It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Told to Leave Denny's for Carrying Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Police Told to Leave Denny's for Carrying Guns

St. Louis News Source

Five on-duty but out of uniform detectives were in the middle of their meal at the Denny’s. The restaurant chain said a customer spotted one of the officers carrying a gun and alerted the manager. The manager told the detective she would have to leave or secure the gun in her car, that guns are not allowed in Denny’s.

Whether or not these news stories are being sensationalized because of the recent issues with firearms, this is certainly something odd.

Even after the officers explained they were cops they were still told they could not carry their weapons in the business. Captain Sax said, “I’ve never known anybody that didn’t want a police officer present in an establishment in a business it’s added security it’s absolutely what they want.”

Sax said the police had their badges in full view, either by their handguns or they were wearing them around their necks. Plus, portable police radios were on the table. A second manager showed up and told the officers they could stay with their weapons. But, the detectives left anyway. Captain Sax added, “They had been harassed enough they have been embarrassed more than enough.”

Why do I find this odd? One of many issues people are demanding is added security in public places, however, this story is presenting us with the exact opposite.

I can't tell if this is a situation where the people who complained jumped to conclusions without rationalizing things OR maybe they have something against all law enforcement officials. I agree there have been plenty of stories floating around ATS involving police brutality, but it shouldn't speak for them as a whole.

Then there's always the possibility those customers simply don't want guns around them at all (most likely reason in my mind).

edit on 3-1-2013 by iamhobo because: Can't believe this was closed over that other crap thread that had no substance, because it was posted first.... *rant over*...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join