It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP senators vote against Sandy relief

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kingking

Conservatives have been propagating the idea that America has been hijacked by a closet muslim, communist, who is trying to turn America into the USSR.

uhh no.........idiots have been trying to get people to believe that the president is a muslim born in another country......

true conservatives do well enough exposing his policies and actions ....no need for that other crap.......

nice try tho.........

besides all this is off topic........

Again, this is no more then a hit piece..........

The truth is, the Sandy bill was chock a block full of CRAP that has nothing to do with relief aid........

And it just happens it works in favor for the dems to try to use the fact that it was turned down , as a way to attack conservatives......

what it does is exposes more out of control spending, that we dont need to be doing.........

P.S. .....wheres the budget? Hmm?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by kingking

Conservatives have been propagating the idea that America has been hijacked by a closet muslim, communist,
who is trying to turn America into the USSR.

Stop lying to yourself jack.

Thought this was about Sandy relief ?

Yeah it is! And the conservatives caused Sandy too Sonny.. erm.. I mean jack.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
**sigh**

How about we all get back on here in lets say.. one year... Jan 2014.. and see how the Dems saviors saved us all, okay? Im neither dem nor repub, dont worship either donkey or elephant as some do on here like a sick religious fanaticism, and dont see either side doing a damn bit of good for this country.. that means YOU and I. They sure are doing great for their special interests and buddies though.. while we all are slowly taxed to death to give whatever idiot a raise for doing a whole lot of nothing. While some of you fall all over your gods for saving you from the scary cliff... they both ( dem and repub alike) just pushed us all in front of a speeding train. [/quote

i hear ya, i hear ya...

i'm just done with the peeps thinking republicans are so awesome...for what? being selfish?]

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

**sigh**

How about we all get back on here in lets say.. one year... Jan 2014.. and see how the Dems saviors saved us all, okay? Im neither dem nor repub, dont worship either donkey or elephant as some do on here like a sick religious fanaticism, and dont see either side doing a damn bit of good for this country.. that means YOU and I. They sure are doing great for their special interests and buddies though.. while we all are slowly taxed to death to give whatever idiot a raise for doing a whole lot of nothing. While some of you fall all over your gods for saving you from the scary cliff... they both ( dem and repub alike) just pushed us all in front of a speeding train.

couldnt agree more...........

All of this crap is just a slight of hand game.........all the while cheerleaders are riding the same train we are thats coming to the end off the track, and straight down a bottomless chasm.......

People need to wake up and look around.......

Washington needs a complete housecleaning from the ground up.........

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Conservatives have been propagating the idea that America has been hijacked by a closet muslim, communist, who is trying to turn America into the USSR

Nothing closet bout the aspirations of the current administration it has been "transparent "for the last 4 years, and with the fiscal cliff "negotiations.
edit on 2-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

**sigh**

How about we all get back on here in lets say.. one year... Jan 2014.. and see how the Dems saviors saved us all, okay? Im neither dem nor repub, dont worship either donkey or elephant as some do on here like a sick religious fanaticism, and dont see either side doing a damn bit of good for this country.. that means YOU and I. They sure are doing great for their special interests and buddies though.. while we all are slowly taxed to death to give whatever idiot a raise for doing a whole lot of nothing. While some of you fall all over your gods for saving you from the scary cliff... they both ( dem and repub alike) just pushed us all in front of a speeding train. [/quote

i hear ya, i hear ya...

i'm just done with the peeps thinking republicans are so awesome...for what? being selfish?]

Same with both sides.. both sides party line tow mules get on here like groupie PSYCHOphants screaming about the other party.. when its the other side of the same politician coin! The dems are no more holy than the repubs.. theyre politicians for Gods sake.. when have they been FOR us? Im damned near 50 yrs old.. not in my lifetime.

Anyway, I rarely get into these nonsense discussions anymore.. its useless. It is just astounding to me that the sandy relief package was NEVER looked at by some and they just swallowed the headline hook line and sinker. Astonishing for a bunch of ignorance denying folks...
The relief package SHOULD have been every darned penny to the victims and states.. not a bunch of crap hidden in there that takes money away from victims of the disaster and states rebuilding. Folks should be angry about this.. nope. They arent. Lets pretend its okay to call it a disaster relief.. when a ton of money is being diverted elsewhere and people are STILL out of homes and jobs this many months later! Bah..
edit on 2-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by Advantage because: I HAVE NO idea why this isnt formatting right when I hit post.. argh... !!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by kingking

Conservatives have been propagating the idea that America has been hijacked by a closet muslim, communist, who is trying to turn America into the USSR.

uhh no.........idiots have been trying to get people to believe that the president is a muslim born in another country......

true conservatives do well enough exposing his policies and actions ....no need for that other crap.......

nice try tho.........

besides all this is off topic........

Again, this is no more then a hit piece..........

The truth is, the Sandy bill was chock a block full of CRAP that has nothing to do with relief aid........

And it just happens it works in favor for the dems to try to use the fact that it was turned down , as a way to attack conservatives......

what it does is exposes more out of control spending, that we dont need to be doing.........

P.S. .....wheres the budget? Hmm?

And that is the tip of the iceberg buster, conservatives have blamed Obama about NDAA, yet the GOP
is decided to uphold the provision when it came up to second vote.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I bet half the money will be spent on things not related to Sandy. There will be people collecting from the government and also their insurance companies. I see a lot of deceit possible. Nobody is going to deny a claim they think looks legit and no one will be investigating.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

i have more to share hang on your hats

i tried to link an image, but it did not work...

how about this...

Senate Republicans voted down the “Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

"Kerry: Failure to Pass Disabilities Treaty is Evidence of a Broken Senate"
www.kerry.senate.gov...
edit on 2-1-2013 by cornucopia because: original link did not work

That's been covered here before too. It's not about disabilities. We already have plenty of legislation on that particular thing. It's about having our laws dictated to us by the UN. I suggest you take a look at the wording of the treaty itself.

(This has been covered on here recently. Let me see if I can find the thread....)

Edit: Yeah, I can't find it. But it doesn't matter. What you have to understand is that this is, after all, a conspiracy site. Our purpose here goes far beyond political baiting. Which means that you have to look behind the things you read.

But, for the moment, the first thing you have to understand is that merely voting against a bill doesn't necessarily mean voting against what it claims in the bill's title.....

edit on 1/2/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

While a little too late, good. It was jam-packed with favors for areas not even affected by it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Conservatives have been acting in bad faith for four years.

They have done everything in their power to keep the collective psychology of this nation
in perpetual fear, especially regarding the economy.

Right...I should have known responding in a different thread of your ilk. You mean the House actually sent a bill back to the Senate; asking for the favors to be stripped?! Say it isn't so! Where can I get your rose-colored glasses that you view the world through at?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Interesting........

The request, which still needs the approval of Congress, includes billions in urgently needed aide. But it also features some surprising items: $23 million for tree plantings to “help reduce flood effects, protect water sources, decrease soil erosion and improve wildlife habitat” in forested areas touched by Sandy; $2 million to repair roof damage at Smithsonian buildings in Washington that pre-dates the storm; $4 million to repair sand berms and dunes at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida; and $41 million for clean-up and repairs at eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The FBI is seeking $4 million to replace “vehicles, laboratory and office equipment and furniture,” while Customs and Border Protection wants $2.4 million to replace “destroyed or damaged vehicles, including mobile X-Ray machines.”

The relief package also includes a whopping $13 billion request for “mitigation projects” to prepare for future storms. These line items, and dozens more like them, have some Republicans balking at the size of the relief request and calling for more time to review the deal. The $60 billion price tag, they say, represents nearly the entire amount of additional revenue the government would collect next year by raising rates on the top 2 percent of taxpayers, as Democrats desire.

Sandy Aid Package Includes Millions for Smithsonian, Space Center, Forests

What is interesting or tyrannical about this list of proposals?

I would like to hear it.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Have you read the entire bill? I haven't - But there may be stuff in this bill those people object to that has nothing to do with relief.. and thats why they are against the bill. It might not be that they are against relief at all.

Many times politicians sneak things into good sounding bills that will wind up being a nightmare and when people vote against it, it makes them look bad and that's unfair to them.

We need to know exactly what is in this bill they might be objecting to before we pass judgment.
edit on 3-1-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Let's just hope that by some miracle, the new congress is better than the old???
In appearance, it does look like crap doesn't it?
They managed to come up with money for NASCAR, Hollywood, and even Rum!!...but they couldn't extend a hand to help those who had lost everything.
But then, the NASCAR, the Hollywood, the Rum, and whatever was included in the bill that never made it through the House probably, well, had nothing to do with the intention of the bill they rode along with. We're supposed to accept a ton of crap for an once of good!! Then, that's all we hear for the next few years, how this one or that one voted against, or for something that would have made a difference or was really stupid in the eyes of the taxpayer, without the rest of the story being told...
Transparency in government??? Don't make me laugh!!! It wouldn't surprise me any that at this point they have clouded things so badly for their own political gains that they can no longer distinguish the truth themselves. So how are we, the taxpayers supposed to and make a well informed decision as to who our leaders should be.
I know that it might take a little more work on their part, but hey they seem to have plenty of vaction time and they just got a nice raise..... while many of us can't even manage to tap into a part time minimum wage job.... but maybe, just maybe they should stop tagging all this extra crap onto the bills, and allow each issue to have it's own vote. Not only would it probably be a good budget cutter but it would also add a bit of clearity and "transparency"!!!
edit on 3-1-2013 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Conservatives have been propagating the idea that America has been hijacked by a closet muslim, communist,
who is trying to turn America into the USSR.

Stop lying to yourself jack.

Thought this was about Sandy relief ?

Yeah it is! And the conservatives caused Sandy too Sonny.. erm.. I mean jack.

No, but they are not keen to support other Americans who need disaster relief.

Would you be thrilled if a member of your community left you half dead on the side of the road?

It's a slap in the face and every American should be outraged, however conservatives play
coy and pretend it is not a great slight against our countrymen.
edit on 3-1-2013 by kingking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What is interesting or tyrannical about this list of proposals?

I would like to hear it.

How about the lack of transparency ?

13 BILLION for whatever ?

Come on............

This is the kind of "spending" that needs better oversight, or are you one of those guys that believes we don't "need" that?

No wonder this Country is screwed.

edit on 3-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I wish more would have voted against it, along with the Fiscal Cliff crap that was passed.

The bill was loaded with Pork Barrel Spending.
The bigger issue is why was a bill put forth, with the idea to help Sandy victims, loaded with Pork in the first place?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There was a bad rain storm (not even tropical storm level) that hit the most prosperous region of the U.S. where nearly everyone was insured. Why is this a matter for the U.S. taxpayer again?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I live in california, Why should i pay for other peoples mistakes on the other side of the country? It’s your choice to live in a hurricane zone, it’s your choice to not have flood insurance. Just like its my choice to live in California where there are earthquakes. If my house falls down, I wont be looking for a government handout because it was my choice to live there without insurance.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What type of relief does everyone want? The businesses and homeowners should have had insurance. If they didn't... O well. Get it next time and learn from your mistakes. If they had insurance, they should get squared away.

The only thing the government should help out with is the roads and such. The power, water, sewer, etc. is probably from a business that should be responsible for their own equipment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join