It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Extraterrestrials really be nudists?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Time now for a very serious discussion on the attire of our extraterrestrial visitors. Do they wear clothing? Is it needed? Or is nudism the supreme natural order in the universe?

There are reports that one "race" from a binary star system, from a planet that's much hotter than Earth, needs special protection on Earth. We would expect them to wear at least something thermally protective, if not spectrally and radioactively shielding, etc.

But by universal logic/reasoning, and considering science (universal anthropology) and whatever associated technology, is clothing really nothing more than a human aspect?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
We wear clothing to keep warm, and to keep hidden. Maybe aliens don't have the same feelings toward nudity. Clothing isn't even universal in our species.

In some cultures they even mate in public without a second thought

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I would say it would depend on what sort of planet they are from and what there skin and genetic make up is like, Like for example i think that if a alien came from say a planet such as mercury to earth for example i would say they would need clothing to protect from out much colder planet temperature.

But that is just my opinion.

Also bearing in mind most close encounters or sightings they are naked so i really have no idea.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Dunno.

Some sort of shielding is usually necessary if the environment is different than where the ETs would have developed, but yeah, if they find a sweet spot, and the conditions are just right (not too much sun, but not too much cold, wind ok, no risk of bacterial infection, etc) then I guess yeah, they might think about going around naked.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Greys are often described as naked without much detail in the body. Big reflective eyes. Maybe it's some kind of biomechanical suit they wear to protect them from our environment

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Maybe their advancement has enabled them to create clear nano suits, resistant to the elements. Or, perhaps they are so advanced they have total control over their emotions and instincts that they are neither embarrassed or lustful over a nude body, thus it has become a non-issue?
If the vid is real, I think they clothed the alien for appropriateness(?) or, it was really cold?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I love that film footage of the alien, even though it's special effects from what I've read.

The reports I've read and listened to concerning ETs is that many times it is not known for sure whether or not they are wearing a skin-tight outfit, or whether they are nude without having any discernible genitalia. Maybe they are sex-less beings?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The human ones do. Greys are BOTS.

edit to add: The human ones, have sensitivities and follow proper protocol, ie. Female techicians especially and usually on female (don't really know whether to use the word patient, not sure its all agreed upon before hand). While the male technician guards. They wear uniforms.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
without having any discernible genitalia. Maybe they are sex-less beings?

Does that mean they are all artificially created in labs ? or artificially inseminated by some means we do not understand ?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Yeah, I guess. Maybe something like artificial wombs?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting topic idea. I would imagine an advanced species would probably lose the need for clothing once they have mastered their reality. It does seem the majority of reported cases all have the same nude aliens.

Makes me wonder if advanced species have 'trends' in their culture, maybe nudity is just a current trend lol.

From a day to day basis, nudity can be an issue I would imagine with cuts, burns, ect. So clothing is more of a necessity rather than trend.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Maybe they don't have obvious to us genitalia. Maybe it's on a foot lol.
We can't presume they would be physiologically similar to us. After reading the naked ape I'm shocked they're bipeds.

Maybe they're like fungi and they spore.
Maybe they reproduce via eggs

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Maybe it's not artificial? Perhaps there's a mother-being who gives birth to these sexless beings? The imagination can go many places without enough evidence.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Yes! That rings in my mind, like hive bugs, bees and ants

It would explain the lack of reproductive organs, and the machine like behavior that causes some to think of robots

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How do we know it isn't some type of bio suit, like the aliens in Independence day?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Or perhaps from eggs like the film alien. could be anything.

But True, without any evidence we could go on forever.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think you're jumping the gun, so to speak, wouldn't you first have to BELIEVE in extraterrestrial visitors? Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm beginning to feel strongly about the hive mind concept. I've read many supposed eye witness reports saying the greys communicated telepathically.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I think this thread is hypothetical.

Assuming these things exist from people's claims

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Maybe their advancement has enabled them to create clear nano suits, resistant to the elements. Or, perhaps they are so advanced they have total control over their emotions and instincts that they are neither embarrassed or lustful over a nude body, thus it has become a non-issue?
If the vid is real, I think they clothed the alien for appropriateness(?) or, it was really cold?

The nano-particle suit makes a lot of sense. I think resistance to the elements is a given, as they're obviously not evolved on Earth. I also thinking there are other shielding concerns, like against some form of energy. The eyewear has been mentioned by others to be a sort of hi-tech glasses/ contact lens.

There's another video circling somewhere that shows a few of them walking around. It's slightly more revealing. Hopefully not deleted by the unknown forces. That's actually the one that I wanted to show.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join