It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Crime Statistics - The Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Please watch this video that kind of shed some light on violent crime statistics. Lets not turn this in to a racial thing, or "My Country is Better Than Yours" thing. Just open your minds, watch and learn.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The problem he identifies between the two sets of data is that those in favor of gun control only look at numbers for gun deaths, while he looks at the numbers for violent crimes. The gun death numbers include suicides and police shootings, neither of which provide any reason for banning guns in my mind.

One of the rationales for carrying a weapon is to prevent crimes such as burglary, rape, assault, and robbery. Your video provides evidence indicating that banning guns does not reduce violent crime, and may very well increase it. (By the way, Australia showed a similar jump in violent crimes after their gun ban.)

If three guys come at me with tire irons swinging, I would rather there be three gun deaths than one assault and robbery resulting in extended hospitalization or death.

To be honest, I don't see the gun ban as a useful solution to violent crime.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The lesson to be learned from the video in the op?

Don't let your common sense be over ridden by political agendas.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
90% of statistics are invented on the spot.

This comment is proof of that.

But yes, the video gives a good point and overall statistics are a really dishonest way of proving a point unless you can prove they haven't bee manipulated for a certain result.

Much like scientific studies mean nothing without the context in which they were carried out, the information on who paid for them and who conducted them.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Top-notch! Thanks....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The lesson to be learned from the video in the op?

Don't let your common sense be over ridden by political agendas.

My point exactly sir! Deny Ignorance!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here is a stat.

3 out of 4 people, living right now, will suffer one form of cancer in their lifetime. Let's focus on problems that need solving.

If 1 Million people were crazy, at any given moment in the US alone; that would be .3% of the population which is statistically insignificant.

Peace

top topics

join