It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight million dog mummies found in Saqqara,Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Could you elaborate on your statement ?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sheesh, that's dedication; heartfelt, truly. The Egyptians knew how to pay respects for the dead

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndreasGilbertus
reply to post by shivaX

Could you elaborate on your statement ?

Yes I can elaborate on my statement. I will do it for you and for anyone else reading this

My statement was :

I am pretty sure that the ancient Egyptians were not people.

These are the questions that make me feel this way:-

How are some pyramid's lined up exactly with the magnetic North Pole ?

Why does the sun sets in the exact center of the Great Pyramid of Giza?

How is it possible that the the positioning of the three Pyramids of Giza are exactly aligned with the position of the three stars in the belt of Orion?

How did they carry blocks(while building the pyramids) that weighed about 2 tons each?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by shivaX

Secondly, and this is pure speculation based on nothing more than time to think, but Anubis is the God of Embalming (amongst other things). Mummification doesn't just happen, it is a specific high skill set so practice is needed. Therefore, if the majority of these animals were mummified hours after birth i would say they were practice for the embalmers.

This seems very possible. We do animal testing now i cant see why they wouldn't do it as well. But the only thing i find weird is that there were cats involved as well.
edit on 3-1-2013 by misse2miss because: error

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There could be lots of dogs because of the Egyptians reverance for Sirius. It is the dog star after all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks! Yeah thats one of the examples I mean, those rams. I've seen pictures of the same thing with other animals though. Sphinx's I know, can't recall what other animals.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Originally posted by shivaX
These are the questions that make me feel this way:-

How are some pyramid's lined up exactly with the magnetic North Pole ?

Why does the sun sets in the exact center of the Great Pyramid of Giza?

How is it possible that the the positioning of the three Pyramids of Giza are exactly aligned with the position of the three stars in the belt of Orion?

How did they carry blocks(while building the pyramids) that weighed about 2 tons each?

Fo' sho'. Don't forget the actual age of the Sphinx!
12 ft of erosion on its back.

More importantly though they're mythology. Egyptian priests weren't modern politicians, when they said Ptah reigned for 9000 years before Ra's reign of 1000 years they didn't just make it up.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Bob Barker reminding you to help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered.....or mummified.

Goodnight Everybody!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How has 8 million mummies gone hidden this long!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
How has 8 million mummies gone hidden this long!

I didnt look at it like that but your right.. how much more stuff can they find in egypt!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Waiting for the correction, it would take almost 100 days just to COUNT to 8 million not including the time it would take to sort and ID 8 million sets of bones.
I don't see what the big deal is, the new kingdom started burring a lot of animals in the Saqqara necropolis and this has been known for a while.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Studies on the mummies, Ikram explains, revealed that some of them were old while the majority were buried hours after their birth.

The Poor Puppies were buried only hours after their birth? - Man that's Ruff.

propably another priesthood that degenerated their spiritual understanding and made money off pilgrims.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Interesting indeed. I think it would be extremely odd to find out the entire world we live today, is merely the after life of all the dead of the past projected by the great mysterious machines that are the pyramids of the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hi . Sorry but I did not find any pictures. However I found another news article reporting the same news HERE
reply to post by shivaX

Here, I found some dog mummy photos.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The pyramids were built with leverage, human numbers, and ingenuity. The workers were paid and their houses and writings were discovered a while ago. I read that in National Geographic. It's the "thinking mans" version of Rense.com..
This is how a good thread goes bad. Eight million dog mummies, thumbs up. -Aliens built the Pyramids, ..lol.
edit on 3-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Obviously all those animals were for organ farming in order to sustain the extraterrestrials long enough while back home their atmosphere is being repaired with extracts of gold.

In return they stacked rocks into a pyramid.

What's not to believe?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

The ASPCA and the RSPCA will have to be informed.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Even if aliens had nothing to do with the construction of any of it, LOOK at the things they built and how far they went to attribute these massive monuments and now 8 million mummified dogs to they're "gods".

Do you think they were crazy?

When heiroglyphs say that the gods were among them do you think were lying?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Egyptian med school?

Maybe they practiced embalming techniques on animals before they figured out how to do it right on people.

Or maybe it was dogs that were their sacred animal after all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Now that i am overlooking this thread once again i find myself wondering.

8 million is a hell of a number (8,000,000)... The time it took to mummify 8 million animals;it actually seems very outrageous now.

Does anyone know how old these remains are or the oldest compared to newest?
edit on 3-1-2013 by misse2miss because: error

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join