It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"With all these shootings you surely must compromise"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
That is a quote from a comment a neighbor of mine made in a gun control/restriction whatever you want to call it debate. That point of view isn't new to anyone in the debating arena of gun control. What makes me mad is every time something happens all the anti-gun people come out of the wood works and try to get whatever gun legislation they can passed under the pretense of stopping it from happening again, saying that it'll help prevent this or that, for the children they say. They use tragedy to push political agenda's forward (which is down right disgusting in my opinion). However my rant is how each time this # happens, anyone pro gun is suppose to compromise. We comprise time and time again, and we're expect to do so because apparently guns have moral statures. Why don't people see that if you keep compromising soon it'll be illegal to own a gun that's loaded and not in a safe, or even further. It's just small increments of gun control legislation, it all adds up. The same concept apply with putting penny's in a jar. At first it isn't much, after awhile that jar is filled to the rim. That's how they get you, and people keep falling for it.

Thought I'd get this off my chest, and I'm going to bed. I'm dog piss tired lmao, have a good one guys. I hope you enjoyed your holidays.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preacher76
They use tragedy to push political agenda's forward (which is down right disgusting in my opinion).

and most pro-gun people used the tragedy in China involving knives to push their political agenda forward...both sides are guilty of your accusation.

The thing is the bills being proposed have already been in place before for 10 years, from 1994-2004. I like guns, and think assault rifles are pretty bad ass. Do we need them though? Not really. So should we compromise to shut them up? So they don't have anything to say next time a shooting takes place?
We're a nation of people with many different viewpoints. Compromise IS necessary, and it's actually a good thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I promise not to shoot kids, women, or old people if you let me keep my guns. Unless they have become the undead and then it would be a public service. I also promise that I will never shoot anyone else unless I have a really really good reason. See I'm willing to compromise!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What the OP is refering to is the continualy one-sided compromises.

That is not compromise, and the current proposed Bill is not the same one that just expired.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
reply to post by Ghost375

What the OP is refering to is the continualy one-sided compromises.

That is not compromise, and the current proposed Bill is not the same one that just expired.

This.

Originally posted by Ghost375
and most pro-gun people used the tragedy in China involving knives to push their political agenda forward...both sides are guilty of your accusation.

I will admit, I have heard that use but not as an offensive tool. Along with the fact that it's only been used defensively the only political agenda at that point it to make sure the Second Amendment isn't infringed anymore than it has been.

Originally posted by Ghost375

The thing is the bills being proposed have already been in place before for 10 years, from 1994-2004. I like guns, and think assault rifles are pretty bad ass. Do we need them though? Not really. So should we compromise to shut them up? So they don't have anything to say next time a shooting takes place?
We're a nation of people with many different viewpoints. Compromise IS necessary, and it's actually a good thing.

The new AWB is new an improved so to speak, only one qualification now and some things added. Assault rifles by the Government definition are not only fun to shoot but necessary. They go for the Assault rifles because they're the lowest and easiest target to hit. The big black scary rifle the military uses as portrayed by the media. However despite that I don't think that the AWB will pass. It's more of a distraction from the normal capacity mag ban or any of the other legislation. You can't eat a steak in one bite.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join