It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did DHS Just Award an Ammunition Contract to a Shell Corporation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Did DHS Just Award an Ammunition Contract to a Shell Corporation?

James Smith, Contributor
Activist Post

On the 18th of December, 2012 I wrote a story about how the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) had requested, through the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), an order for 200,000 rounds of 180 Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point Ammunition. Despite the fact that FLETC orders more ammunition that a human could possible expend in a lifetime.

And to be quite frank, these solicitations are very tiresome because we ask questions and no one seems to have any answers.

But once in a while you just fall onto a nugget that makes this task seem less Sisyphean and more of a worthy calling.

In reviewing the award granted to the “winner” of this contract, I see that the American Taxpayer is again, the loser. We’ll add up the tally later.

The winner of this contract is Evian Group, Inc. located at 105 South Eastern Ave, Las Vegas Nevada.

Well, congratulations Evian Group; you’ve shown the Federal Government what it means to be naïve.

It seems that the Evian Group was formed on December 12, 2012, just 5 days before the announcement of the solicitation:
www.prepperpodcast.com... -shell-corporation/evian3/

But wait, there’s more!

The contract for 200,000 rounds was $45,758, which boils down to about $0.21 per round. And, to be quiet honest, that a really good price. As in, unheard of good price. So two websites were used for comparison. You’ll see that the price was less than half of what the other guys are charging.

LuckyGunner1 AmmoEngine1

The address provided to DHS and the Secretary of State is 105 S Eastern Avenue. Let’s use the NSA’s golden child, Google, to take a look what’s there:

What you see is the street corner of East Fremont Street and the intersection of North Eastern Avenue and South Eastern Avenue. On the opposite side of the street is an ARCO gas station.

Does anyone see a business capable of providing 200,000 rounds of jacketed hollow point rounds to the Federal Government? There’s not even a MailBoxes Etc to accept mail! 105 S Eastern Avenue looks like the parking lot for a bodega.

The listed principals, Grace Hodge and Larayne Whitehead, are director and president respectively. Nowhere can they be found attached to Evian Group, Inc, which is unusual, as the whole purpose of running a business is to create a steady stream of revenue. They cannot be found on LinkedIn, where people network to get more business, or even in Google as a website. Eviangroup.com is parked by GoDaddy.com for a future site, and Bravenet is hosting Eviangroup.net.

Furthermore, no property or telephone records exist for the principals. The people do not seem to exist.

Full Story: www.activistpost.com...
edit on 3-1-2013 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I presume that you mean .40 s&w for the caliber.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that no ammunition of any caliber will be delivered on this contract. either.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I'd be willing to bet that no ammunition of any caliber will be delivered on this contract. either.

It's a PAYOFF to someone for services rendered....In my opinion

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

It's a PAYOFF to someone for services rendered....In my opinion

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

I presume that you mean .40 s&w for the caliber.

Why? Is that what is most commonly used?
Did he even mention the word in the OP?
That is a great price for some HollowPoints. I pay .39c a round.
Good find, this is real fishy. The good stuff, more of what ATS needs.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So we keep digging untill the thread is closed?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The feds have also awarded other contracts to this company now, for concrete barriers and for extremely expensive Nikon camera bodies (Nikon D4 FX Digital SLR Cameras). The total of contracts awarded to them is now approaching a quarter of a million dollars.

The company address does not exist according to a US Post Office search and a Google maps search. Searches for the names of the officers of the company was a dead end too.

Interestingly, there is an Evian Group internationally that's some kind of think tank / New World Order / globalization group founded in 1995. They are heavy hitters, with ties to the World Bank, WTO, IMF, geopolitics and economics in the mideast/Europe/Asia, etc. There is probably no connection with the alleged shell company in Las Vegas, but I suppose you never know. It just seems like the international group is dealing in far bigger things. Even a quarter of a million dollars in government contracts would seem to be too penny ante for them.

I probably won't look anymore at this, it smells too much like either government corruption, black op money laundering, or organized crime, and I'm not sure it's safe to dig further. Maybe someone else wants to though, it's an interesting find, OP!
edit on 7-2-2013 by ikonoklast because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Odd did a Bing search and this is what came up www.bizapedia.com... now if we go to it this comes up

Company Name: EVIAN GROUP INC.
Entity Type: Domestic Corporation File Number: E0633872012-6
Filing State: Nevada (NV)
Company Age: 2 Months List Due Date: 12/31/2013
Registered Agent:
Grace Hodge
105 South Eastern Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89123
Lookup Address on Google Maps
go to the map and there it is right in the middle of an air port, do not think that a ammo manufacturing co could be at a air port do you? go to the link and click on the the little box to the names

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yeah, I noticed the same thing about a map search landing you right in the middle of an airport. When you do the search, try putting in North instead of South on the street address. The map search will take you to one block north of the address (the 100 block north), then you can use your mouse to move the map to get to the 100 block south.

No sign of an airport too near, but I didn't zoom out very far. I thought it was pretty interesting that when you entered the allegedly correct address it took you to the middle of an airport. I wonder if it always did, or only after people first noticed this "company" and it's federal bids and apparently fake address?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

According to SAM.gov they were founded as a company on October 4th of the same year. Appear to be General Contractors. They don't do any actual work, just sub it out to others. Clearly a violation of the FAR, if it was a small business set-aside, but that is neither here nor there. Their CAGE code is 6TUY6.

Hmmmm.... their primary NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) is 323117... Books Printing.
edit on 201327 by bonsaihorn because: Added NAICS

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Evian spelled backwards is naive. One of the executives has or had another company selling ammunition. Let me see if I can find it.
edit on 7-2-2013 by 00001 because: (no reason given)
Global Synergy Group, Inc in Matthews, NC is a private company categorized under Small Arms Ammunition.
edit on 7-2-2013 by 00001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"Grace Hodge" doesn't get you much but "Larayne Whitehead" is a beltway wonk.

Unless it's just a coincidence. They sure don't live in Nevada.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
good find
watch your back

'they' dont even have to try to hide stuff anymore....no accountability at all...sad what has happened to this country

new topics

top topics

join