It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing them softly. Brad Pitts last speech.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Just saw Killing them softly www.imdb.com... and I really enjoyed it.

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD.

The last speech Brad Pitt hit a nerve with me here it is....He is watching Obama give his speech when he 1st got in.

Barack Obama (on TV): ...to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one...

Driver: You hear that line? Line's for you.

Jackie Cogan: Don't make me laugh. One people. It's a myth created by Thomas Jefferson.

Driver: Oh, so now you're going to have a go at Jefferson, huh?

Jackie Cogan: My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words 'All men are created equal', words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He's a rich white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and f***** his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now ******' pay me.

I think he is bang on with that...it is all a con, thoughts?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Overall the movie sucked i thought, but i did like the words at the end of the movie.

Just a shame it had to stop there, im surprised brad pitt signed up for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Deleted
Wrong thread
sorry
edit on 3/1/2013 by waveydavey because: Wrong thread

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I saw this movie, and to me, it was a good flick. Brad is one talented actor, and concerning his last lines in the movie, nothing but the truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There are a lot of quotes out there in movies that give a snippet of truth. it is always good to see/hear thanks for posting it. Here is one of my favorite quotes from the movie "Dazed and Confused"

Hey, this summer when you're being inundated with all this bi-centennial, fourth of July, broo-ha-ha just remember what you're celebrating. That's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning aristocratic white males did'nt want to pay their taxes."

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Good one I love that movie
(got my 3rd wife in it)
I think Brad takes up parts with little speeches like that in his movies as Tlyer Durden he had many.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Here is his last speech..

Warning spoilers ahead.

new topics

top topics

join