It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryanair pilots fly even when they are sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Ryanair pilots fly even when they are sick

translate.google.com

This article is a Google Translation from a Dutch source.

Ryanair pilots fly even if they are unable to do so. They work under pressure and are made to fly even if they are unfit for it.

This is punishable by European regulations. Some pilots gave anonymous statements in the program "Focal KRO Reporter" last Thursday.

Professional organizations want to investigate the Irish airline.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ryanair has also been accused by its pilots to fly with just enough fuel, leaving no room for possible emergencies.

An investigation into the airline fuel policy is ongoing.

In the Netherlands, 4 Irish airline pilots declared that they regularly fly with less fuel than they deem safe.

A few months ago in Valencia, three low fuel incidents involving Ryanair aircraft have been reported.

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

This is shocking to hear!! (S and F.)

It sounds like a case of where the greed for more profit is playing with the lives of many innocent people.

Airlines should honour the responsibility that they take on: to transport people and goods safely from one location to the next.

You just cannot pull over half way through the flight in order to deal with a few "minor" problems: like an unwell pilot; or not having enough fuel to complete the journey.

This is crazy!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Rainair is just weird.
You can fly from Holland to Italy for about 50 euro!

Flew a few times to south france from holland for about 80 euro (destination and back!).
edit on 3-1-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I am amazed Ryan air even have pilots anymore.

This is really shocking, I don’t think I will be flying with them anymore so thanks for the find OP

S&F

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is nothing. You should look into the regional airlines and their practices. Colgan Air 3407 was painted to look just like Continental Airlines, and even had their name on the plane. It was operated by Colgan Airlines however, and the only thing it had to do with Continental was that it was a codeshare flight.

It was a Bombardier Q400, 72 seat turboprop, flown by Captain Marvin Renslow, who had 110 hours in the Q400, and First Officer Rebecca Lynn Shaw, who had 772 hours in the Q400. Shaw had been ill prior to the flight, and had flown across country as a passenger on other flights to get to her duty station, prior to going on duty. As they approached the airport to land, the crew allowed the airspeed to fall to dangerously low levels, and instead of pushing up power, and lowering the nose, the captain kept pulling the nose up, until the plane stalled and crashed.

As the investigation went on, it came out that there were major lapses at Colgan, including pilots renting "crash pads" (apartments where they would live up to 9 in the apartment), FAA investigators telling the airline when they were coming and what they were going to look for, and an FAA investigator writing up the airline and being demoted and transferred. It turns out that this is normal for regional carriers in the US. They hire these young pilots with the promise of them getting experience, and getting hired by the major carriers, and then push them to do things they aren't prepared to do (one pilot who was a young captain, told of the time they wanted him to fly as a safety observer in a Q400, despite having never even read the manual on the aircraft). When pilots refuse to do things that they think are unsafe, they get written up and fired.

There are so many more horror stories than I can recount here, that have made me swear off ever flying on a commuter airline ever again. Some of them horrified me to the point that I felt ill after hearing them.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This does not surprise me, even the cabin staff have to pay for their own uniforms and training and have now even been banned from charging their mobile phones at their hubs on the ground as Ryanair claim they are stealing electricity source

I've flown with them a few times as they have a hub a couple of miles from where I live, but the destination airports are so far from where you want to be, I'd be as well to travel a few extra miles to Glasgow and pay a few extra quid for BA or suchlike, because Ryanair really are the pits and not actually that cheap, especially if you have to change flight details or anything like that, In fact I had a very worrying experience with them trying to get back from Paris on the 13th Sept 2001...way too long a story, but I vowed never again and I haven't...

new topics

top topics

join