It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time reader, looking to join the family.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hey everybody! I have been reading many articles on ATS now for a little over a year or so and have never really gotten around to making an account. So I figured that I should probably start one up so I can start sharing some of the experiences I have been having lately as well as spur conversation with other members about some of the current events going on.

I'm a musician, I have been since I was a small child. I taught myself piano, guitar and cello. I've had lessons in playing trombone though.

To me there has always been some sort of connection between life and music. I understand that music is an interpretation by the brain using patterns and things like that, but there is something deeper about it to me. I am a very philosophical individual and probably spend too much time thinking about life and all of the questions of grandeur.

I'm looking forward to getting to meet some intelligent, friendly people here on ATS and hope to get to know you all better soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Join the family huh? So are you a rich relative or are you going to ask for money. We have to determine these things.. theyre very important to the conspiracy theory continuum.

Welcome!!! There are a bunch of musicians here Im sure youll enjoy speaking with.. especially in chat. So get to posting and see you there soon!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You caught me. I'll just cut to the chase. Think I can have a few dollars?
lol. Thanks for the warm welcome.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy your stay.

There are heaps of muso's that frequent ATS, you should fit in well.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Thanks, I'm sure that I will. I've really just wanted to be a part of the community here for a long time but never got around to it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erich94
Hey everybody! I have been reading many articles on ATS now for a little over a year or so and have never really gotten around to making an account. So I figured that I should probably start one up so I can start sharing some of the experiences I have been having lately as well as spur conversation with other members about some of the current events going on.

I'm a musician, I have been since I was a small child. I taught myself piano, guitar and cello. I've had lessons in playing trombone though.

To me there has always been some sort of connection between life and music. I understand that music is an interpretation by the brain using patterns and things like that, but there is something deeper about it to me. I am a very philosophical individual and probably spend too much time thinking about life and all of the questions of grandeur.

TO: Erich94

I don't know why I was attracted to your introduction post, because I rarely read them.

I am an incorrigable philsopher too...almost obsessive in my pursuit of the understanding of the union between the Macrocosm and the Microcosm.

I am writing a book, using the main theme of COLOR to correlate the essences of light/color, sound/music and the vibratory resonance of atomic structures and energies, into one fundamental law of Nature, Consciousness and the Cosmos.

I have a feeling that you'd be interested in experimenting with these theories, seeing that music runs through your veins and has a special meaning for you. I appreciate your raw curiosity.

I am interested in showing how human consciousnes is intimately related to, and entangled with, all energies exchanged between our planet Earth and the rest of the Universe.

I have not introduced a thread of my own yet, but once I become confident that there is an interest on this forum for gestalt philosophies that merge physics and metaphysics together, I will.

I look forward to your posts.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Erich94

Welcome to ATS, Erich.

I share your love for music, although I do not play any musical instruments, ...apart from my CD-player and Hi-Fi of course.

Anyway, I also believe there is a "deeper" meaning to music, and the appreciation thereof.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Starling

I appreciate your kind welcome and am very interested in a lot of the things you have just mentioned. I actually have been suffering from a severe sense of derealization lately. It's intensity fluctuates with the amount of things going on in my day and my mental occupancy. I tend to look at things at a different level than most people do and see very amazing yet strikingly thought-provoking essences to everything that exists. I've always spent a great deal of my time observing the world around me. I read people very well and I personally believe that I have a connection to every conscious being in the universe. I feel as though consciousness exists outside of the human mind and that we are merely small vessels encompassing a very minute trace of the entire conscious realm. Every living creature is tapped into the same consciousness, just their specific part of occupancy.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erich94
reply to post by Starling

I appreciate your kind welcome and am very interested in a lot of the things you have just mentioned. I actually have been suffering from a severe sense of derealization lately. It's intensity fluctuates with the amount of things going on in my day and my mental occupancy. I tend to look at things at a different level than most people do and see very amazing yet strikingly thought-provoking essences to everything that exists. I've always spent a great deal of my time observing the world around me. I read people very well and I personally believe that I have a connection to every conscious being in the universe. I feel as though consciousness exists outside of the human mind and that we are merely small vessels encompassing a very minute trace of the entire conscious realm. Every living creature is tapped into the same consciousness, just their specific part of occupancy.

Please tell me: What is DEREALIZATION?

I also don't fully understand the "mental occupancy" you mention...although I think I do, really. I just want you to further define it, as best you can.

I believe in a thing I call 'Cosmic Intelligence': an essence that is infused in every living thing, that makes it function, as a life form, to the best of its potentiality.
I believe that all things in the cosmos react to frequencies of light and sound....and are, in fact composed of those two things, in different portions for each species.

Do you consider yourself to be an 'Intuitive'?

If you don't want to continue this dialogue on your introductory thread, please UTU me. Thank you.

Everything else you said, I can understand pretty well, feeling that I have a similar connection to the universal / cosmic consciousness.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I just tried to type something out to you in msg but it wouldn't let me send it due to the fact that I am still a new member, so I will just post it here.

What I was meaning by derealization is this.

For the past couple months I have been suffering from a really bad bout of panic disorder. I have been having panic attacks very frequently and struggling with continuing my every day life in the same way I have been. The human condition depresses me, the society we all live in and the way the world is run makes me very indignant. It all started when I had an extremely profound experience while on a dissociative drug called Dextromethorphan. I went out into a little nook by the house and laid down on the ground looking up at the stars. Observing the cosmos that was set out before me. I saw this mysterious light in the sky, that I knew was not a star, and I knew that it not just a hallucination for a sober friend of mine had seen it also. It turned toward my direction and it was almost like a spotlight that was rotating in the sky. It did a half circle shining down on to me and then disappearing. It caused a bit of alarm because I was curious as to what it might have been and then shortly after I had this HUGE sense of realization. An epiphany of life I guess I can say. It came out of no where. My sudden position in the universe became aware to me, the mist enshrouding human life here on earth was gone and I could see through everything. The standards we all live up to, the moral guidelines and societal rules and laws. I realized how flawed our system was and how absolutely terrifying it is to live this life in this situation knowing I have no control over it. Since then I have felt trapped in my own body, with no escape. I feel like being a human is not where I am supposed to be. I feel as though I should be less chained to the premise of mortality. This is what has caused my derealization. I don't look at life the same anymore, everything is off, knowing what I know now about the universe and the single consciousness that every human being is linked up to. It takes so much for me to push these thoughts to the back of my mind, because naturally I ask questions, I need answers. I want to discover what is happening here.

As for the occupancy thing, what I was referring to is this, basically.

Let us say that the consciousness is a giant spectrum. It is not infinite due to the fact that there is a limited amount of conscious experiences. It may be an extremely large number but it is still finite. Each person or living creature is currently occupying certain bits and pieces of that consciousness that comprise it's entire life experience and it's current personality/habits. For example, every single thing that has made me who I am today and will be tomorrow has influenced every little aspect of my being. The amount of good in me, bad in me, etc is all there in the spectrum, and when you add it all together you get this exact experience that I am living in now, at least objectively. So basically what I am saying is that every possible conscious possibility exists within this spectrum and we experience select, minute pieces of it.

But yes I do feel quite intuitive and agree with you about the vibrations existing throughout the universe that influence us.

I noticed something kind of neat a while back also while I was on dextromethorphan (which I have long since stopped taking). I was lounging in my room one evening when I started to pay closer attention to my box fan. I usually require a fan to sleep as I do not like stale, dry, non moving air too much. The sound also comforts me and I have never really known why. That night I had a sudden realization as I listened to my fan humming. I started to hum along with it to find it's pitch. I got up and ran over to my guitar, grabbed it and played the top string. A. My guitar is tuned in drop A, for it's tone has always been my favorite, and my fan is humming in A. I had never realized this until that night. The majority of box fans I have had since then have all also, hummed in A. Something about the vibration of A has always had a positive effect on me whether it's for relaxation or rejuvenation. Now, does what you are talking about have anything to do with cymatics by chance?
edit on 4-1-2013 by Erich94 because: Another part

top topics

join