It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Near Area 51: Bright Spherical Object Spotted, Reported [PHOTO]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This report came from the MUFON CMS

A contact of mine who is a local resident of Alamo, Nevada was walking near to the Windmill Ranch Hotel just outside Alamo when he spotted this sphere moving towards the west and the mountain range which you can see in the picture. Behind the mountains is Area 51 and on this particular day there had been no aircraft activity out of Nellis AFB or Groom Lake.

The sun was behind the person who took this picture and you can clearly see this from the shadows on the ground in the picture. The contact had forgotten this image until he recently went through some old SD memory cards and came across it just before Christmas. He contacted me immediately and we cannot find any conventional explanation for this sphere. He does recall seeing flashes in the sky which were also witnessed by staff from the hotel, in total 3 other persons.

He cannot find any conventional explanation for this sphere and satellites and astronomical objects have been ruled out. The contact has asked me to share this image and I will respect their wishes by not naming them. None the less this is certainly a decent image and one that should certainly be shared with the public.

[Name and URL removed/cms/tg]

It was submitted the 2012-12-30, but the event took place the 2012-09-29 at 2:10PM.

Direct link to the photo.

Unfortunately, since the blue tag "Copyright Darren Perks UFO" was put in the photo, there's no way to say whether it has been edited or not.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Interesting it cant be the sun as the shadows are wrong however as you say it could have been doctored any more photos?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Good find, seems legit.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It looks just like this one:

This one took all of 45 seconds using photoshop!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This looks some what real, but its just hard to tell these days.....I'll wait for the experts to have they're say.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Indeed, such a useless picture. So tired of these lights in the sky pics by now.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Are you serious? Video games look more real.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
LOL America is so ashamed of the size of their junk they are competing with china to make a super American lantern.

Aren't you bored of glowing spheres? Unless you have trapped said ball of light in your garage can we please just leave the random ass glowing Chinese/American lanterns alone?

On a side note do you get excited when its nighttime? =O! SPHERES IN THE SKY EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
Sorry lol i dont mean to be rude but i like many others am bored of spheres that glow n disappear, because to be honest i can find more use from a bucket with a hole in it -.-

edit on 3-1-2013 by Aarcadius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aarcadius

LOL America is so ashamed of the size of their junk they are competing with china to make a super American lantern.

I just spewed coffee all over my keyboard! That is perhaps the funniest thing i will see today!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
With only the photo to gauge. I will take the facts as I see them. Sun is fairly low behind the photographer. Object is in front of the photograper. Whatever it is, is most likely shiny, and reflecting the sun back to the lens. This can be any number of metallic objects normally seen in the sky at that altitude.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here is the original, without the UFO...

plus.google.com...

Its from the Darren Perks guy from his trip to Area 51.

Hoax

www.ufoshropshire.co.uk...

So let this be a lesson to you. If you are going to fake a UFO photo don't
1.Steal a photo from a UFO researcher
2.Put his name on it
3. Use a photo without a UFO in it
edit on 3-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This thing is obviously a genuine photo of a super top secret Area 51 spacecraft.

Or a mylar balloon reflecting the sun.

But it is most certainly not Niburu.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

Thanks for the heads up.

This "event" was highlighted on UFO Casebook on 2nd January and we did a quick search to see if it had been reported anywhere else.
This ATS thread came up high in the results. However, the links that you provided rapidly became defunct shortly thereafter. The images had been removed from the source site.

The submitter then changed his story somewhat in his comment below the actual submission.

UFO Sighting in Alamo, Nevada

We drew up our findings based on your "lead" and attempted to post them to MUFON under the submission on their "Stalker" with no success.

The Case of the Bright Sphere UFO

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Xpose UFO Truth

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
How come the original photo (minus blob) is now not visible, or is that cos I'm in the UK? Anyway, it screamed of lens flare added by a paint program/video software even before I'd scrolled down to the debunk post. Would like to see the original unedited pic though to be certain it was hoaxed.
edit on 8-1-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Please check my previous posting.

All the necessary images are on that page on our site.

Regards,

Xpose UFO Truth

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

area 51 gets so much regular civilian traffic riding up that they no longer suspend day2day operations in the skys. go camp out in rachel if you want to see a supposed ufo. nice stuff 2c

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by xutlady
I have been following this one with interest.

Did you follow it up to the point where it is shown to be a fake photograph?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join