It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your poor it must be your fault

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

The poor people I grew up around never had a chance in this world. It's hard to focus on greater education when your fighting just to survive.

People who have not had to live in "poverty" will never understand what thats like. For those who think it's not that hard to escape those neighborhoods when you are born into them, they should go there and spend a day, an hour, one minute... and then say that.

And I don't mean drive thru it in your car, but walk in and spend the night in an abandoned house. Listen to the sounds and hear the despair, then tell me how easy it is to rise above it.

I don't know what you call it today, an "acceptable" term in my day was "ghetto" or "slum". These places were designed to keep people in and keep them down. They still are. Drugs, gangs, lack of education and gainful employment. Family disfunction, no family at all (except the street), these are cruel task masters. And you expect people to just "rise above it"? Well, they may not be that strong!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Because of your metal disorder your argument loses all credibility with me. My mom went from Colombia to mexico with nothing but the equivalent of 50 american dollars in her pocket trying to get the the united states. she was arrested as soon as she landed in mexico, imprisoned for half a year, escaped custody and fled to the united states. Ended up in texas; traveled to NJ. NOW shes an american citizen speaks fluent English raised 3 boys all by herself as my dad died of cancer and currently lives in a nice 2 story house with a well paying office job. So save your sob story and do somthing about your life. If my mother traveled across 2 countries with absolutely nothing, endured imprisonment, the loss of her love, and still managed to raise me and my 2 brothers...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
ps im pretty sure shes still wanted somewhere in mexico but lets keep that between us

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Most americans are lazy. plain and simple

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yea I was abused and neglected. Find my intro post. I was diagnosed bi polar at 13 and hospitalized for two years. I'm 23, have a family and own a two story house. Cry me a river.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I gave you a star, because I equally agree with your post, and I still feel mine is also the truth. I apologize for my blunt attitude. I'm nearly incapaple of putting anything nicely. My intentions are as good as yours, but you see how my words come out. I never suggested that anyone just jump in and flow with it, as I am doing in the present. I closed my last post by saying people should at least try. That's all. Just try. I've also tried to make it clear in this thread that I see nothing wrong with people getting the assistance they need.

edit on 3-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's "You're poor"...thread fail.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerLogic

Yeah. I lost full sight of the topic.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone. I'm not the type to throw pity parties for myself. Just because I have schizophrenia doesn't mean I have to like it. I spent 3 years of my life coming down with schizophrenia. By the time I was finally diagnoses I was in a full blown psychosis. I was so far gone the doctors told my mom I might have to be institutionalized for life. I spent 2 months in the hospital drugged to the max with Thorzine and Haldol. After getting out of the hospital I had to relearn how to live all over again. I didn't know how to talk to people. My mind was in pieces and I had to put it back together again.

After getting out of the hospital I use to go down to the lake. I would sit there all day by myself for hours and hours and just watch the water. After a year of recovering I decided I wanted to work. My step dad got job me a job working with him. I busted my ass and worked my way up ladder. I spent 9 years in the workforce learning everything I could. My illness ended up coming back to haunt me. I had to give up a $45k a year job to go on disability. I lost everything that I faught and worked for. I'm a little bitter about the things that I've lost but I'm thankful for the things I have.

Yes I have seen people make it out poverty I've witnessed. For every 1 person that makes it I could name 20 that didn't. Some of you people need to look in the mirror and see your own faults before you go passing judgement on others.

edit on 4-1-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I have a friend named Nelson. He spent 20 years in a prison and got the crap beat out of him more than once.

He finally become the President of his country.

Choose your thoughts wisely. It's your thoughts that determine your future more than your circumstances ever could.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

I have a friend named Nelson. He spent 20 years in a prison and got the crap beat out of him more than once.

Choose your thoughts wisely. It's your thoughts that determine your future more than your circumstances ever could.
I use to cook crystal meth in the back of a RV.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

so how can a guy be rich with no one to share wealth? how can a man be poor with good friends? money is another thing to argue about

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I use to cook crystal meth in the back of a RV.

Sounds like someone has been watching too many Breaking Bad episodes.
edit on 4-1-2013 by MobSaget because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2013 by MobSaget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

The poor people I grew up around never had a chance in this world. It's hard to focus on greater education when your fighting just to survive.

People who have not had to live in "poverty" will never understand what thats like. For those who think it's not that hard to escape those neighborhoods when you are born into them, they should go there and spend a day, an hour, one minute... and then say that.

And I don't mean drive thru it in your car, but walk in and spend the night in an abandoned house. Listen to the sounds and hear the despair, then tell me how easy it is to rise above it.

I don't know what you call it today, an "acceptable" term in my day was "ghetto" or "slum". These places were designed to keep people in and keep them down. They still are. Drugs, gangs, lack of education and gainful employment. Family disfunction, no family at all (except the street), these are cruel task masters. And you expect people to just "rise above it"? Well, they may not be that strong!

The sad reality is, there is no excuse for poverty and homelessness in America.
As long as there is one homeless person there should be zero immigrants allowed into the country. That way through proper land management, you can setup people in small pre-fabricated homes. Combined with sensible food and resource policies, it shouldn't be an issue.

www.woodtex.com...

The easiest way's to get rid of waste in welfare programs is to get rid of most of the useless bureaucrats. To those that have a problem with social programs(what can I say, just because I dislike lefties as individual people doesn't mean I am going to cut my nose off to spite my face), you are nothing but a bunch of murderous butchers.

During the great depression, before welfare existed, roughly 9% of the country starved to death(going by the 12 million figure). That means without social programs, well over 20 million Americans would of starved to death even with private charity.

With the level of technology we have there is no excuse for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

You forgot to mention your friend was a communist terrorist.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It's never anyone's fault they are poor. It's always someone else's fault. Someone else has to fix the problem.

This is the kind of thinking that goes nowhere fast and propagates the perpetuity of despair.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
It's never anyone's fault they are poor. It's always someone else's fault. Someone else has to fix the problem.

This is the kind of thinking that goes nowhere fast and propagates the perpetuity of despair.

It is everyone collectivlly on this planet fault that society is what it is with poor people and parasitism from the top of the power pyramid. You allow greedy ego parasitical behaviour by conforming to the systems creating them. The pyramid scheme will only get worse and in the 99% humanity will rise up but probably be to late and will lose their lifes if they do not conform to the parasitic system.

There is and never have been any excuse for doing this to your soulbrothers and soulsisters. It is an abomination. Funny that winning on this level means losing on the next level.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Get off the dole. As long as there is a crutch for you to lean on you will never learn to stand on your own two feet. There was a time in this country when men would be mortified to even consider having someone else support them.
This is called pride. Man up and quit your whining!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I grew up in Taylor, Allen Park, Lincoln Park, Melvindale... I know your neighborhood. I've seen some poverty. I lived in a trailer for most of my childhood. My brother's schizophrenic. You know what I think? I think that his doctors, instead of helping him cope with his issues, decided to to their pharma-whore best to medicate him into a state of "apparent normalcy". You're in the same position. You were "diagnosed". Oh, really? Was that before or after you started not getting answers to your questions? Was that before or after you decided that you didn't want to live the same shallow, meaningless life you saw playing out all around you? I could have been diagnosed, too, but I developed a sense for whom I could trust with my questions and whom I could not.

Rise Above, if you wish, if you care, if you dare. If you don't, then there's no point blaming anyone else for the situation you choose for yourself. Not knowing any better just means you have yet to learn.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have zero symapthy for you. It seems like you can function just fine.

It's a tough world. Man up.

I promise if we went through your life we could find many instances which correlate to why you're poor. Tough luck.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you are born poor, its not your fault.

However if you die poor ,its your damn fault.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join