It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious to hear points of view on Home Invasions from Anti-Gun population.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
The greatest form of self defense is the elimination of fear. I'm not much into guns. Grew up and learned how to shoot and hunt a bit. Just not a hunter, but I'm sure that I could if I was hungry.

When I was 16, I started learning Navy Seal fighting methods - offensive, not defensive. I also started Tai Chi and learned to balance my body in various positions.

I have a whitewater kayak paddle next to my bed. Fiberglass blades that can slice someone open, and a 1 1/2" carbon fiber one piece shaft. I sleep well.

A lone intruder may be in trouble, but a gang of thugs breaking in would probably overpower a kayak paddle. People that live in nice quiet neighborhoods and gated communities cannot fathom the rest of the urban jungle, nor can they comprehend the necessity for firearms among law-abiding hard-working everyday folks.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords

Hell! What if an alien craft full of smarmy violent sex-crazed ETs attacked your community and wanted to take up residence in your home?!!

Yeah, but they gots lasers.
I just gots bullets.

edit on 8-1-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by queenofswords

Hell! What if an alien craft full of smarmy violent sex-crazed ETs attacked your community and wanted to take up residence in your home?!!

Yeah, but they gots lasers.
I just gots bullets.

edit on 8-1-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

Maybe they do...maybe they don't. Bullets are still a better bet than kayak paddles. LOL!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

True.
But what if it's someone with a Navy Seal Tai Chi kayak paddle?

With fiberglass blades and a, um, really big shaft in various positions....?

Surely any alien would run from that. I know I would

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They'll tell you : it can't happen to me! I'm special!! If it happens, I'll call the cops, they'll save me.

Gun control advocates live in a fantasy world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join