It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker Put On Leave for Letting Husband View Lanza's Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Story

So 20 kids were killed in one of the most horrific events in US history and this woman and her husband want to sneak a peak at the shooter's body.

Is there something pre-programmed in humans to make people obsessed with murder? Does it give an evolutionary advantage?

Or are these people sick and twisted?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Human nature I suppose (even though this is a sick thing to want to see).
It is like when an accident happens on a motorway and everyone slows down to take a look.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Is there something pre-programmed in humans to make people obsessed with murder? Does it give an evolutionary advantage?

As one who works with the people and their media wants I will say for a huge number of folks yes they are.

Kids, teens, adults and seniors all seem to flock to stories of real crime, violence and pain.

The elderly are especially bizarre. They load up on murder media one day then come in the next to load up on Jesus media.

So many people do this that I dont know if it's odd to be into death and pain or to not be into death and pain.

Just look at the popularity of those Dateline: Murder in Your Town type shows and the success of all those "Man with a van will kill your baby" made-for-TV movies.

For whatever reason a lot of people are drawn to misery.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Story

So 20 kids were killed in one of the most horrific events in US history and this woman and her husband want to sneak a peak at the shooter's body.

Or are these people sick and twisted?

i would want to see the body just to make sure that f------- was dead

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm thinking being drawn to death must be an evolutionary advantage. It's probably why all cultures have funerals in some form or another.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm thinking being drawn to death must be an evolutionary advantage. It's probably why all cultures have funerals in some form or another.

Could be.

Funerals serve purposes. They teach sanitary disposal of the dead. They create an atmosphere of community to support the grieving.

There is some work that says the Western sterilization of death and funeral practices is harming our ability to cope with death while encouraging us to ignore our own mortality.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Allot of the comments on the article relate to why did the husband want to see the body?
Is he morbid or some kind of freak?

What if he wanted to make sure there really was a body and that the body was actually the person they say it is?

We are constantly lied to and everyone is always pushing an agenda... I think he just wanted to see for himself that the body was who they said it was and not bait and switch... I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Am I the only one who realizes that this means EVIDENCE has been tamperd with?
What else are folks just "showing" their "friends" in private?
Cmon ATS...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can understand the curiosity the husband had, but I wouldn't risk my wife's job in the process. There is a large majority of people that have this same fascination/curiosity, it's the reason why extremely graphic and bloody movies do well and are continually made.

I remember years ago when that video of the American in the middle east getting beheaded surfaced, everyone in my office was viewing it. Out of every 10 people I'd say about 3 or so refused to look at it. It's human nature for many to be curious regardless of how disturbing it may be.

So yes it was poor judgment, but it's not at all surprising or shocking.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He has a good story to tell, which is maybe why he did it in the first place. If I had access and an invite I might have done the same thing. A woman I knew once, a nurse, said her "claim to fame" is that she was one of the people to help at an autopsy of a major serial killer (I'll keep the killer's name out of it in case her bragging would hurt her at work, but you'd recognize it).

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How could people not be curious about death? It's in all of our futures. When a woman gives birth a crowd forms around her too, when she dies, the same will happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Gotta wonder which conspiracy site holds her husband's membership

Maybe he's a serious "debunker".
Still... no excuse considering the wife's occupation.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The wild guess..maybe her husband is an ATS member,and was doing research on autenticity??....goshhh!! ...what could be the reason??....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Am I the only one who realizes that this means EVIDENCE has been tamperd with?
What else are folks just "showing" their "friends" in private?
Cmon ATS...

Yes, it's fascinating that members of the ATS community will fabricate the most wildly foolish theories re SH and totally ignore this story.

This is perhaps the only story I read that provides documented proof that something substantial was handled improperly. Of course it's much more fun to come up with batsh!t crazy theories hoping to get S+F's.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I want the husbands name, so we can see what he's involved with.

The wife (the one being stood down)

Henry worked as a legislative program manager at the state's budget office beginning under previous Republican governors. She said in her lawsuit that she was wrongly terminated from that job in 2011, after Malloy, a Democrat, had become governor. She said in the suit that she was told her division was being restructured. The suit claimed she was terminated for exercising her free speech rights and being a Republican.

Is involved already in some nasty lawyerish stuff.

But yes, it seems this could be a pre-planned event to have that wild card '' evidence tampered with '' should something come amiss.

Id want to see the body too, just so I know that indeed the bullet holes are in the right place and its who they say it is.

I'm sure this happens pretty bloody often too!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

I agree. It was either that she knew that something was off and showed her husband to have a "witness".
Or it could be that it was being used against her to have her unrelated case dismissed a political frame-up.
Considering she would know what cameras and security measures were in place it would either be an outright lie.
Or so serious to her what she found out that she took a chance.

No way I believe he would be shown this for "morbid fascination".

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

Uh, another fairy tale! I have a better one:

Story

On Thursday, Lanza was involved with an “altercation” with four school staffers, according to NBC.
Only one of those staffers — a teacher shot in the foot — survived yesterday's carnage.
Vance described that teacher as “instrumental” to the investigation.

Further reading: Google "Appellate Court Rules Media Can Legally Lie"
edit on 4-1-2013 by Marlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Anybody know if the husband has gone on record anywhere saying what he saw? No, I'm not looking for sick, morbid details. I'm only curious whether the body was consistent with what we have been told.

top topics

join