It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Want A Return To The Cold War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I absolutely despair. Why do you want a return to the Cold War? I dont think some of you were even alive at the height of the Cold War. You wont know the sheer terror that one had to go through. I remember growing up in the 1970s and 1980s living in absolute terror that a nuclear war would break out and destroy us all. I use to have terrible nightmares and was told off for even talking about nuclear war in school presumably to stop me from raising awareness amongst other kids and not terrify the adults as well. Who can ever forget when Threads was shown in the UK which showed the full horror of nuclear war? USA showed its own version The Day After. Both these films should have been awarded Golden Globes, Oscars, BAFTAs and Nobel prizes as they were responsible for speeding up the end of the Cold War. For once both the leaders of USA and USSR saw common sense on watching the films and thought to themselves enough is enough or had nightmares or were gettign hot under the collar when the public became fully informed of the horrors of nuclear war.

When you talk about a Cold War you are talking about increased chances of a nuclear war. The mistrust between nations with trigger itchy fingers on the button is nothing to trivialise. Accidental nuclear war almost happen back in 1983 and 1986. Do you really want your children to live under the same climate of fear? Do you want to have to go into their bedrooms at 2am in the morning and offer comfort when they wake in the middle of the night screaming because of a nigtmare about nuclear war?

So please, when you talk of a return to the Cold War, please bear in mind the full implications of what you are saying. I agree Putin is a nasty piece of work and ex KGB who gives the impression of having a fierce temper and not one to be trifled with. Lets just say that I would not want to get on his bad side! However for the sake of the welfare of Planet Earth let us not demonise Russia and put it back in the Cold War/USSR pigeon hole. I for one do NOT want a return to the Cold War. I am amazed we survived the 20th century. I thought by now Earth would be nothing but cinders, mutant humans roaming the Earth at best, and worst case scenerio, Earth being reduced to a new Asteroid belt as unleashing every single nuke will I beleive blow the Earth up and literally shatter it into a million small pieces. Is that what you really want?

If only we could focus all our energies on space travel for example, setting up bases on the Moon and Mars, mining asteroid belts for precious metals, we could expand and settle down and relieve the pressures of overpopulation. Heck by even settling on other planets, those fanatics who refuse to respect other faiths and live peacefully can even go and live elsewhere and leave everyone else in peace. If they blow up their new planet that will be their own stupid fault. But at least Earth would live on.

So let us think on all of this before we go off on one talking about a return to the Cold War. THINK about the consequences of that. Think of your children, think of the future. Think peace and not war!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Whys Putin a nasty peice of work?

Well, what many people did not know back in the 70's and 80's was that the Rockefellers were working closely with the remaining Bolsheviks, of course their secret alliance all went tits up after the Russian Christians regained control.

If it were not for the attempts of the Russian Christians, we would of all succumb long ago to the Zionist/Bolsheviks - We all have some thanking to do.

That being said, the Soviet Union and KGB did not fall, or die - They retreated to re-structure, as of course you can probably tell my looking at the top dog Russians of today.

The mystery of whether Putin is aiding the NWO or Hindering it is yet to be revealed..

I for one would like an all out second cold war to occur - just to get some damn confirmation of Russias stance, as it seems China's charging full steam into the New World..

Where are our allies?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
young people living in the the peaceful well developed nations are spoiled with the peace and prosperity around them

and when war propaganda, hollywood movies, novel have all romanticised war and war heroism, many of these spoiled kids would want a repeat of mankind's mistakes in history. either be a cold war, or being invaded, or invading others.

you make a poll in different regions of the world, you bet that nobody in the under-developed war terrorised regions will want a cold war back, or see war going on, you make a poll in USA, Europe and the more developed Asian countries? you get these dreamy spoiled kids looking for romanticism & adventure and will tell you that they want to see a war, no matter it is cold or warm

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

The cold war is a BAD idea.
Any war (cold or warm) is a bad idea.

It's the classical case of "us against them".
People still think with a tribal mind.

Maybe having a one world government will solve the need to have tribal wars?
Who knows? Just a though...

Somebody will be benefiting from another cold war.
It will be profitable to someone somewhere.
Just follow the money.

Those are my thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Because people tend to forget, the new generation needs a cause and a lot of people are bored with their lives.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Because terror fearmongering of the mideast variety's getting old/boring?

Because more Americans soldiers are killing themselves than dying in combat?

Give Americans a renewed sense of purpose and plight, again, at least.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
young people living in the the peaceful well developed nations are spoiled with the peace and prosperity around them

and when war propaganda, hollywood movies, novel have all romanticised war and war heroism, many of these spoiled kids would want a repeat of mankind's mistakes in history. either be a cold war, or being invaded, or invading others.

you make a poll in different regions of the world, you bet that nobody in the under-developed war terrorised regions will want a cold war back, or see war going on, you make a poll in USA, Europe and the more developed Asian countries? you get these dreamy spoiled kids looking for romanticism & adventure and will tell you that they want to see a war, no matter it is cold or warm

Your far removed from reality. Most young people want good relations with Russia and China, plus we don't want ww3, that kind of interferes with Skyrim, Halo, MW3 and Black ops...

---
It is older gents like yourself that may or may not need a pill in order to fully be a man again that are pushing this madness. As the only cold war we the younger generation want, is a cold war between neighbors to see which one owns the most awesome gun or paintball gun. So I strongly urge you older guy's to pop your meds and take the little lady out on the night on the town to regain your confidence and stop dragging us younger generations into your twisted thinking.
edit on 3-1-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I dont want a nuclear war to find out who are allies. EVERYONE would lose.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

I agree the Industrial Military complex has a lot to answer for. They are scum as far as i am concerned. To make money from war and the extinction of the human race is obscene.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You can't return to the cold war when it never ended.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

your only ally would be your head when something like Nuclear war kicks off there will be no government control no nothing bar your own ability to survive if you ask me you would be lucky to have been vaporised on 1st instance, I don't pray for this I don't pray at all, I was born in 90 so I didn't live in the heights but I know plenty who did and who were military I take the knowledge from them not a game a novel or a film I look with my eyes and my ears I also hear with my eyes I don't jump unless I know what It is I'm getting into there are plenty of cold war livers who wanted the bomb to drop and who still want this to happen after all its what they prep for and because it hasn't happened yet there is still hope in their eyes.

Economic situations with Debt amongst the Working class or under would wish for anything to be clear of the life they living so many people are living in horrific situations not to say all of them want something like Nuke war to occur but something of a degree to help them Escape at least for a few minutes is running through their mind day in day out there are so many influences out there its surreal.

be careful when generalising something to a group because nothing is certain.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
You can't return to the cold war when it never ended.

and this is true just because the wall came down doesn't mean it was the end it was a new era which many are bouncing back from.

we will never be out of conflict until we all die

top topics

join