It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National ID Card opinions please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Kidfinger,

I see now what you are saying. There is a new standard being implemented for both the identification card and the drivers license. As it stands now the federal government is laying down a standard that individual states are to adopt at some point. The magnetic strip on the back of most state identification cards and drivers licenses can indeed hold large amounts of personal information.

I don�t disagree with you when you say that these forms of identification are probably going to be used as a back door national identification card. I�m simply saying that as of this moment you are not required by any law in my state to carry them while moving about.

You can refuse to obtain one of these cards. Of course, that�s not a viable option for the vast majority of us who need a license to legally drive.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Machine,
Where did you serve in Ca.? I was stationed there in 90-94 while in the Navy. 2 years in San D, 1 year Long Beach, and 1 year in San Fransisco. Best sun in the world! We may have met, I was kind of a troubled kid at that time

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Kidfinger,

I was a Deputy Sheriff for the Riverside County Sheriff�s Department. I worked in the Indio jail for about two and a half years then was stationed at the Indio patrol station. It sure was hot out there!

Indio is about 30 minutes drive East of Palm Springs.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nope, you wernt the sheriff that had the pleasure of slapping the cuffs on me
It was a bar fight in San diego that went real bad
, but not for me, I guess thats why I got the cuffs

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join