It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beloved Chicago muffler store owner city's fifth homicide of new year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Beloved Chicago muffler store owner city's fifth homicide of new year

www.foxnews.com

A revered Chicago muffler shop owner became the city’s fifth homicide of 2013, but not before calling his son to let him know he was shot, MyFoxChicago.com reported.

"They shot me in the back," Michael Kozel, 57, the owner Independent Muffler Shop in the city's Southwest Side, told his adult son. Those were his last words he said

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here we go again in Chicago. Another senless murder in a city where the right to protect yourself with a firearm is prohibited. Poor guy was running away and was shot in the back. I wish America would wake up and see what taking guns away from the public has done to a major metropolitian city. Tell me again how banning guns helps protect society?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Tell me again how banning guns helps protect society?

I wasn't aware that Chicago had checkpoints on all roads coming into the city that prevented people from buying guns elsewhere and bringing them in. When did those go up?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

I wasn't aware that Chicago had checkpoints on all roads coming into the city that prevented people from buying guns elsewhere and bringing them in. When did those go up?

Wouldn't matter if there were checkpoints, they would only catch law obiding citizens. Not unless criminals mind breaking every other law except the gun ban. Oh that's right criminals would NOT break a new gun law...would they?
edit on 3-1-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Lets ban guns, that'll fix everything.

Chicago Gun Ban Axed After Violent Weekend: At Least 29 Shot, 3 Dead In Weekend Shootings.

Even with the gun ban in place, shootings in Chicago have been rampant. Last weekend, at least 52 were shot and ten killed in just three days, and this weekend the gunfire continued.

Chicago Police Department statistics, we are told, reveal that the City's handgun murder rate has actually increased since the ban was enacted and that Chicago residents now face one of the highest murder rates in the country and rates of other violent crimes that exceed the average in comparable cities.

Handgun crime up despite "ban".

A new study suggests the use of handguns in crime rose by 40% in the two years after the weapons were banned.

Gun crime doubles in a decade.

There were 9,865 firearm offences in 2007/08, a rise of 89 per cent on the 5,209 recorded in 1998/99.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S..

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed. Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

edit on 3-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Lets ban guns, that'll fix everything.

NERF the world my friend.....NERF the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Wouldn't matter if there were checkpoints, they would only catch law obiding citizens. Not unless the criminals mind breaking every other law except the gun ban. Oh that's right criminals would NOT break a new gun law...would they?

That isn't the point -- your claim that gun control doesn't lead to a safer society is invalid when the gun control is ineffective. I'm not saying that gun control would lead to a safer society, I'm just saying that your point is not valid in this case, because there is, effectively, no gun control.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Thats what you have to do for children...

i dont see many adults on this earth. do you?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws on the books in the US. Tell me how this would be any different in the rest of the US? Do you think criminals are going to line up next to regular citizens and turn in their guns? NO CHANCE IN HELL!!

Gun laws in Illinois regulate the sale, possession, and use of firearms and ammunition in the state of Illinois in the United States

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Thats what you have to do for children...

i dont see many adults on this earth. do you?

Now there is a statement open to debate all day long!!! However funny it may be, it's actually the only statement I have seen about gun control that makes a little sense.
Star for you my friend.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to live in Chicago, anyways?

It's like Yogi Berra said, 'nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded'.

I'm not trying to be flippant in the face of tragedy, but society is going rapidly over the edge and criminal behavior is going to continue to rapidly increase. If I had to spend any time in public again, especially behind the counter of a store with a cash register, I'd be packing several weapons on me and a few more right under the counter. And possibly install a heavy drop net right over the area where the 'customer' stands controllable by a button next to the one that's required to open the cash register.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws on the books in the US. Tell me how this would be any different in the rest of the US? Do you think criminals are going to line up next to regular citizens and turn in their guns? NO CHANCE IN HELL!!

Gun laws in Illinois regulate the sale, possession, and use of firearms and ammunition in the state of Illinois in the United States

en.wikipedia.org...

And how are the gun laws in Wisconsin and Indiana?

Do you think criminals are unable to travel to another state to buy guns?

It's irretrievably stupid to think that a local gun ban's success or failure has any bearing on whether an effective gun ban would succeed or fail.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

No doubt Darth, aren't we fighting enough wars already? Just what America needs, somthing else to throw money and resources at that we don't have. Not to mention the division we already have in the good ole USA.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No it's irretrievably stupid to think just because you make a new law all of a sudden the criminals would obey...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Sure... You can bring a weapon into Chicago from some other place .... If you don't mind leaving Chicago for a few years in a place like Joliet State Prison.

If person possesses or acquires handgun and the person's Firearm Owner's Identification Card is expired but the person is not otherwise disqualified from renewing it: class A misdemeanor, punishable by less than one year's imprisonment, a fine of up to $2,500, or both

If the person does not possess a valid ID card (other than an expired one as specified above), but is otherwise eligible: first offense is a class A misdemeanor (see above). Subsequent offense is a class 4 felony, punishable by one to three years imprisonment, a fine of up to $25,000, or both

If (1) the person's ID card has been revoked or is subject to revocation, (2) the card is expired and not eligible for renewal, or (3) the person does not possess a valid card and is not otherwise eligible, the penalty is a class 3 felony, punishable by two to five years imprisonment, a fine of up to $25,000, or both

430 Ill. Comp. Stat. 65/2, 65/14
Source

Ignorance of the law or the best of intentions won't make much difference to the Chicago Police Department OR the Illinois criminal courts. If you weren't a criminal before, you will be after they catch you with a firearm that isn't properly approved and given the State's blessing to own in just the way they say.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S..

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed. Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

edit on 3-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Here we go again.....there is a big difference between violent crime and MURDER (with or without a firearm).

Don't forget that the crime figures for the UK also include people defending themselves.....yes, that's right, everytime someone defends themselves it is recorded as a violent crime....it's wrong, but it is FACT.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So... how about bringing up a similar city (size, type of industry) and look up how much homicide happened there this young year. Nobody has a figure to compare, other then thinking "omg its the 4. Januar and the fith homicide, this happened in chicago where guns are banned. It must be hell there."

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

I believe Chicago lead the nation last year in murders. So pick any city in the US to compare to, Chicago with the strictest gun control laws is one of the worst if not the worst.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If they took all the guns from the buyback program in California and handed them out to law abiding citizens in Chicago the problem would sort itself out rather quickly.

top topics

join