It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House wins fight to keep drone killings of Americans secret

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by oonkala
An American abroad is not awarded the same freedoms as one in the states. Just ask the military members.

Cold blooded murder is immoral and no one man should have the right to act without due process of the laws afforded us under the constitution! How long before we are no longer safe, even in our homes, from the hypocritical terrorist in our own government? When will we hold the corrupt heirarchy accountable for their hypocrisy and lack of mercy? As long as they can judge us by our status instead of our actions, we will deny equality and allow justice to be manipulated, until the line of freedom is moved to tyranny and oppression! Is Social justice destined to just be a label for those with power to subjugate those without! How quickly have we forgotten those lessons of our past, to allow the meanings of our words, that we used to hold so dear, to now be twisted, manipulated and forgotten! God help us if we continue on the road of inaction, as powerful men conspire to keep us enslaved, confused and divided!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
What is the point of the Freedom of Information Act then? Oh...we must protect national security. Our national security was F'd and it all came from Washington D.C. anyways.

On the bright side...

If you guys take a careful look at the ruling, the judge only pertains it to "if they need to explain why they did it".

This ruling doesn't give the Obama Administration or any other administration the right or privilege to commit such heinous acts against Americans, and ESPECIALLY to lawyers who decide the fates of Americans like Anwar Al Awlaki and his 16 year old son whom was drone strike murdered at a family BBQ for goodness sakes.

Actually if they don't have to explain why they are killing Americans, this gives them the right to kill any of us &
any amount, without exception. We have no right to question our own government for the murder of its citizens. In my book this is as unAmerican as possible and alikes to the crimes of communism which we have faught how many wars against trying to prevent it from spreading throughout our world!
edit on 5-1-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>------------ extra DIV

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The sad fact here is that the assassinations will continue unstopped as countries do deals with others to trade info, death squads will be given safe passage in and out while backs are turned.

For every 1 that we get a response about there will be 20 that are simply hushed.

Sadly the continuing use of human shields, firing rockets from within family housing etc will guarantee the death of more innocents be it from drone or not.

I have to say there are days when I look at the video's from Syria and watch the horrendous antics of either side and actually feel no sorrow for them, I look in horror as men butcher dead people, crowds scream in hatred and the blood lust is very clear.

I say to my self, would I want to live there or have the sort of people who do this as neighbours be it there or here and I say no...

I'm not saying people here can't be as vile and disgusting but over there its both expected and natural.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaihorn

L
L
dont worry
get proactive

and build your own drones
no need to explain or justify when you use them in self defense
or to target someone who's targeted you either.
:

edit on 5-1-2013 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I see many threads on here pointing out what the government is doing. I continue to read comments stating we need to stop our government.

yet nobody can tell us how. how exactly do things get changed?? wait till elections?? then what everyone goes into a frenzy egging on the left right bs and continuing to vote for one party without paying attention to what the candidates stand for.

Demos vote demos even if their candidate has never been consistent in his positions and the same goes for republicans.

even if they say what you want them to say they are bought and payed for by the highest campaign donation.

Our government is bought for the rich by the rich. And if they feel they need to fry you with a drone they will do so and you will do nothing about it.

it is just reality
edit on 7-1-2013 by Nina2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
The constitution does not say that as soon as an American citizen Crosses the imaginary line known as the border, that they lose their rights. Being that the constitution is the highest law of the land, this judge should be arrested.

Well said.

Due process in any US government action, applies to ALL American citizens, regardless of their location.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join