It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simon Wiesenthal Center: Top 10 Anti-Semites, Israel-Haters for 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It wouldn't surprise me if ATS made the list in the future ...
considering all the bigoted haters of jews and/or Israel that are here ... :shk:

edit on 1/7/2013 by FlyersFan because: changed word

No one here hates Jews. What they do hate is the Zionists. This thread has already seen some conflict. Please don't try to cause more flaming again.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Don't tell me how to post. I've been at it a heck of a lot longer than you have.

I stand by what I said. The amount of anti-Jew posts here reach incredible levels at times.
I'm not talking about the posts condemning things that Israel does that are 'questionable'.
I'm talking about posts that flood in from people who actually buy into crap like
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

There are actually people who still buy into any anti-Jew hoax out there
and they seem to LUV coming to ATS to spout holocaust denials etc etc ...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Don't tell me how to post. I've been at it a heck of a lot longer than you have.

If so, then you should know it is better to stop trying to cause flame wars just after a thread has re-opened.

I'm talking about posts that flood in from people who actually buy into crap like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. There are actually people who still buy into any anti-Jew hoax out there and they seem to LUV coming to ATS to spout holocaust denials etc etc ...

Really? I haven't seen many of these anti-Jewish people. Besides, people come here to criticize all types of religion and make up lies about them.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If people are free to criticize Abraham Lincoln,Jesus Christ,Mohammed,Oprah! etc,etc, and make fun of them in public and the media ,then they should be able to criticize Zionism,Holocaust,Hertzel,Kosher dills! etc.etc....Whats good for the goose is good for the moose?! or something like that.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

If people are free to criticize Abraham Lincoln,Jesus Christ,Mohammed,Oprah! etc,etc, and make fun of them in public and the media ,then they should be able to criticize Zionism,Holocaust,Hertzel,Kosher dills! etc.etc....Whats good for the goose is good for the moose?! or something like that.

You are free to criticize anything you want, but it should be grounded in facts, not lies. If your only purpose is to fan hatred, please take it to a website that is intended for that purpose.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
then you should know it is better to stop trying to cause flame wars just after a thread has re-opened.

Get over yourself. If I wanted to cause a 'flame war' I easily could and what I posted wouldn't do that. It's a simple and direct statement that you don't like. The truth of it rubs you the wrong way.

Basic truth .. ATS attracts bigoted people who are anti-_____. Be it anit-Jew, anti-Homosexual, anti-whatever. They come here in waves. The MODS do a good job of weeding them out, but the fact is that there have been tons of holocaust deniers and 'elders of zion' fans show up here. It's just the way a website like this is .. attractive to those with a hate-agenda. Fortunately the moderation here eventually catches up with people like that.

I haven't seen many of these anti-Jewish people.

You have 350 posts. I have 24,000 posts. I've seen a lot more here than you have.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The list includes both anti-Semites and haters of Israel. Your own quotation shows that! Since the official policy of Iran is that Israel should not exist, and they are known to train and fund Hezbollah, an unbiased person would have to acknowledge that they belong on that list.

It appears to me that you are purposely ignoring the full context and are nit picking and only choosing only certain points which suit your arguments. Sure, the Iranian regime are not friends of Israel, but can you blame them? Israel has been antagonizing Iran for decades and you expect Iran to send them a boquet of flowers? There is a reason that Iran speaks out against the Zionists...so the list, and yourself have chosen to ignore the root cause of the problem and suspiciously point the finger at Iran.

Don't get me wrong, Iran has done some bad things too, but as for them being put on the list due to the reasons that were provided, it's simply incorrect. You can approach this with a one track mind all you want, it will just give me more reason to point out thye flaws in your logic.

Again, the list includes both Anti-Semites and haters of Israel. You might object to them being lumped together, but most Israelis would not. It is only your own need to justify your "impartiality," ie; hating Israel, hating Zionism and hating Jews are three entirely different and separate things, that causes you to try to tease out fine distinctions.

Do you speak for all Israelis? Many Israelis that I frequently speak to diagree with what you have just said. I have no impartiality to justify, so your baseless accusation does not require an explanation.

If you can't tell the difference between Judaism and Zionism and feel the need to lump them together, well that shows your lack of knowledge, or ignorance of the situation.

I do not hate Israel, but I am not fond of their government and their actions. I feel the same about many governments, including my own...so please do more research before you continue to make baseless accusations.

Speaking of motivations, why have you chosen to give this list additional publicity by posting it here? What end do you think it will serve?

Well, I though it would be an interesting subject to discuss, and the purpose was to research the list and the motives of those behind it.

What is your movivation for posting here if you consider it to be such a pointless topic?

You seem drawn to this discussion, what are your motives?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The only thing I like to "fan" is the fire for Kebabs!...And please do not try to tell me that criticism about Zionism is based on lies and misconceptions,because people are not buying into that anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well, I though it would be an interesting subject to discuss, and the purpose was to research the list and the motives of those behind it.

You seem to have already reached a conclusion about the motives of the people who published the list. So have I. The Wiesenthal Center does what it feels is in the best interest of both Israel and the Jewish people. They have decided that the nations, individuals and propagandists listed represent a threat to Israel and/or the Jewish people.

What is your movivation for posting here if you consider it to be such a pointless topic?

You seem drawn to this discussion, what are your motives?

I want to prove to close minded bigots that it possible to have a conversation about Israel, Zionism and Judaism on ATS that remains civil enough that it does not get closed down for numerous T&C violations. Provided people follow the T&C, there is no censorship.

Let's begin with Louis Farrakhan. Because the Jewish people were a nation without a homeland for most of their history, and have been subject to personal and institutional persecution, they have always been sympathetic to the disenfranchised. This is why many Jewish Americans were so prominent in the Civil Rights movement of the 1950s and 60s. (Roman Catholics, too, who were also victims of prejudice in the US.) There was good will between the Jewish and African American communities, and African Americans rose up through the entertainment and communications industries and began to enter professions like law and medicine more frequently with the help and encouragement of the Jewish American community. Farrakhan's hateful preaching is driving a wedge between the two communities. It is no doubt for this reason that the Wiesenthal Center singled him out. Farrakhan is a wedge between two minority groups that are stronger together than divided.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

And please do not try to tell me that criticism about Zionism is based on lies and misconceptions,because people are not buying into that anymore.

Did I even imply that all criticism of Zionism is based on lies and misconceptions? Are you implying that none of it is?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

No!,,But let's agree on something in between...Well a little more in favor of the Zionism critics of course.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

No!,,But let's agree on something in between...Well a little more in favor of the Zionism critics of course.

How about we agree to stick to facts, period.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Nothing could be more desirable than that...After all that's why most of us are here for..or maybe not!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by RimDaas

I stand by what I said. The amount of anti-Jew posts here reach incredible levels at times.
I'm not talking about the posts condemning things that Israel does that are 'questionable'.
I'm talking about posts that flood in from people who actually buy into crap like
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

There are actually people who still buy into any anti-Jew hoax out there
and they seem to LUV coming to ATS to spout holocaust denials etc etc ...

Please stay on topic. I am wondering how you have lasted so long with your obviously provocative manner.

Nobody hates Jews, it is zionism that concerns the average person. It is analogous to hating nazis but not hating Germans.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

ATTENTION~~~~~

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

The bickering stops NOW!!!!!!!

If member cannot discuss the TOPIC here is no point in letting the thread remain open.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

FINAL NOTICE!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoorKnobEddie

Nobody hates Jews, it is zionism that concerns the average person. It is analogous to hating nazis but not hating Germans.

I consider this a fair distinction. Also people (I am thinking particularly of Arabs and/or Muslims) do not hate Americans, they hate the American government, because they feel that it trespasses into their land (right or wrongly). Is it not understandable/human nature to react emotionally when being trespassed upon?

From the start, "Top 10 Haters" was not inviting a positive attitude. But Anti-Semitism is an important debate. We will not learn to have a respectful debate when it keeps being shut down. From what I noticed, ATS allows us all to politely disagree.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001I want to prove to close minded bigots that it possible to have a conversation about Israel, Zionism and Judaism on ATS that remains civil enough that it does not get closed down for numerous T&C violations. Provided people follow the T&C, there is no censorship.

It all comes down to the credibility of Simon Wiesenthal and the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Simon Wiesenthal was a Nazi Waffen SS collaborator who had special privileges during his time in various concentration camps and the center named after him is a Zionist propaganda outlet. Please listen to all 4 parts of Mae Brussell's research on the subject. It's audio only.
Mae Brussell -SIMON WIESENTHAL- Part 4 (8-19-85)

edit on 1/8/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

It all comes down to the credibility of Simon Wiesenthal and the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

That is a complete non sequitur. The Simon Wiesenthal Center is merely offering their opinion. They are blindly pro-Israel and hypersensitive to anything that might threaten the Jewish people. Does this make them biased? Absolutely. Does this render their opinion worthless? Not necessarily. Most, though not necessarily all, of the groups and individuals on the list do pose a threat, at some level, to either people of the Jewish faith or the State of Israel. The issue that the OP dances around is whether or not confounding the welfare of the Jewish people with the welfare of the State of Israel is "legitimate." It is this identification of the two that seems to be the basis of the ill-defined term "Zionism."

On the other hand, your attempt to undermine the credibility of the Wiesenthal Center by attacking the historical personage who founded it rests upon "facts" as presented by Mae Brussell, an archetypal Conspiracy Theorist who sometimes presents her conjectures and speculation as though it were fact, rests upon her credibility. Also, your use of emotive language is provocative. Forced labor is not "collaboration." Calling Simon Wiesenthal a "Nazi collaborator" is like calling a Black chain gang member a "Police state collaborator."

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

This link is broken.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

To understand Zionism and the reaction to it I think we need to look at a bit more history than just WWII. That alone is a foregone conclusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join