It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennys kicks out cops!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
reply to post by Jason88

The boy did his dang job. Denny's corporation policy says "no guns" well he did his job and maybe Denny's should change they're policy towards Law Enforcement.

You know the police are going to gangstalk and hound that manager. The police take exception to being told what to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Denny's spokeswoman Liz DiTrapano said in a statement: "Denny's policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant, and we regret any misunderstanding."

Read the story folks, it's a non-starter that actually makes the police look bad - they're feelings got hurt for a brief moment and the chief overreacted.

Read it: www.latimes.com...

Next question - is there an election, is there a police budgeting issues in Belleville, Ill - will Denny's be donating to a police fund for new cop cars? It's all political folks - every damn thing with police.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DoorKnobEddie

Well they better get use to it. Public official, sworn under oath, protect the people and my tax dollars give them the power..yea they work for me alright.
edit on 3-1-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It cracks me up that the sight of a holstered pistol gets so many sheep upset. Are people getting that pathetic? I'd worry about the guy who comes in with his pistol drawn
Having a gun does not mean you are going to shoot up a place!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Denny's spokeswoman Liz DiTrapano said in a statement: "Denny's policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant, and we regret any misunderstanding."

Read the story folks, it's a non-starter that actually makes the police look bad - they're feelings got hurt for a brief moment and the chief overreacted.

Read it: www.latimes.com...

Next question - is there an election, is there a police budgeting issues in Belleville, Ill - will Denny's be donating to a police fund for new cop cars? It's all political folks - every damn thing with police.

Does this apply to all Denny's or just what state their in?

If that's the case then, disregard my statement on page 2.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Not many people likes LEOs. I mean they give them free meals to enjoy and half the cops turn around and sticks some latex up your behind. Its catch 22.

If I was a restaurant owner, you will pay for your meal and taxes like everyone else. No one forces them to be the King's men.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

This is a blanket policy covering all Denny's as per their official spokeswoman, Liz DiTrapano.

Her working name is actually Liz Brady; she works for a PR firm, sometimes on the crisis communications team. She's about official as Denny's gets without having an "in-house" person issue the clarification.

There's a whole host of reasons for a corporation to use a PR shill for this stuff, but suffice to say - it's official until Denny's decides ICR Communications was wrong. By using these PR shills it's like a firewall Denny's has built by hiring these types to clean up its mess. Frankly, it's a terrible job that pays well.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

For now that make sense to me. Thanks for clearing that up.

I wonder if the employees know this in their hantbook or did they just fail to read the fine print?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

It might be just a sign, not even in the handbook. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
reply to post by DoorKnobEddie

Well they better get use to it. Public official, sworn under oath, protect the people and my tax dollars give them the power..yea they work for me alright.

Actually According to the supreme court police have no duty to protect you as an individual..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Cant wait to see what happens when the first Dennys get robbed at gunpoint.....all the cops will be at Krispy Cream, sitting their with glazed eyes....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I look at those No Gun Signs this way..... I don't care to eat in a guaranteed safe working environment for Robbery and people going postal. Given their Corp response..it's not worth sending Emails or letters over ... but seeing that sign will insure I eat elsewhere and will every time I see one.

Denny's INVITES another massacre. I refuse to be one of the bodies on the floor when it eventually may come. If they avoid it with policies like this, it will be by good fortune. Nothing else. This is what I'm talking about.

On October 16th, 1991 a crazed lunatic drove his truck into the Lubys Restaurant in Killeen, Texas. By the time he was done, 43 people had been shot. 23 of them were killed. It wasn't the call to BAN guns but the call to finally show common sense and allow personal carry of a firearm.

Under the Thursday, Oct. 17, headline "Bloodbath in Killeen," a story by Chronicle reporter Cindy Rugeley summarized what witnesses had seen: "He calmly and methodically strolled through the cafeteria, randomly shooting innocent people as they crouched under tables. Often he would stick the gun at a victim's head or body and fire."

Details related by shocked witnesses were sometimes incorrect. An unidentified Fort Hood soldier was reported to have thrown a chair through a plate-glass window, allowing 20 or 30 people to escape.

Actually, the heroic act was performed by auto technician Tommy Vaughn, who had thrown himself, not a chair, through the window. He was treated at the hospital for deep cuts on his shoulder.
Source

The details are horrific and the killer took all the time the Police response allowed him. As noted above, he took that time to casually execute more than one of the victims in direct contact shots to the head. It likely COULD have been prevented from going anywhere near as far as it did.

Hupp had actually brought a handgun to the Luby's Cafeteria that day but left it in her vehicle because laws in force at the time forbade citizens from carrying firearms. According to her later testimony in favor of Missouri's HB-1720 bill and in general, after she realized that her firearm was not in her purse but "a hundred feet away in [her] car," her father charged at Hennard in an attempt to subdue him but was gunned down; a short time later, Hupp's mother was also shot and killed. Hupp later expressed regret for abiding by the law in question by leaving her firearm in her car rather than keeping it on her person. One patron, Tommy Vaughn, threw himself through a plate-glass window to allow others to escape. Hennard allowed a mother and her four-year-old child to leave. He reloaded several times and still had ammunition remaining when he committed suicide by shooting himself in the head after being cornered and wounded by police.
Source

This, is one of the clearest examples in 25 years of why some of us will *NOT* ...absolutely WILL NOT...be disarmed from our ability to defend ourselves, our family and those who may be in our immediate vicinity WHEN ...not IF...another Aurora, CT or ...Killeen, Texas occurs.

I would never push someone to carry a weapon if they choose not to. I will never willingly surrender mine. It is what it is.....and the future in this nation will be interesting over the next few years.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

This has nothing to do about disliking LEO's. It's about absolute irrational fear people have of guns. Leo's or not that is discrimination! Remember in most crimes we get to hear what a good boy [or girl] the offender was. If you are getting the ole latex treatment either you are standing in line at the airport or your getting a contraband check in jail.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I look at those No Gun Signs this way..... I don't care to eat in a guaranteed safe working environment for Robbery and people going postal. Given their Corp response..it's not worth sending Emails or letters over ... but seeing that sign will insure I eat elsewhere and will every time I see one.

I just ignore 95% of the signs because they do not meet the States requirements for size and placing. In Missouri the signs are supposed to be 11x11 inches with 1 inch letters posted at eye level at the entrance of the establishment.

I see hand written ones that look like a 3rd grader drew them on a piece of note paper, I see a lot of those little handguns with a lined through circle on them. Plausible deniability - if they can't make the effort to meet the requirements for marking then they can't take it that seriously.

Really, the only thing they can do is ask you if you saw the sign, which the answer is always no and ask you to leave. I would leave without complaint at this point. However, I know no one will see it that is whole point of concealed... If they overreact and call the police it’s the same thing - they ask you if you saw the sign then ask you to leave. Easy.

The one place here that has a legitimate sign is the bar and that is not even needed since they don't serve food which makes it a no carry place on the State list anyway.

I really don't see the point of being vetted, investigated and approved for CCW permit all for some private person (or corporate douche lawyer covering his arse) to just arbitrarily say - not in my store.

I do think a private person's home is another story. I always declare before going into a person’s home and ask them if they mind. I also informed the doctor just prior to him sticking his hand up my shirt - he was unfazed and we had a long conversation about the 2nd amendment.

ETA: As for the overreaction its simply the intended result of the anti-gun phobia and irrational fear the media wants the people to have upon seeing anyone with a gun. Rather than assuming the person is just exercising their right (or in the case of these police officers the requirements of their duty status) of having a firearm people assume it is a potential mad man about to rampage. Shows the indoctrination is working as intended.

edit on 3/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Irony here is two fold,
first because of a long held relationship between many of the Restaurants bearing that name and their local police departments, which routinely lead to the conviction of many people who would otherwise, in minding their own business head peacefully home.
Second, because the police feel they are some how not citizens, not members of their state, and thus exempt from the rules and regulations, so much so that they feel they have been disrespected for being treated the same way the restaurant treats all of its other customers.

It seems that while the revolutionary war had successfully overthrown the aristocracy of a fledgling nation and rid itself of inequalities of titled nobility, that same nation has since forged a new brand of nobility and a special, privileged class due honors and respect.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

And if some stores are posting signs like this then I think it's some.sort of adoption of a policy but at thay eind of the.day, I hate Denny's because they don't give me enough fries so I stop going.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If the goal is to disarm the world in the name of peace, then the military, police and the like should be role models and turn in their weapons first! After all, if American citizens are disarmed, there should be need for cops to have weapons, right?

If we are to ban weapons, it should be all weapons. The leaders of the world should go first, then military, then federal agents, then cops and so on, right down to the last pea-shooter. If you expect the average American to go first, hold your breath till that happens, that in itself should solve the problem!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Now if all restaurants colluded in not allowing guns in the eating venue, could you imagine the power trip society would be on? Moreover, cops will have to start packing peanut butter sandwiches to work and make instant coffee on the road

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
If the goal is to disarm the world in the name of peace, then the military, police and the like should be role models and turn in their weapons first! After all, if American citizens are disarmed, there should be need for cops to have weapons, right?

If we are to ban weapons, it should be all weapons. The leaders of the world should go first, then military, then federal agents, then cops and so on, right down to the last pea-shooter. If you expect the average American to go first, hold your breath till that happens, that in itself should solve the problem!

From Ayn Rand,

Criminals are a small minority in any age or country. And the harm they have done to mankind is infinitesimal when compared to the horrors—the bloodshed, the wars, the persecutions, the confiscations, the famines, the enslavements, the wholesale destructions—perpetrated by mankind’s governments. Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man’s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sounds like it was a bunch of hipster complaining. Or yuppies.....or both.

God damn hipsters

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join