It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov’t Map: Fukushima fallout transported directly to U.S. — Canada, Mexico avoided much of conta

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I feel very sorry for people living within ... . a few hundred miles of fuku . . . but the rest +99% of us . . .

just don't have to worry.

thanks, waiting for ANY which evidence you may have to legitimize your fearing-mongering ....

regards,

ue

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

So you agree living within a few miles of fuku is a nightmare,
but dont believe the pollution its causing?
you do know there are farms in the UK that remain closed because of Chermobyl.
Or that seafood in finland was rejected because it contained radiation from Chernobyl.

Whats more likely:

1. A nuclear powerplant had 3 reactors melt down over a series of days. Of which are still smoking/steaming with no COVER, the government completely botched the response and are covering up any and all intel which shows how much radiation has been and is being released into the oceans, skies and lands around the reactor.

or

2. A nuclear powerplant had 3 reactors melt down over a series of days. Of which are still smoking/steaming with no COVER but there's little to no radiation polluting the sea's, skies and lands around the reactor because the government says so.

I dont know about you, but I have a feeling that fuku is bad bad juju.

As a test of political honesty, id like to see Obama and Shinzō Abe go for a leisurely dip in the waters off fukushimas coast line, then eat some fish from the water around it, and finally go for a little play in the parks.
Bring their kids too, Kids love that sort of thing!

But relax,
Its just radiation from a melting down nuclear power plant.

Link

"We have reached the firm conclusion that radiation released from the Fukushima Daiichi plant damaged the genes of the butterflies," said Joji Otaki, associate professor at Ryukyu University in Okinawa, southwestern Japan.

Butterfly Smutterfly..

Link

"[A] woman in her fourth month of pregnancy was contaminated with 137Cs [radioactive cesium]… The concentration of 137Cs in the mother (0.91 kBq/kg bw) was similar to that in her newborn child (0.97 kBq/kg bw) 1.”

Pfft, Babies, who wants them, right?

Mmmm seafood...

Radioactive material from the Fukushima nuclear disaster has been found in tiny sea creatures and ocean water some 186 miles (300 kilometers) off the coast of Japan, revealing the extent of the release and the direction pollutants might take in a future environmental disaster.
In some places, the researchers from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) discovered cesium radiation hundreds to thousands of times higher than would be expected naturall

www.forbes.com...

Last April, about a month after the Fukushima nuclear accident, concentrations of cesium-137 in the ocean near the plant peaked at 50 million times above normal levels, according to a study by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Society.

Yeah ok ok ok, so I dont have any 'government' papers saying 'the oceans are toxic'... your right, if thats the proof you want, im sorry I dont have it. .. if it even existed you really think the government would let it out ?

edit on 4-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Epic

" Washington, DC July 30, 2005 The National Academies of Science released an over 700-page report yesterday on the risks from ionizing radiation. The BEIR VII or seventh Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation report on "Health Risks from Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation" reconfirmed the previous knowledge that there is no safe level of exposure to radiation—that even very low doses can cause cancer. Risks from low dose radiation are equal or greater than previously thought. The committee reviewed some additional ways that radiation causes damage to cells.

Among the reports conclusions are:

There is no safe level or threshold of ionizing radiation exposure.

Even exposure to background radiation causes some cancers. Additional exposures cause additional risks."

LINK

Epic.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Health Canada confirms that last March, after the Fukushima nuclear accident, a Calgary monitoring station detected an average of 8.18 becquerels per litre of radioactive iodine, stemming from Japan. Canadian guidelines limit exposure to six becquerels of iodine per litre of drinking water, and much lower radiation spikes in the U.S. resulted in a “don’t drink the rainwater” order.

LINK

and much lower radiation spikes in the U.S. resulted in a “don’t drink the rainwater” order

Sounds like it affected a little further than you suggest...I was there, out in the rain.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
i just wanted to take the opportunity to personally thank our elected officials for warning all the people who have died in America because they didn't feel the need to warn us about the fallout, BEFORE IT ARRIVED.

www.washingtonsblog.com... tudy-fukushima-radiation-has-already-killed-14000-americans.html

Study: Fukushima Radiation Has Already Killed 14,000 Americans

A new study published in the peer-reviewed journal International Journal of Health Services alleges that 14,000 people have already died in the United States due to Fukushima. Specifically, the authors of the study claim: An estimated 14,000 excess deaths in the United States are linked to the radioactive fallout from the disaster at the Fukushima nuclear reactors in Japan, according to a major new article in the December 2011 edition of the International Journal of Health Services. This is the first peer-reviewed study published in a medical journal documenting the health hazards of Fukushima. [The authors] note that their estimate of 14,000 excess U.S. deaths in the 14 weeks after the Fukushima meltdowns is comparable to the 16,500 excess deaths in the 17 weeks after the Chernobyl meltdown in 1986. The rise in reported deaths after Fukushima was largest among U.S. infants under age one. The 2010-2011 increase for infant deaths in the spring was 1.8 percent, compared to a decrease of 8.37 percent in the preceding 14 weeks.

it's very big of them to let us know they finally figured it out. this was from December 2011, i can only imagine how many people have died as a result of fallout since then, which will be raining down on us for another 30 years btw.

i am so disgusted with how evil, disconnected, corrupt and non caring these 535 phucktards have become, that it makes me want to throw up.

i'm also sad that anyone would be foolish enough to think increasing radiation levels is good for us. how far from reality would one have to be, to believe such nonsense.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by unityemissions
Who the heck cares?

The levels are so freaking low that if anything, they'll help us out to further adapt to potential radiation surges in the future.

Please tell me you are joking

How does a human adapt to radiation?

It's not the same thing as gaining immunity to spider venom for example...

Uh, we do and have during our entire existence. There's radiation EVERYWHERE and we adapt to it. Granted we are not able to quickly adapt but adapt we do. It's an important part of our growth. It changes our DNA and makes us stronger.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join