It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adios, says Geithner!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner plans to leave the administration at the end of January, even if President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans haven’t reached an agreement to raise the debt ceiling, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Could it be possible that Geithner has been cooperating with the "good guys" and "spilling the beans" as it were on the "bad guys"?

Time will tell.

Geithner Said to Plan Departure Before Debt Ceiling Deal

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I think it is more in line with one of the smarter rats fleeing the sinking ship........

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He may want to get back into the private sector, where the money is. He likes money. And probably lots of it. I'd wager a dime and a donut that he's been itching to do this.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Good Riddens to ignorant rubbish. Now if he'd just take that idiot Bernanke with him.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way OUT there Mr. Turbo Tax. Here's hoping we get a Treasury Secretary to replace him that can at least be free of tax troubles AT THE TIME he's appointed.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Thank you. I did not even check the link I added to see if it worked!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by ajay59

I think it is more in line with one of the smarter rats fleeing the sinking ship........

Smells like what some bank heads did in 08 before the crash

Anyways, is this type of move unheard of? Would he be the first treasury secretary to leave instead of serving the full term? (then again, it is, after all another 4 years?)

top topics

join