It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Capacity Magazine Bill Will Be Introduced By House Democrats Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Does anyone else wonder, Where are the Gun Manufacturers???

This ban, if passed as written would put several out of business! That is, unless they have already secured some nice Govt. contracts...Can you say Kel-Tec???

edit on 1/3/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: text

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

img.abovetopsecret.com...

took awhile but that image is showing my session after my first post (which was actaully my third attempt on a different PC), there were only two pages,
but i was loaded to page 24 with no other replys to the thread that far...

im sure its nothing but, it happened

and this was a plain post not a reply to to Go0fyFo0t... ??

edit on 3-1-2013 by nvprose1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2013 by nvprose1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

The manufacturers are generally represented by larger groups such as the NSSF.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It doesnt help your cause to parade around such arbitrary restrictions as pistol grips, bayonet lugs and magazine capacities of 10.

These are just examples of what I call "Feel Good Legislation." The law makers have no idea what they're passing, suggesting, or signing off on. Arbritray is putting it mildly. In regards to this bill, I may be completely wrong about this but I don't foresee many republicans signing off on this. The last time something like this was proposed not a single republican signed on. Additionally, there is no federal or state mechanism in place outlaw all the high capacity magazines statewide. It would be a law enforcement nightmare.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by AMERICANSTRONG
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Is it feasible 2 or 3 armed men break into your house?

That's why.

End of Story

So because your affraid, everyone should be?

I can't argue my possition since yours is reality.

Fear seems to be what drives everything from pistols to bio weopons.

So because you don't understand that some people are evil we have to die when a killer comes around?

I would prefer that people like you just shut their mouths rather than spew nonsense but its your right to be ignorant about the matter.

People like you turn us into victims, people like you enable the killers by making sure there is no way to stop them .

edit on 1/3/2013 by samhouston1886 because: (no reason given)

So because you don't understand that the only thing that can stop evil is being prepared, you want to make it illegal for anyone to be prepared?

People like you turn us into victims because, without preparation, when evil arrives all we can do is run and hide.

People like you will be hiding and praying, while we will fight back, like the brave CHL holder at that mall.

But hey, thats your right, I won't take it from you. So, hide, and pray for the best and stop advocating the removal of our rights.One day people like us may need to defend others.
edit on 3-1-2013 by XTexan because: edited for rudeness

edit on 3-1-2013 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, I havent heard any news out of the House on this bill yet today, so it's possible Boehner isnt going to allow this to the floor for a vote soon. This is only day 1 though.

I wonder how crazy it will get later this month and later on. When Feistein introduces her bill, Im guessing it will be crazy in congress, but then again, will this just blow over and pretty much fall flat with nothing passed? I mean, as time goes on, it seems the gun control talk starts to fade. Im not hearing as much on gun control on the TV atleast compared to a week ago.

Thanks for all the replies and also keeping it pretty civil compared to some other threads related to this subject. It seems like both sides have pretty good arguments, but my stance wont change.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

a few million gun owners (probably much less when you factor in fear/incompetence) isn't a challenge by anyone's standards

Um, right. Because zero gun owners is a much better foil to an oppressive government??

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

A pretty modest request.

What do you need more than 10 shots for?

Pretty modest requests are always followed with draconian dictates. Once you allow them to crack the door open... they kick it off the hinges. Anyway, as long as the opressors and the tyrants have more than 10 rounds in thier magazine, so will I.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its pretty clear you are all very partial to your weapons. I would be a fool to bring any arguement to a large group that were brought up to believe violence is the future.

I cant help it

Besides the pigs (never considered that in Canada, pigs here are pathetic) I still dont see the use for high capacity.
If a "team" of professionals are coming for you, there has to be other factors at work...

As other members have pointed out who cares, reload more, "be prepared"
If you say it demands a lot of practice to reload quickly and why sacrifice personal safety... You should know what your doing before you own something that deadly. I't doesnt sound like any of you would even consider licensing.

Reloading after 10 rounds would give officers or even an armed citizen more opportunity to engage. Its too much work to oost a vid from my phone but I recall one with an obvious pro choppin his way towards pistol armed police.

At what point are yoy actually going to use your "god given right" to defend your soveirgn rights? Its already at the point were you probably shouldn't tell me.

Why can't everyone be more like Canada?

edit on 3-1-2013 by FirstCasualty because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2013 by FirstCasualty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMERICANSTRONG
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Is it feasible 2 or 3 armed men break into your house?

That's why.

End of Story

So because your affraid, everyone should be?

I can't argue my possition since yours is reality.

Fear seems to be what drives everything from pistols to bio weopons.

Its not that they're afraid, personally I would rather be properly prepared for the worst case scenario than be ill prepared for a real life scenario. Consider for a moment that instead of bullets, it's days worth of food. If you were tragically snowed in, couldn't get out of the house, no electricity, nothing. Would you rather have 15 days worth of food or 10? More is always better in case of an emergency, because you can never honestly know what could happen tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
survivalandprosperity.com... was that the bill in question or was this a different gun control bill? ah www.ilga.gov... this seems to be the full text of the high cap mags bill if any one was curious

www.gunssavelife.com... this site seems to say that they were pulled but im getting conflicting information can any one figure out if the bills have been pulled or not my google fu is failing.

ah never mind www.bnd.com... so they just postponed it for now as they could not get it passed during the "lame duck" session

en. Heather Steans, D-Chicago, had said she planned to call for a full Senate vote Thursday on legalizing gay marriage. Democrats had been counting on the votes of three senators who support gay marriage but were absent Thursday. Steans said one of those was Sen. James Clayborne, D-Belleville, who was absent due to a health issue involving a family member. Clayborne, who is the Senate Majority Leader, had been at the Capitol earlier in the week. A spokeswoman for Senate Democrats said she had no additional information about the health issue involving Clayborne's family member. After seeing they didn't have enough votes to pass it, Democrats decided against a full Senate vote, but did hold a hearing on Steans' bill in the Senate Executive Committee. The committee approved the bill on an 8-5 party-line vote, with Democrats voting in favor and Republicans against. Steans said afterward that a full Senate vote could come Tuesday. Read more here: www.bnd.com...=cpy

edit on 4-1-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

None of those were the particular bill in the OP, and I also hope the bills you listed are defeated. The bill in the OP was a bill that the House Demorcrats were going to try to introduce yesterday. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), and Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) are the 2 main supporters of this bill. I still havent heard anything about this bill being introduced to the house floor, so Im still assuming Boehner hasnt allowed it to go to the floor for a vote yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join