrocodones, which is 50 milligrams. That much made me sick. So, in my opinion he either had a really high tolerance for pain killers or it was something other than "vicodin" that he was on.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

If MK Ultra programming was designed in such a way that it left an identifiable "hallmark" it'd hardly be suitable for purpose, would it? As for evidence of his actual involvment with the shootings, wouldn't he have been a forensic scientist's wet dream for gun shot residue gathering?
edit on 7-1-2013 by IvanAstikov because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Court is over for the day. Should be some more news coming over the wire in a couple of minutes.

Court over for day. @AuroraPD ofcs/dets describe victim injuries and what they saw. No victim took stand #TheaterShooting #7NewsNow

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

After having researched MK-Ultra extensively, as well as the effects of Scopolamine, his behavior is a clear sign of mind control, in my opinion and speculation. Have you researched MK-Ultra as extensively as I have? The Monarch project perhaps?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

6 yo Veronica Moser-Sullivan shot 4 times & dies at hospital. Her mother Ashley was partially paralyzed on the scene #theatershooting

I read earlier today that Ashley is now a quadriplegic.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
so what was his defense ?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

He hasn't even made a plea yet. But the pretrial hearings have both sides arguing over the calling of two doctors that treated Holmes. Judge is going to allow their testimony. It looks like they are going with insanity defense most probably. The hearing lasts all week. Today there was testimony from police officers and the coroner.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Well I am Scottish maybe that's why

Then maybe you should keep your Scottish nose out of our business and bow to the Queen.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Holmes bought his ticket on July 8th. I knew all the opening night previews were sold out a couple of weeks before the showing. It sure shows he had been planning for at least 12 days.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but he might have bought the ticket intending to see the film, not with the intention of carrying out the shooting there at the time he bought it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

One of the first police officers who arrived at the scene of the shooting told the court he initially thought Holmes was a policeman, due to the combat gear and gas mask he was wearing.

The officer said it was only when he saw everyone else fleeing apart from the masked man that he approached him.

He said Holmes simply stared into space, appearing "out of it" with hugely dilated pupils. He also said the gunman was dripping with sweat and smelled badly.

Sky News
edit on 7-1-2013 by Brocade because: Tidying up formatting

edit on 7-1-2013 by Brocade because: and bolding the important bit

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Brocade

Yes, that is certainly possible but he was accumulating guns and ammunition at the same time. I wonder if we will get a look at the notebook, or at least hear about some of it's contents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join