It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia builds up for war.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Exactly, so I fail to see how they're so advanced, according to all the OPs threads, when they're just either buying other countries equipment, or building really neat looking equipment, that doesn't work well.

Speaking of buying French, they confirmed the order for 2-4 Mistral class, to operate Ka-29s, Ka-27s, and Ka-52s. They'll be jointly built in Russia.

Even their UAVs come from Israel, so they still have a long long way to go to catch up.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Russia doesnt fear ouside attacks as much as terror attacks from the muslim populations of theri various republics.
When it comes to down and dirty armament they have oceans of tanks and BMPs arty , troops etc....
Like Ww2 where they had a radio in every fifth tank, i am sure their armour and such is behind somewhat...but they still have lots of them....and by now they all have a radio.....
What area is russia weak in in regard to protecting their "homeland"?
The russian steppes and winters make up for. it.......
Their gear may be a bit crude, but it is rugged as hell

edit on 4-1-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The rumor is that the EU (Nato sans USA) is wanting to merge with Russia. IF so, that would make them very formidable.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
The rumor is that the EU (Nato sans USA) is wanting to merge with Russia. IF so, that would make them very formidable.

I have said for sometime we will see Russia in NATO. Russia with just the EU does nothing for Russian or EU security. The US is the key. If this latest round of military reforms fail, and so far it looks likely they weill Russia will be falling to far behind the West and China to stay a loner. The only problem is in NATO everyone has an equal vote so Luxembourg and the US have the same amount input on a vote. Russia has said it would want some sort of special status if were to join and NATO will not go for that. Of course this was years ago and Russias strategic situation continues to get worse I suppose they can move beyond that.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You, my friend, are SERIOUSLY misinformed!!! Russia is not "RICH" by any strecth of the imagination and they do not even match the US in economy or military MUCH LESS the entire NATO organization. You sound like a kid?

Originally posted by Alternative4u
One thing is for sure, America wont be able with all NATO nations match the Russian war build-up, one reason NATO cannot match it is because NATO is bankrupt, Russia are rich, it looks bad soon for NATO.

www.worldwar3news.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Dude, are you still doing this? Every thread you start is full of the same "Mother Russia will crush tiny NATO capitalist dogs" BS, yet it never happens. I would accuse you of being a Russian propaganda agent, but that would imply that your sorry attempts to make Russia appear way more powerful than it is are actually convincing people. You never have any evidence to back up your claims. Your country is a poor third world country whose only power comes from its nuclear arsenal. You are not richer than the US, you are not Richer than Europe, China, or Japan. You make some good weapons, but the fact of the matter is that in ANY war between Russia and NATO, Russia will lose and lose bad, unless you try to use your nukes, in which case nobody wins.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join