It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Extraterrestrials really be nudists?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
For the grays I'd imagine they are all clones and/or sexless and genitacally engineered so there would be no need for clothes. Reptilians/Reptoids are reported to have internal genitalia that only comes out during sex so they would have little need for clothing. Mantids, the same way, although we don't really know enough about them. Any other species encountered is usually wearing some type of adornment.

Of course there are exceptions to all of these which leads me to believe that there are many sub-species/off-shoots of the various races. Just like us, there's physical, cultural and societal differences.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
If you never seen an extraterrestrial, go to a nudist colony. They're lying all over the place.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The primary reason humans wear cloths is one of religious / legal observance.

Yes, we all wear clothes when we are working in the garden or workshop, when it is cold or when sunburn is an issue! But, there are times like shopping at the mall where there is no reason to wear clothes except as a protection to avoid being arrested.

There are actually countries where Nudism is not an offense. Yes, some people prefer to not wear clothes.

There is now a link within our minds that equates nudity with sexuality. This link should not be there. That is why many cultures go to pieces if you forget your pants.

I am fairly certain that ET would not have the same psych problems.

P

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Maybe the fact that we are all usually dressed is the reason we are still in the dark on aliens existence? they are waiting 'till we shed our clothes to show our acceptance of the galactic rejection of the fashion industry and as such the state of readiness to join the galactic federation of sentient beings...

2013 will be cold, I'm going naked all year to see if they make contact with me.
edit on 4-1-2013 by moonrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I love that film footage of the alien, even though it's special effects from what I've read.

The reports I've read and listened to concerning ETs is that many times it is not known for sure whether or not they are wearing a skin-tight outfit, or whether they are nude without having any discernible genitalia. Maybe they are sex-less beings?

which gives the idea of genetic harvesting a food for thought

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Must admit this topic has me puzzled too. All advanced species must adopt clothing for many reasons : keeping warm where it's cold, keeping cool where its warm (as in arab clothing), keeping dry when its raining and the biggie - protection. It is exceedingly unlikely that any advanced species has not gone through the process of living in "non perfect for nudity" conditions, in fact that's pretty much impossible unless you live as a hunter gatherer and even then only in some very few areas. In addition it is highly unlikely that a species is totally pacifist and therefore there must have been a protective clothing phases.

So this means that as a species advances it must have used clothing for a variety of reasons. Why then would it cast them all away? Look at our clothes they are no longer just functional but decorative. So naked aliens have decided they no longer need clothes to keep the body at a given temperature (assuming every single member of their species feels the hot/cold the same way.......no women !
....sorry ladies but you know it's true). They no longer need clothes for protection because all their technology is super safe and they only ever visit planets with perfect temperatures and conditions ( like Earth ? Hmmm flaw appearing here). Finally their fashion changes and naked becomes the new black....forever.

Sorry fail, illogical but not impossible so I would be massively doubtful about naked aliens.

PS CGI is a damn sight easier without clothing and clothing invariably enforces a subconscious fashion choice which would be a giveaway......hmmm
edit on 4/1/2013 by yorkshirelad because: PS

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

They say there are several types of Greys, some of which are not living beings but automations. Automations do not need clothes.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie

Also bearing in mind most close encounters or sightings they are naked so i really have no idea.

That's only because they are all up and ready to give some probing time

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I was thinking that the Kelley-Hopkinsville incident should be noted as one event which appear to have had naked aliens involved. Though I guess they could have been wearing something silvery.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I was thinking that the Kelley-Hopkinsville incident should be noted as one event which appear to have had naked aliens involved. Though I guess they could have been wearing something silvery.

Are there graphic images available other than artists' sketches? Source: wikipedia

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
Must admit this topic has me puzzled too. All advanced species must adopt clothing for many reasons : keeping warm where it's cold, keeping cool where its warm (as in arab clothing), keeping dry when its raining and the biggie - protection...

PS CGI is a damn sight easier without clothing and clothing invariably enforces a subconscious fashion choice which would be a giveaway......hmmm

Indeed. Protection.

Also, a lot of technology can be embedded in pliable textiles. Nudity seems almost a giveaway of a hoax unless we buy into the exoskeleton monster concoction — or something like a robot ("automaton").
edit on 5-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
as far as i am aware, the greys are the only reported species to be naked

perhaps they have no sensations towards hot or cold like we do, they have no ass or penis either so there nothing to cover up

Some say they operate in a similar way that plants do, so maybe they need to keep their body's exposed to sunlight to keep healthy,

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No. The family didn't take pictures of them. I think the artists rendition in the picture you posted made them look a bit too cartoonish. But it's a very interesting case, as you probably already know.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Nudity seems almost a giveaway of a hoax unless we buy into the exoskeleton monster concoction — or something like a robot ("automaton").
edit on 5-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

Nudity is a giveaway of a hoax? I don't think I buy that. We are speaking about Beings that we know very little about, so our world view must be suspended in a way. As an analogy, nothing is more laughable as a Christian saying that the Mormon beliefs are crazy

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Perhaps the outta skin is not it's natural skin but a protection coat to defend against radiation?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If I seen a hot alien babe in my room at night, it will be no questions asked (kidding).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The reports are actually 'very' varied.

Roswell - tight fitted uniforms of a material unknown to us.

Betty and Barney Hill - military uniforms.

Many abductions have them wearing a tight fitted outfit with an emblem of a flying snake. Many aliens are seen naked in the praires at night. It is reported their body temperature is greater than ours so we can assume they wouldn't feel cold in regular climates. The aliens in control are seen in hoods and capes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That title just makes me laugh, I dont know why. But in all seriousness I think that clothing in our world is meant to keep us warm. We have no fur and insufficient body heat to be out in the open and nude, especially now in the winter.

Maybe if the aliens really are nudists on their planets they can withstand any temperature they feel.

I saw the video and I think that extraterrestrial was a bit confused or surprised to see that it was wearing something. Again, maybe its a strange concept to them

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I believe these greys have to be genetically engineered, most probably from the DNA of some terrestrial homonid like humans.

They are created without sexual organs so they can't reproduce just like Monsanto sell seeds for GM crops which are engineered to resist pests and disease but produce no seeds themselves.

Maybe they are designed to cope with the rigors of space travel more effectively than humans, or constitute some kind of living crash-test dummy, or an easily trained worker race.

In any event, I think the reason they don't seem to have any personality, including any taste for clothing fashion, is because they are animals and not people.

Assuming these grey alien creatures exist of course. They could just be propaganda images or holograms designed to scare and confuse people..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

I would imagine the clothing significantly advanced race would be indistinguishable from nudity. Say nano clothing that's thinner than a human hair, like second skin that fits perfectly and protects you everywhere.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join