It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia builds up for war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, America wont be able with all NATO nations match the Russian war build-up, one reason NATO cannot match it is because NATO is bankrupt, Russia are rich, it looks bad soon for NATO.

www.worldwar3news.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
America doesn't have to play catch up, Russia is still trying to catch the US and modernizing their military. The Russian military still can't match the US military in terms of technology, or training. They're getting better, but they have a ways to go still.

By the way I'm still waiting for proof that NATO and US subs run aground within hours of going to sea because they can't "see" underwater when Russian subs can. I notice you dropped that thread to start this one.
edit on 1/3/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Russia cannot, by itself, take on the United States and win in anything but a general global nuclear war ... OR .. if we actually got STUPID enough to mix it up with them over there, on their own turf. They just don't have the base, ability or power ....by themselves anyway.

Then again, no single nation had the power to stomp Germany in the 1940's either. It took several of the world's most powerful working together and giving it everything they had to give ...and it still could have been lost at some key points going differently.

I am far more concerned that the CIA is living up to it's historic track record of being a day late and a dollar short for accurate intelligence of building threats.....and in this movie, we're playing Germany to multiple nations very quietly setting up for a stomping. I pray to God I'm wrong too, given I LIVE here.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Another Russia is great thread from you.....
I hope others are starting to see these patterns and putting the pieces together.

Why not just post one really good thread with all this info instead of starting a new one every other day?

To be honest I think this is planned propaganda. Maybe even paid for.

edit on 3-1-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I was under the impression that Russia was kind of bankrupt too.

Didn't the arms build-up of the cold war contribute to the Sovjet Union's financial problems, and eventual down-fall?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

I was under the impression that Russia was kind of bankrupt too.

Didn't the arms build-up of the cold war contribute to the Sovjet Union's financial problems, and eventual down-fall?

I wish Russia were in dire financial straits. Naww.. that was in 1989 and they collapsed from it. It's taken them over 20 years to get back this far ....but I'll give them this. They learned. They didn't go right back down the same path to the same spot. In fact, I'd say in comparison with the world? They learned a whole lot better than anyone else.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
And you are moving to Russia soon then?
Conscripted armies die quickly on the battle field. We are whipping out tech soon that will render massed navy formations obsolete. By 2016 either we will be self destroyed or we will be getting back up shortly.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think we can agree on the fact that the US and NATO is far ahead in technology and military strategy. If any country decides to attack Russia then remember that Chechnya will also decide to attack Russia, It's a good chance for them to destroy some part of Russia. Though I doubt If Russia and China groups up to attack the US and NATO that they will ever see the face of earth again. Just think about it, China is able to mass produce any kind of Military Weapon that's available to them, Then imagine 800 million Men/Women with Kalashnikovs running around China to defend their country. I can't simply imagine this, And I thought Russia had the biggest Nuke, Does any US weapon even get near the size of the Tszhaar?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Mmm... I would've liked to have seen more sources on this page.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Why can't we be friends?
edit on 3-1-2013 by TitorelliP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Who cares, Russia will split and fracture in 10-15 years over its rising Muslim population.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if the USA and Russia would invest the trillions and trillions they spend on war and death, and put It towards their people, their country, their future...

Instead, the leaders of all the land masses on earth choose to fight each other... and waste money, like they think the land was given to them.

I wish i could find a planet without greed, anger, and control.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I LOVE THIS
everyday on here you've got americans slagging off their government,
yet someone questions their power,whether directly or not,and e-one
jumps up and down banging their chests

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AguyAndAgirl
Wouldn't it be nice if the USA and Russia would invest the trillions and trillions they spend on war and death, and put It towards their people, their country, their future...

Instead, the leaders of all the land masses on earth choose to fight each other... and waste money, like they think the land was given to them.

I wish i could find a planet without greed, anger, and control.

if you ever do

gimme a call

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Recently, my adopted country signed a deal (without my consent I'll add
) to establish a military base here. This adds to US power in the Balkans and continues the NATO encirclement of Russia. My fear is that if you poke a bear enough it will bite.
US military presence

So from my perspective its the US that are building for war.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Severin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Political boys with toys and lots of hoy's.

Russia and US/UK etc are not enemies!!

If we were all in the # then bed fellows would be the order of the day. Rest assured!!

Last time there was a mutual threat to all. "hitler" what happened?

I would trust Russia!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Hello there, no I am certainly not paid, but unlike many I can see and hear what we are all heading into, I unlike yourself am not wearing blinkers.
If more got there heads out the sand we may avoid WW3 happening, but if we pretend things are nice, quite, rosy we will be in 1939 again from the same blind silly people.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Let start off with the state of the Russian military. It is a mess. They started some reforms to try and get things in shape last year but it seems the coruption has been causing problems getting things done. Also the military-industrial base needed to produce high tech modern weapons almost no longer exsits. They are trying though and have increased spending so they no longer lag behind the UK or France. They still lag behind China and we all know all of them combined lag behind the US. Russia seems to be counting on its strategic nuclear forces as a deterant to the west and seems to be focusing its convetional forces to deal with problems in the south. In particular with NATO leaving Afganistan they know that means trouble on its southern borders. While Russia can not confront the west outside of its own borders it can still count on its nukes to keep it safe while it gears its conventional forces to deal with border wars in the south.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Have you heard about the Su-34 fiasco? So much for "the most powerful military" and "spending trillions". They have 16 Su-34s, and every one of them has problems, including 2 that aren't even flyable. They apparently built the computer boards and parts by hand, and they're not even standardized.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Have you heard about the Su-34 fiasco? So much for "the most powerful military" and "spending trillions". They have 16 Su-34s, and every one of them has problems, including 2 that aren't even flyable. They apparently built the computer boards and parts by hand, and they're not even standardized.

After the cold war they had a brain drain and all the old factorys closed down. Lack of skilled workers is big issue. They are spending some money now to order new stuff but nobody in Russia can meet the orders. They have buying some stuff from the French and Israelis but, if they do that wholesale it would be an embaressment so I can not see that happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join