It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame the devil, cop out or real?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Does God need us to exist? I would like to hear your reasoning behind this. Clearly He wants us to exist, but is it because he cannot exist without us or because we cannot exist without him?

Who cares? There will only be opinions anyway. Unless a huge entity suddenly rises up or comes down, then there are only speculations and HUMAN considerations and debates. Nothing more, nothing less. All human when stated by a human. Until we pass on and or have our own individual spiritual experiences with loving spirits, then it's all just words. Even these I type now.

Love one another and do not lie to one another. Truth and Love heal and grow.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

There's alot of places where he lets satan have at people to test them, but if you're having calamites befall you, you might want to look at your lifestyle and repent of your sins. Satan can't do squat on his own without the Almighty giving his consent first, especially since Jesus took the keys of death and hell from Mr. Angel of Death and broke his power.

"God" is omniscient. Why does he need to test anyone when he knows how the test will turn out before it's even begun? As for the rest: you've just proven that "God" is at fault for everything. "Satan" is just doing his job, but "God" GAVE him that job.

So who should we be blaming, really?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So who should we be blaming, really?

Blame yourself if you want to play the blame game like a little kid. He gives you the ability to make your own choices, if you do wrong then it's on you. Here's a sample of his laws.

Jesus gives a more indepth description of these in the book of Matthew.
edit on 7-1-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Blame yourself if you want to play the blame game like a little kid. He gives you the ability to make your own choices, if you do wrong then it's on you. Here's a sample of his laws.

Indeed. And we were designed to be tested by them. It seems so much easier to break the rules. We are designed to be weak. Why design a race that must be tested for so long, when you know what will go wrong and can just as easily fix it before it's even been made?

I don't think these flaws are an accident. I think they're meant to teach us something. Destruction is only as bad as what you take from it. That's part of how chaos crafts order.
edit on 7-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Does God need us to exist? I would like to hear your reasoning behind this. Clearly He wants us to exist, but is it because he cannot exist without us or because we cannot exist without him?

Sure God needs us to exist. We explain Itself to Itself. If you were The Blob living under Steve McQueens bed and had no idea who Itself was or why it was eating the natives because basically you were boored and lonely, you'd come up with a better solution; fraction yourself off into tiny pieces called souls and place them in all living (or nonliving) things. So essencially you are everything at once. Think of the knoweledge gained and how instant it would be without doing a thing other than having a plan of action and hoping for the best. It can live without us; but being in such a state of stasis (ignorance) It determined It could spice things up (perfectly selfish) by being creative. Nothing determined prior/ would this come to great success? who knew? it has been spectacular beyond anything imagined.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel

Who cares? There will only be opinions anyway. Unless a huge entity suddenly rises up or comes down, then there are only speculations and HUMAN considerations and debates. Nothing more, nothing less. All human when stated by a human. Until we pass on and or have our own individual spiritual experiences with loving spirits, then it's all just words. Even these I type now.

Love one another and do not lie to one another. Truth and Love heal and grow.

I care and I do not hold it as an opinion rather something very dear to my understanding of my being. You do not have to pass to understand your personal unknown; you've waited too long at that point.
edit on 7-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Indeed. And we were designed to be tested by them. It seems so much easier to break the rules. We are designed to be weak. Why design a race that must be tested for so long, when you know what will go wrong and can just as easily fix it before it's even been made?

I don't think these flaws are an accident. I think they're meant to teach us something. Destruction is only as bad as what you take from it. That's part of how chaos crafts order.
edit on 7-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You know, those laws were created for barbarians, mudhutter and tent dwellers; those that had very little spiritual guidance, only the domination of their prospective overlords. Apply today-sure but we are well beyond the civil circumstances of 3000 years ago. The flaws in human nature are built into the DNA. We are the experiment.

Do we learn? Are we even supposed to? It is the experience that is necessary whether good or bad guilt provoking or ecstatic/joyfull in doing good productive things, it all matters because its emotionally driven. God doesnt have adrenal hormone producing glands and would not understand human emotion-so all things brought back to It is pure information no distinctions.
edit on 7-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It's a duality because god is evil and divine. Beginning and end. He has both aspects of good and bad. And since everything is his creation bad choices are the devil. But they are also actions of your free will.

So at the end of the day You chose to be bad which was you channeling the evil side of god.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by smithjustinb

Excellent point. Counter point: if we all are God experiencing a nearly perfectly subjective reality, then God is existing in at least 7 billion places simultaneously. It is more helpful to think of us as "clones" or "sons" of Him, because the supreme consciousness from whence we stem is here acting as our soul, and simultaneously above us acting as God, aka the creator, aka source. Source has no beginning and no end. We humans have a beginning (the first memories in our head after birth) and we have an end, death. So while our souls may be copies of source (God), it is what we experience that defines our reality and actions, not the thoughts we have.

The pieces of IT we bring back to source. We are its fragments to be recombined at some point bringing our experiences individually. Here is the fun thing, this only happens after we are done with the reincarnations, for some 500 or more, so it is a pot luck of different lives lived by the same soul piece--one God fragment equaling exponencial life experiences. Brilliant.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

All that's well in good but you also gotta understand that everything on the outside is on the inside.

If that's true there is still the god equation in one individual.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadLights

All that's well in good but you also gotta understand that everything on the outside is on the inside.

If that's true there is still the god equation in one individual.

You did'nt quote me what do you refer to? Everything on the outside is on the inside. Never said the God equation was anywhere but living inside of you; unfortunately Its living inside of everyone else as well. So I suppose the old phrasiology 'what comes around goes around' comes into play (Karma) an interesting balance act I'd pay money to witness first hand however; law enforcement is paid to witness that already.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I said all that is well and good. Meaning I agreed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I don't mind you calling God/Source "It." God is without gender. The one thing I don't understand is how you can think "It" didn't have a plan before it created us. The blob living under Steve McQueen's bed didn't have all of time to think about its position under the bed. If we are able to comprehend the idea of God, surely It can, too.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I was stating this is said by others, not by I.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I don't mind you calling God/Source "It." God is without gender. The one thing I don't understand is how you can think "It" didn't have a plan before it created us. The blob living under Steve McQueen's bed didn't have all of time to think about its position under the bed. If we are able to comprehend the idea of God, surely It can, too.

We are god comprehending the idea of God.
But the seeking and learning is not our choice. We don't do anything except exist. Since you identify with the human, you believe it is you who makes choices, and the human does do that. But you are not the human. What you really are doesn't do anything other than exist. You are life itself. But life, as an independent essence, doesn't have a form. It is just aliveness. You are aliveness. Everything comes from you and then acts on its own, and what comes from you can even believe itself to be the true being, but it is just misguided. The human has not learned what it really is. When it learns, it realizes that it comes from something much more perfect. You just are, and everything that is is connected to you as that just isness.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

For me, it isn't that simple.

On the one hand, it is a clear cop out. However, for the person genuinely suffering from these delusions, then it is a very real situation.

Basically another topic with no black or white but lots of grey..........

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

On the one hand, it is a clear cop out. However, for the person genuinely suffering from these delusions, then it is a very real situation.

Basically another topic with no black or white but lots of grey..........

Not really. Schizophrenics readily agree that they suffer from a mental disorder that causes them to see penguins everywhere or suffer paranoid delusions or hear voices. There is no gray area. There's a clear chemicular imbalance that's all.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

But how many people that claim to hear the devil (or whatever) are actually schizophrenic, as opposed to being (for want of a better description) bull#ters? I don't know and would be highly interest in the answer.

It is a well known defence in legal circles - play the "mad" card.

ETA:

Clear distinction between the mentally ill and others.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

But how many people that claim to hear the devil (or whatever) are actually schizophrenic, as opposed to being (for want of a better description) bull#ters? I don't know and would be highly interest in the answer.

It is a well known defence in legal circles - play the "mad" card.

I honestly don't know. My best answer is '___', aka the Spirit Molecule, a chemical that is associated with experiences of the spiritual variety. Many people that don't believe in the devil have seen demons dancing on the ceiling and stuff while using the drug. It is naturally produced by the pineal gland, but you can synthesize it too. So anyone who has legitimately experienced this stuff, could easily have been producing '___' for the duration of the encounter.

That's my best guess, really. The rest is all interpretation.
edit on 9-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

What about the ones who hear from his angels that is genuine?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join