It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Sonic Anomaly in South Atlantic and 5.2 Earthquake nearby Ascension Island....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The image is a derived water vapor image produced from microwave satellite data. It has nothing to do with sound. Such processing artifacts are not uncommon.
tropic.ssec.wisc.edu...

Here is the animation with the artifact.

A detailed explanation of such artifacts can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The same features occur when a Volcano goes off in the air:

That image has nothing to do with an erupting volcano. It is an image of atmospheric wave clouds.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah yes.

None the less, a force is a force.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Wind is wind.
Atmospheric waves form for the same reason waves form downstream from a boulder in a river.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep.

Hey do you know anything about that water current on the animation by south America? almost looks like it's going through the continent on the south.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The animation does not show water currents.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Don't know anything about any of this...but those structures and sites being pointed out, are really interesting. Makes me think about how far Egyptian technology has advanced.

What kind of power is being generated here? How could tampering with this energy affect the planet?

or

What is being monitored, or broadcast?

Things like this are fun to think about.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The image is a derived water vapor image produced from microwave data. It has nothing to do with sound. Such processing artifacts are not uncommon.
tropic.ssec.wisc.edu...

Here is the animation with the artifact.

A detailed explanation of such artifacts can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Superb, thank you. Move along now

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
1) This "sonic anomaly" doesn't appear anywhere on the cimss.ssec.wisc.edu website, so I question the source of this.

2) That white cone shaped object you pointed out on Ascension Island is a navigational transponder for commercial aircraft. It's a critical waypoint for commercial flights crossing the Atlantic, but there's otherwise nothing mysterious happening there. en.wikipedia.org...

3) The round white domes are standard ground-based radar stations, and the white triangular figures are called log periodic antennas located near Georgetown, looks to be about 7 of them total on the island.

4) I don't know where you're coming up with "tesla tech array" which appears to be a completely made-up term.

5) That other rocky island you pointed out isn't purposely being obscured---those would be clouds. Trindade island has a population of 32 Brazilian navy personnel, but it's otherwise uninhabited. You can take tours there from Brazil, but there's not much to see. en.wikipedia.org...

6) Ascension Island sits upon a divergent tectonic boundary, so earthquakes in that region are quite common: superdupertectonics.blogspot.com...

This looks like an interesting technical 'anomaly' (with no source given) and lots of wild speculation heaped on top.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Could the sonic boom be related to British jets on exercises in the area? The Falklands are hotting up at the moment!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAge2015

Nope.

Read the thread, the answer lies within.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Any chance of a hint please? There's a few different views.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I need to know if anyone actualy knows how haarp works,and how do i go abotu providing annonimous information? im concerned about certain infobut cant provide on here because of "Spies" of you know what i mean.
edit on 19/01/2011 by Tahnya86 because: info

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There's actually really nothing "classified" about the HAARP program. All of the EIP documents have been a matter of public record since the beginning of the program. They even have an "open house" every year where the public is invited to visit the facility and ask scientists questions. This facility doesn't pack nearly enough power to 'affect the weather' or 'generate earthquakes', it is 35 acres of antennas powered by on-site diesel generators. It would need power on the order of magnitudes to begin to make an impact on the atmosphere of the entire planet.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

The US Navy has facilities in North America called "thumpers" which are used to communicate with nuclear ballistic missile subs by sending ELF/VLF waves through the crust of the planet which are picked up by a miles-long trailing antenna spooled out behind the sub. If anything, we should probably question the effects of that system before worrying so much about HAARP.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just be careful if you decide to post on the good reverend's videos... She's likely to delete your comment if you forget to shower her with praise and glory befitting that of a messiah. The intro to the video was also "cute"... Every true prophet needs a crowd of people to adore a 20 foot tall painting of your face.

I guess she likes to tell people to pray to god to give her wisdom and "spiritual insight" so that she will know what topic to make her next video on. So I guess we are left with the implication that if we do not pray hard enough then she might not be able to make the next video in time to warn us about the evils of the world and then "they" will get us... It's not that she just enjoys knowing that so many people are focusing their thoughts and energy on her, no, she genuinely wants to help. It's just that its in gods hands and god is gullible enough to be swayed to the opinion that what we humans beg for is the best course of action and that his original plans for the world were just a little side project to keep him busy until the real genius came along to tell him how to bestow his gifts of wisdom and spiritual insight (whatever that is?) since god is clearly not up to the task.

In fact, god should just hand over the keys to the universe over to the group of humans who cries the loudest and demands them most insistently and urgently. He can just go tend to some other reality. We got this. We appreciate the gift of creation and all, but... We just really don't need him anymore, according to the logic placed before us by the author of this video and her followers.

The anomoly was interesting. I wonder what it was... Although it seems the quakes were 3 days later, maybe we need to look at the data from the correct data set. Also, the island has a name, we all know now. I just can't help but wonder... If god failed to give her the wisdom to realise these two errors, I wonder what else she missed?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectReporter

Hmmm... Yes... Waves sent through the crust? Now THAT could be an interesting thread! Except... OS there any way we could change the name? "Thumpers" is cool in a way, but it doesn't have the finesse needed to drum up interest like "H.A.A.R.P.", or "Area 51"...

How about we call it Lucifer's Sceptre? Or Project Genocide? No, I got it... We call it Uncle Bonzo's Summer Holiday Season Weekend Extravaganza-Fest 3000!!!!! Ok, so, I came up with the name. Now you do the thread!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just saw this video on youtube, then searched it here.

I really like the 'obscurements' which are clouds. haha.

It is an interesting island though.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

NASA stopped operations on the island about 91/92 they had a tracking station originally built for the Apollo missions, I lived on the island for a year, the TTA stuff she is talking about in the videos is ESA space agency tracking stations for the Ariane missions, Cable and Wireless satellite Land Earth Station for island communications, the tall mysterious towers miles apart and football fields high belong to the BBC World Service rebroadcast service, they were shipped to the island in the 60's originally they were based at Daventry in the UK and have the most amazing old glass valves which glow hot when transmitting. The USAF have a small presence on the island along with the RAF at Wideawake airfield, again the domes around the airfield are to protect the Satellite/Radar equipment from the Sun and Dust. Some of the "Barracks and living accommodation" date back to the Napoleonic era, the Royal Navy were based at Georgetown to stop the french from springing Napoleon from his prison on Saint Helena further south.
Interesting fact was NASA tested out the moon rover vehicle here as the island is just one big volcanic slag heap with just about every type of barren surface you could imagine, and it was an emergency abort landing strip for the shuttle.
I have got to say it was a really bad video, lets find an island on google and then randomly speculate, without actually doing any other research as to what is there, 15 minutes and some objective research on the net will turn up a heap of info.
Yes of course the UK and the US have a military interest in the island, its halfway to the Falklands its between Africa and South America which makes it a nice asset to retain, and its a missile test range because its in the middle of nowhere. Geologically Ascension is also part of the Atlantic Ridge which sticks out of the water, which is why its covered in Volcanoes, anything seismic would probably be more attributable to that than the BBC TTA's!!!

edit on 7-3-2013 by Barkingmaad because: Finger trouble, and because I can!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join