It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identify this ufo video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone

I am not posting this because I believe this video is legit or shows a real ufo. I am only trying to identify the clip so I can research it further. I believe I saw this on ATS a while back, however for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the video !

Here is the video clip ...

This is what I posted underneath the video ...

Published on Jan 3, 2013

Can anyone identify this clip ?
Read more ....

I'm looking for the original version so I can identify the ufo clip.

Video link - www.youtube.com...

What is written on the video ...

"Klippet ar en bevisad bluff Inga Flygplatser har noterat frammande objekt photografen kan ej forklara de inkorrekta skuggorna och avsaknandet av Ijud Han ar dessutom det enda vittnet "

Google translate:

"The clip is a proven scam No Airports have noted foreign objects photo graph can not explain the irregular shadows and avsaknandet of audio He is also the only witness"

I'm not saying the video is real but does "No Airports reporting it" and only one witness "prove" it's a scam ?

So the question is, ... Does anyone know the name of this video ?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

it looked like a balloon at first until it zoomed off ,don't know the name of the video though sorry

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

In the comments section below the video you provide there is a translation and a link to another YouTube...

Its... not english.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes I already knew that because ...

I'm the one that did the translation and posted it along with the link

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Fine. In the longer video there are other untranslated bits that refer to orgnizati0ons in Sweden with reference to SMHI, Meterological and UFO archives in credits including NASA archives.

Anyway, you want to find the name of this video, it might be somewhere in there.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or here...

www.afu.info...
www.ufo.se...

Both are in the credits in the YouTube in my post above.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thank You my friend for the reply & for posting the links.

I did previously browse those websites looking for info about this video but never found anything relevant.

Maybe I missed it ? idunno

So I thought about writing to them and asking for information but since I saw this video on ATS, I decided to try here first.

Anyone know anything about this video ? Please let me know so we all know too

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

No problem. That bit of video you "captured" came from the YouTube I embedded, right? In the credits at the end there are links to websites.

On their site they have a Q and A Forum. They might be able to answer your question.

www.ufo.se...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
So the question is, ... Does anyone know the name of this video ?

Since that clip is taken from a video which heavily features Clas Svahn of the AFU in Sweden, I'm fairly sure Clas will be able to provide a few relevant details (which would help find any previous discussion relevant on ATS or elsewhere). I'll ask Clas about this and report back here. I regularly bother Clas and he is usually pretty prompt responding.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks IsaacKoi,

I'm happy to hear you've been in contact with Clas, ... that should definitely help.

Please do report back when possible.

In the meantime, if anyone else has any info about the video ... to share,

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be interested in what you have to say.

Cheers

edit on 3-1-2013 by easynow because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Bumping this thread one last time ...

Just to see if anyone else has any relevant info or recognizes the video.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Since that clip is taken from a video which heavily features Clas Svahn of the AFU in Sweden, I'm fairly sure Clas will be able to provide a few relevant details (which would help find any previous discussion relevant on ATS or elsewhere). I'll ask Clas about this and report back here.

Hi easynow,

I've heard back from Clas Svahn and Shahriyar Latifzadeh. The latter helpfully provided the original link for the video, below (on Youtube with the title "UFO Sighting | Townsend TN, USA | July 8, 2012")

edit on 8-1-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Excellent ! Great work ... Thank You

At least now the video has been identified and if someone in the future posts the clip, We'll already know what it is and where it can be found. Interestingly I did an ATS search for "UFO Townsend TN" (and other variations of the title) and it seems I'm having some difficulty finding any previous & relevant discussions. idunno but I'm guessing the video is probably posted & buried in some thread about: UFOs in Sweden ... or the UFO-Sweden documentary preview.

FYI note: I did find these copies ...

UFO Sighting Townsend TN, USA July 8, 2012
www.youtube.com...

UFOinvestigations REPORT (July 2012): Townsend Disc
www.youtube.com...

Thanks again, your help is always much appreciated

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Great share very interesting video i seem to noticed not even the debunk army on this forum has responded yet no one is claiming CGI , weather balloon , lensflare , flying donut ? I would like to know what people think of this video and if they already did sorry but i can't find the topic.

S&F

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Bumpity. No opinion yet, though it is interesting for a few different reasons.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
Great share very interesting video i seem to noticed not even the debunk army on this forum has responded yet no one is claiming CGI , weather balloon , lensflare , flying donut ? I would like to know what people think of this video and if they already did sorry but i can't find the topic.

S&F

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm bothered by the motion. If you take another look at it, you will notice all the motions it makes would indicate it's suspended from above. As you view it imagine a line (string, rope) attached to it on the top and it's hanging from the end of something out of view. All of the motions are consistent with that. In particular watch how it moves as it changes direction where it seems to swing like a pendulum.

It's also true that often when objects are animated in 3D software they have a similar motion if the person creating it is lazy or unskilled. I spend a lot of time in 3D software the last few years and there are multiple free models floating around the Internet that are the same shape.

What that motion is not, is indicative of something under intelligent control from within. The way it banks and seems to have a pivot point above it out of the frame is very suspicious in my opinion.

The quality is so bad, which may be on purpose, it's actually impossible to have a meaningful opinion beyond the strange motion and what that might mean. Perhaps people who are kind enough to help debunk the fakes are sick of these or simply don't have anything to say due to the horrible quality and lack of details.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I say its fake, just because they labelled the video 1080p and it is no where near HD.
So it makes you question there motives.

"hey look I got some HD UFO footage... HAHA not really, psych"

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It looks like a Hollywood director's concept of a flying saucer but doesn't exhibit the jerky movements and quick tilting associated with mastery of inertia. It's like a 1950s depiction of a modern cell phone but with a rotary dial or of bulky CRT monitors in so many sci-fi films set in our future.

Flying saucers have often been reported to maintain distance from the ground accurately, moving up and down to match slight slopes of the ground, whereas airplanes, helicopters, and balloons only adjust for larger variations in the landscape to avoid collision. Flying saucers are said to make abrupt changes in altitude that human pilots would consider unnecessary, whereas it seems to be automatic in the case of flying saucers, apparently happening without spilling anyone's coffee.

In Star Trek terms, what is seen in the video is like flying a shuttlecraft with the inertial dampers turned off, making gentle movements so as not to cause discomfort to the occupants. But presumably a flying saucer doesn't have a separate system to counteract g-force effects on the occupants. It's more likely to be a consequence of the gravitic propulsion system. Right-angle turns at Mach 5 have been observed, according to some witnesses, believe it or scoff. But if they can do that, then the notion of making gentle movements like those seen in the video may not even cross the minds of flying-saucer pilots, even though it's the norm for human pilots. They might do it only for laughs.

Other than that, it looks real enough but is insufficient as proof without radar and or multiple-witness confirmation. I certainly wouldn't want to present it as evidence. To argue the pro-saucer case, I'd rather stick with the strongest evidence we have.

But I am working on a camera-control system to get video like this, zoomed and 3D, if a real flying saucer shows up and hovers for even two seconds, to be set up only in traditional UFO hotspots and at very little cost, and to be followed up by FOIA requests for weather and FAA radar data. It's far from ready but in progress.

top topics

join