It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Britannia: Part 6 – The 1980s: You Can’t Tell the People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
as opposed to all those abductions that were easy to authenticate?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

There are various slight variations in the tale from different sources but other than the fact that the bloke's name was Adamski there is little else to link the case with UFOs in my opinion. But a mystery it remains.

Yes there is, he was found by PC Godfrey around 6 months prior to his abduction (if my memory serves me correctly), that was the connection the papers made and no doubt it has been sensationalized, however the possibility of a connection still remains

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Part 7 continues here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Can the Bagshot heath encounter's letter and Ikley Moor grey photo be verified for authenticity. As for Rendlesham, it's a well known case but the part where Penniston? afair gets some binary code in the head then it is decoded and it says Exploration Humanity ... for Planetary (expansion) sounds SO madeup...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
Can the Bagshot heath encounter's letter and Ikley Moor grey photo be verified for authenticity. As for Rendlesham, it's a well known case but the part where Penniston? afair gets some binary code in the head then it is decoded and it says Exploration Humanity ... for Planetary (expansion) sounds SO madeup...

The "Bagshot encounter" letter was written in 1986 by David McMurray around 4 or 5 months after his initial encounter. He could be making the whole story up or the story may have a more peculiar explanation. The Ilkley Moor photo was tested by Kodak who declared the creature was not superimposed. But it is rather grainy in quality and impossible to identify what the creature may be.

Penniston's recall of the Rendlesham Incident has grown exponentially down the years. He is the only witness to claim to have seen a triangular craft, noted glyphs on the side and received a binary code. Just like Larry Warren whose story goes off in yet another direction with the sighting of aliens that none of the other witnesses admit to seeing.

Rendlesham is like a massive jigsaw puzzle where pieces are missing, some pieces appear to have been thrown in randomly from elsewhere and no one has ever seen the picture on the lid of the box but they all have differing ideas of what it should look like.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Meanwhile Godfrey had decided to call his search off and began to head back to the station. He could see lights ahead and assumed he was approaching a works bus that made a regular early morning journey and he had seen before. However as he drove closer he realized he was not looking at a bus. There was an oval shaped object in front of him which appeared to be rotating at a very low altitude. The foliage close by could be seen being disturbed as if there was a strong wind blowing. He stopped to make notes and took out a pad he kept in the patrol car. There was a flash of light and the next thing he remembers is driving along the same road further on his journey.

On his return to the police station he did not mention anything about his unusual experience. However he noticed that he could not account for about 15 minutes or so of his journey. However another report from Halifax of two police officers seeing a glowing object not long before Godfrey's sighting encouraged him to file a report.

Details and testimony from other police witnesses about UFO sightings in the same area (and at the same time of) the Alan Godfrey incident - see 15:50

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

That's interesting find Karl. I can't keep up with all these documentaries these days as there are so many of them. Some better than others.

The Alan Godfrey case is a perpetual head scratcher. He's quite a humble bloke and doesn't particularly strike me as anything but a straight talking Yorkshireman who dearly would like to know what happened to him back in 1980. Certainly a very strange tale and one that now has some corroborating eye witnesses.

As for the Zigmund Adamski case. I did a low-key thread on that back in June when I found some information on it :

The Adamski ‘Alien Murder Mystery’ Solved: Maybe?

The documentary points out that a UFO was seen the night before Adamski was found but does not really make it clear that he'd already been missing for 4 or 5 days prior to that. He was found with about a day's beard growth and was face down when the ambulance crew arrived. This documentary portrays him face up. Which may well have been the way Alan Godfrey found him when he arrived at the scene. The strange burns have been attributed to acupuncture treatment Adamski was having.

I am unable to explain either case but I think Alan Godfrey's own story is one of high strangeness. Adamski's not so much. If he'd have had a different surname and Alan Godfrey had not arrived to inspect the corpse I suspect this case would simply be one of foul play. Although still a bit odd!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join