It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical marvels being accomplished with 3-D printing technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I started a thread on the science and technology forum about 3-D printers. One of the replies mentioned that in 100 years we could be "printing" life. The following YouTube videos I posted in response to his comment are below. I think you will agree that they are so wondrous that they deserve a thread of their own in the medical forum. Look at these four and as a bonus I provided a link below them to a YouTube page listing several more.

See more videos on the subject HERE

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The real medical marvel would be if somehow someway somebody could get people to eat food and exercise. Just imagine how many medical devices and drugs could be eliminated if people had a more traditional and hands on approach to caring for their body. But I'm from a community where people took better care of their cars and gardens than their own body (the most important possession you will ever have, btw)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
why didn't you just add this to your thread about this from yesterday?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
why didn't you just add this to your thread about this from yesterday?

How about you add a link to the thread you are referring to so I know which one you are talking about?????

If you are referring to the 3-D printing thread in the science and technology forum, that is where this information on medical uses of 3-D printing was first posted in a reply to another member. If that is what you are referring to then go back to the OP of this thread and read it again. I started this thread in the medical forum to highlight the medical uses of 3-D printing instead of letting it get buried in the middle of a fast growing thread on the general uses of 3-D printing.

Not everybody follows every forum so that is why I felt it appropriate to put the medical uses of the technology in the medical forum so it would get read by members who may not follow the science and technology thread.

In other words, this is not a repeat of the original thread but rather an important offshoot of it that deserves to be in it's own thread in a different forum in spite of your opinion.
edit on 3-1-2013 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I thought most people went to look at the new or top topics . But whatever. it's old news anyway .

makes me laugh we dont use this technology more often .. fear of job loss ?
edit on 3/1/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I thought most people went to look at the new or top topics . But whatever. it's old news anyway .

makes me laugh we dont use this technology more often .. fear of job loss ?
edit on 3/1/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

ATS members use many ways to find what they want to read. I subscribe to the daily newsletter and I keep a page open that shows the top topics in just the forums I am interested in. But even on the "top topic" page someone may not be interested in the science of 3-D printing but may well enjoy reading about the medical applications of that same science.

new topics

top topics

join