It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We NEED Assalt Rifles....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To protect ourselves from the terrorists.

The Terrorists are everywhere! In our schools, in our airports!

Around every corner, planning vicious assaults on the American way, apple pie, and our freedoms!

The way I hear it, you can't even tell who the terrorists are by what they look like! They could be ANY ONE OF US!

And they are ALL heavily Armed! With Explosives! Guns! and Boxcutters!

They hate us for our Freedoms! How do you REASON with madness like that?

So, in summary.... we need our assault rifles to protect ourselves, and our families, from the terrorists.

And high capacity clips are useful because terrorists travel in packs (Known as "Cells")

GO, MY PATRIOT BROTHERS!!! ARM YOURSELVES AGAINST THE TERRORISTS!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Does seem rather stupid that your government on the one hand is talking about various “threats” yet at the same time starts saying “we are going to take away the tools that protect you from said threads”.

I personally cant really think that terrorism would increase if assault rifles where banned but I really can see your point on this regarding the hypocrisy of your government.

I would say however that by allowing civilians to won say a AR-15 then you are increasing the likely hood that you’re going to end up having terrorists buying them legally then using them to say mow down a shopping mall.

That is where the argument starts to crumble because yes you can defend yourself form terrorists but at the same time you are providing them with a means to cause harm.

I also think you are being slightly paranoid and its not like you’re going to have your assault rife with you at the shopping mall nor is it going to stop a suicide bomber or a plane smashing into a building.

edit on 3-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Did you know that bullets fired by good guys can't hit other good guys? That's why it's safe to unload on an intruder, because intruders are bad guys.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You guys aren't dismissing the threat of terrorists, are you?

And what if the terrorists decide to crash more planes into buildings?

Maybe we should stock up on anti-Aircraft Missile Launchers!

You know... to protect our buildings from the terrorists.
edit on 3-1-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 1/3/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: LOL forget it!

link   
Please list the civilian deaths within the United States as a result of Terrorism since 2001.

How many Americans have been killed in terrorist attacks inside the United States since the September 11, 2001, atrocities? Arguably 16.

Source

And most of those aren't domestic.

Terrorism? Where?

I'm pretty sure you're kidding though, so I take your OP as tongue and cheek.

ETA: By comparison choking kills 5000 + every year. We should no longer chew food. We should just blend it all and drink it via straw. You know..to protect ourselves from choking..

~Tenth
edit on 1/3/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
OMGWTFDESSERTPENGUINBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

The Terrorists I forgot all about those dudes.
How we going to protect ourselves?
Did we forget about 9/11 already.
We need protectshun!
[/sarcasm]

I've been feeling the need to get a shotgun lately.
Just for home protection.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Oh, my God what in the world ?

This is the kind of paranoia I said I will no longer be contributing to. This is just insane. Packs of terrorists ? Are you kidding me ? What part of "lone gunman" did you not get ? No , civilians do NOT need assault rifles.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm pretty sure you're kidding though, so I take your OP as tongue and cheek.

I thought they were serious, if the OP was satire it would make much more sense now that you mention it, if it was based on their true perception of the world and terrorism, then I am a little worried.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

This is the kind of paranoia I said I will no longer be contributing to. This is just insane. Packs of terrorists ?

Are you saying that the Government is Lying to us about the threat of Terrorists?

Did you hear that? RIGHT HERE IN OUR BACKYARD!!!! they are training in CELLS! WE NEED MORE GUNS!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have a feeling the OP'er may be trying to be satirical.......he's failing.....but I think he is trying.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Come on guys, this is either sarcasm or trolling. turn you detectors on!

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
To protect ourselves from the terrorists.

The Terrorists are everywhere! In our schools, in our airports!

Around every corner, planning vicious assaults on the American way, apple pie, and our freedoms!

The way I hear it, you can't even tell who the terrorists are by what they look like! They could be ANY ONE OF US!

And they are ALL heavily Armed! With Explosives! Guns! and Boxcutters!

They hate us for our Freedoms! How do you REASON with madness like that?

So, in summary.... we need our assault rifles to protect ourselves, and our families, from the terrorists.

And high capacity clips are useful because terrorists travel in packs (Known as "Cells")

GO, MY PATRIOT BROTHERS!!! ARM YOURSELVES AGAINST THE TERRORISTS!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
OP was this your attempt at humor, as a serious gun owner, a former military and law enforcement you make us look like nuts when you can't spell assault correctly. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that your post was merely poking fun, if you are serious you would make me nervous with a load firearm.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The OP is joking everyone...hes making a very good point using the government sponsored worldview to contradict itself...

they want you to believe in bad guys around every corner at the same time believe you are safer without being armed and leaving everything up to them...which logically makes no sense if you believe there are bad guys around every corner...

unless they were to declare Marshall law or create a police state in which all the "potential" bad guys around all the "potential" corners were monitored and cataloged while simultaneously posting armed "authorities" around every "potential" corner...

why holy crap I think we found the agenDUH!!!!!!

some people I guess need to actually eat a turd to know that it tastes like [snip]

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

you make us look like nuts when you can't spell assault correctly.

Well, I'm sorry that I didn't spell assault correctly... I'm just a little nervous about the terrorist threat, and I guess I'm typing too quickly.

My apologies.

But you cannot discount the threat of terrorism! to do so would be disrespectful to everything that the government has been saying for the past decade!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
To dismiss the threat of terrorists in the united states would be folly, the Government has been stating the threat as very real for the past decade!

If we don't arm ourselves... TO THE TEETH, then the terrorists win!

Buy More GUNS!!!! ARE YOU WITH US, OR ARE YOU WITH THE TERRORISTS?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You guys aren't dismissing the threat of terrorists, are you?

And what if the terrorists decide to crash more planes into buildings?

Maybe we should stock up on anti-Aircraft Missile Launchers!

You know... to protect our buildings from the terrorists.
edit on 3-1-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

You are right! Instead of decreasing our arms, we should be not only increasing them but UPGRADING them as well. We need more advanced weaponry such as, anti-aircraft, chemical/biological and even Star Wars capability just to even the field. 911 should make it obvious to all that our "leaders" are incapable of protecting us! This makes the whole idea of trading our liberties for freedom moot! We can see that we must protect ourselves as our governments are unable to!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

911 should make it obvious to all that our "leaders" are incapable of protecting us!

That's exactly my point! Thank you for understanding!

We need to protect ourselves, for if there is one thing that we have learned from 9/11, it's that these terrorists are more capable of killing us than our government is of stopping them!

We have no choice but to defend ourselves!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by ajay59

911 should make it obvious to all that our "leaders" are incapable of protecting us!

That's exactly my point! Thank you for understanding!

We need to protect ourselves, for if there is one thing that we have learned from 9/11, it's that these terrorists are more capable of killing us than our government is of stopping them!

We have no choice but to defend ourselves!

One must first understand that Al-Qaeda was created by the CIA. This tells me that the attack of 911 was planned and orchestrated by our own government. In conclusion, the United States government ( as well as others) ARE the terrorists!

edit on 3-1-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i second by saying we need RPG and Grenades as well. Its terrorist anyway! or on gang that try to invade my castle!

Nothing says never come back like a big bang.

Anything can be solved by Firearm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join