It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hairy eyeball caused by rare tumor!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A 19 yea old man has started growing hair on his eye balls as a direct effect from a rare tumor called a limbal dermoid.
Apparently this was benign and had been apart of his life since birth

It gradually grew in size until it was about 5 mm in diameter (a little less than a quarter of an inch), and sprouted several black hairs, said the researchers from Tabriz University of Medical Sciences in Iran.

Article

These tumors are usually found in other parts of the body - Limbal Dermoids contain hair follicles but can also contain cartilage and sweat glands. This can cause blurred vision but it seems that the tumor doesn't cause severe vision problems because it doesn't cover the center of the cornea.

I would post a picture, but some people are squeemish with eyeballs.
Enjoy

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Next time I have 'something in my eye' I am SO GOING TO FREAK!

Great post, lol, I mean that... I think...

peace

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Someone told me that some kind of microbes are released in the water of Iran and other middle eastern countries to kill people in that area. He also told me that the Illuminati is behind this. So expect more 'new diseases' in that area.

Anyways a horrible news. May God bless him.
edit on 3-1-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
awwww, thats so gross.

I hate anything that has to do with eyes. I cant stand movies that have someones eye stabed or removed. awhawahwahaaa

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I can't even put contacts in, let alone think of hair growing in there.
It's just not right

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Dude there´s an eye growing around your hairy tumor.

The tumor itself is more shocking then the two hairs coming out of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
Someone told me that some kind of microbes are released in the water of Iran and other middle eastern countries to kill people in that area. He also told me that the Illuminati is behind this. So expect more 'new diseases' in that area.

Someone once told me that the world would end on 21st December... Do your own research instead of relying on someone elses.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Can you imagine how irritating that must be! Whenever I get a hair in my eye it drives me insane! Imagine never being able to remove the hair.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
It's just not right

Amen. You are not supposed to put things on your eye. Ever. For any reason.
Seeing people taking out their contacts, put it in their mouths to rewet it, then right back onto their eyes....well, that image is more horrible to me than anything surgical.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Firstly that was not for you.
Secondly i will chose what i want to believe.
Thirdly we cannot research on each and everything. If you can please tell me what happens after death?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
reply to post by Severin

Firstly that was not for you.

Then it does not belong on a public forum

Secondly i will chose what i want to believe.

Your prerogative Sir, but the anthem of ATS is Deny Ignorance, unless you can back it up it means nothing.

Thirdly we cannot research on each and everything.

Quite true, but do you take what someone says as blind faith? Thats very trusting of you.

If you can please tell me what happens after death?

I would not be so conjectural, can you tell me?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

I shouldn't have looked at the photo. I have a weird eye phobia, Things in eyes freak me out. I dislike going to the optometrist because of the puffed air (I swear there's dirt in that air), and the light shining.

That being said, thank you for educating us on such a strange medical condition. I had no idea this was possible. The human body is so odd and amazing.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

It's just not right

Amen. You are not supposed to put things on your eye. Ever. For any reason.
Seeing people taking out their contacts, put it in their mouths to rewet it, then right back onto their eyes....well, that image is more horrible to me than anything surgical.

EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!! You have actually seen people do that? I have been wearing contacts for 20 years and have NEVER, EVER put my contact in my mouth to rewet it. That is disgusting!

It took me a long time to get used to putting in/taking out my contacts as I too am squeamish when it comes to eyes. But now it is 2nd nature. My 4 yr old loves to watch the process, he thinks it is really cool. Hope he didn't inherit my poor vision because it really isn't all that cool to pretty much be blind.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Then it does not belong on a public forum

If the moderator feels that my statement somehow breaks the T&C, he will remove my statement.

Your prerogative Sir, but the anthem of ATS is Deny Ignorance, unless you can back it up it means nothing.

I have literally seen threads titled 'Obama is an alien' and 'The earth is hollow'.
Now we all know that it is not true.
Then why are you not attacking those threads?
Are you trying to bash out at me because I am new?

You must know that most materials on ATS are speculative.

Quite true, but do you take what someone says as blind faith? Thats very trusting of you.

I do not take 'what someone says as blind faith'.
Making statement does not mean that I take something that particular way.

I would not be so conjectural, can you tell me?

That's the damn point. You proved my statement that we cannot research on everything.
For ex:-We cannot tell if there are aliens in Pluto because we do not have the technology to properly search for life on that planet.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey hey guys, I know hairy eyeballs are an incredibly sensitive and touchy topic,
but why can't we all just play nice

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

haha Roos.
Well before I unsubscribe to this thread(or it will cause farther disturbances) I wanna say thanks for this thread.
Not really a good news but fascinating to know that such uncommon things are also happening somewhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hey hey guys, I know hairy eyeballs are an incredibly sensitive and touchy topic,
but why can't we all just play nice

Good point my man, I will let this go but there's so much hearsay on this site sometimes, it fogs the truth

top topics

join