It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP senators vote against Sandy relief

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Here’s a list of the estimable members of the US Senate who voted against disaster relief for New Jersey, Connecticut and New York yesterday. There are 32 of them. They’re all Republicans, of course. They mostly come from Red States. One is a former Presidential candidate, and several others have run for the presidency. Not only that, they mostly come from taker states–states that get back more in federal money than they pay in US taxes

scholarsandrogues.com...

Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Coburn (R-OK)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)

Crapo (R-ID)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lee (R-UT)

McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Paul (R-KY)
Portman (R-OH)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sessions (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)

i'm just the messenger, but i want all Americans to know...

there IS a difference between repubs and dems...one side is more social the other is more fascist..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Is that the bill that gave money for new DHS vehicles and Alaskan salmon fisheries (sp)? I would of voted no too.

Never thought I would say this but we need more muslim politicians. They HATE pork.

+EDIT - If you kid came up and said Mod/Dad, I need a new backpack for school. $500 should cover it. Saying no would be facist?
edit on 2-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As has been noted, they didn't vote against Sandy relief, they voted against new spending, estimated at $30 billion dollars, that had nothing to do with Sandy. It was the right vote, Sandy victims will get aid soon without the wasteful pork. (Although the multiple millions of dollars going to subsidize rum producers may be a valid expenditure.)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Good its NOT governments role to do that stuff. They are not here to take care of us, as if that was even possible. Their sole purpose is the defense of personal liberty. Get that straight!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm being generous by saying that this post is misleading. This oversimplified information is being provided in a vacuum with 0 back story.

Truth of the matter is the bill is heavy with pork and SHOULD have been voted against. These representatives (there were dems that voted against it too) should be lauded and not lamented.
edit on 2-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i have more to share hang on your hats

i tried to link an image, but it did not work...

how about this...

Senate Republicans voted down the “Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

"Kerry: Failure to Pass Disabilities Treaty is Evidence of a Broken Senate"
www.kerry.senate.gov...
edit on 2-1-2013 by cornucopia because: original link did not work

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's no surprise to me... The GOP is only there to serve business interests, they have no
problem dangling the world economy over the pits of Hates to provide multi national corporations
with better tax liability, but when it comes time to help PEOPLE they shirk their duty.

This is the pattern

I recall the GOP was very quick to want to defend the bonuses that executive paid out via TARP,
I remember a lot.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

What was "hidden" in the relief package?

Only reason why I could see anyone voting it down.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

there was a lot hidden in it.......

this thread is just a hit thread on conservatives, as im sure there will be LOTS coming out against them, because im sure the dems forsee lots coming out here soon on just what was all in the "fiscal cliff" crap they agreed to.......

This is a premptive strike to make a villian out of conservatives, try and cushion the punch from the CRAP they just signed us up for.............

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Interesting........

The request, which still needs the approval of Congress, includes billions in urgently needed aide. But it also features some surprising items: $23 million for tree plantings to “help reduce flood effects, protect water sources, decrease soil erosion and improve wildlife habitat” in forested areas touched by Sandy; $2 million to repair roof damage at Smithsonian buildings in Washington that pre-dates the storm; $4 million to repair sand berms and dunes at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida; and $41 million for clean-up and repairs at eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The FBI is seeking $4 million to replace “vehicles, laboratory and office equipment and furniture,” while Customs and Border Protection wants $2.4 million to replace “destroyed or damaged vehicles, including mobile X-Ray machines.”

The relief package also includes a whopping $13 billion request for “mitigation projects” to prepare for future storms. These line items, and dozens more like them, have some Republicans balking at the size of the relief request and calling for more time to review the deal. The $60 billion price tag, they say, represents nearly the entire amount of additional revenue the government would collect next year by raising rates on the top 2 percent of taxpayers, as Democrats desire.

Sandy Aid Package Includes Millions for Smithsonian, Space Center, Forests

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

this thread is just a hit thread on conservatives, as im sure there will be LOTS coming out against them, because im sure the dems forsee lots coming out here soon on just what was all in the "fiscal cliff" crap they agreed to.......

This is a premptive strike to make a villian out of conservatives, try and cushion the punch from the CRAP they just signed us up for.............

Conservatives have been acting in bad faith for four years.

They have done everything in their power to keep the collective psychology of this nation
in perpetual fear, especially regarding the economy.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingking

They have done everything in their power to keep the collective psychology of this nation

keep the people in fear? are you kidding?

Theres no need for conservatives to "keep" anyone in fear, with the bypassing of congress.......the attacks on the constitution......

and the outright lies and deception by the liberal media and democrats running around in washington......

Make no mistake, the republicans are just as bad........soooo many charlatans acting in republicans seats its not even funny...

But to try to make the assertion that conservatives HAVE to keep Americans in fear is hilarious.........

All a person in the US has to do is start looking at the history, and what they are really doing......

I mean seriously? what do the Smithsonian and other organizations have to do with a sandy relief bill?

How bout indefinite detainment? How bout being able to kill Americans w out due process because they are deemed "terrorist" , how bout adding former military people to the watch list?
The list goes on and on.....

give me a break..........

Take a look at how the libs and dems immediately used the sandy hook shooting as a political platform to jump on gun control........

its horrible........
edit on 2-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This looks like it's degrading into a general conservative bashing thread. It's apparent that you only used the OP as bait.
edit on 2-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

keep the people in fear? are you kidding?

Theres no need for conservatives to "keep" anyone in fear, with the bypassing of congress.......the attacks on the constitution......

and the outright lies and deception by the liberal media and democrats running around in washington......

Make no mistake, the republicans are just as bad........soooo many charlatans acting in republicans seats its not even funny...

But to try to make the assertion that conservatives HAVE to keep Americans in fear is hilarious.........

No, it is the gods honest truth.

Conservatives have been propagating the idea that America has been hijacked by a closet muslim, communist,
who is trying to turn America into the USSR.

Stop lying to yourself jack.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

link   

Conservatives have been acting in bad faith for four years. They have done everything in their power to keep the collective psychology of this nation in perpetual fear, especially regarding the economy.
reply to post by kingking

Yea about that economy, why hasn't Harry Reid gotten around to submitting a budget? This dog & pony show would not have happened if there was a budget! You got no budget you can't overspend now can you?

link   
**sigh**

How about we all get back on here in lets say.. one year... Jan 2014.. and see how the Dems saviors saved us all, okay? Im neither dem nor repub, dont worship either donkey or elephant as some do on here like a sick religious fanaticism, and dont see either side doing a damn bit of good for this country.. that means YOU and I. They sure are doing great for their special interests and buddies though.. while we all are slowly taxed to death to give whatever idiot a raise for doing a whole lot of nothing. While some of you fall all over your gods for saving you from the scary cliff... they both ( dem and repub alike) just pushed us all in front of a speeding train.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Conservatives have been propagating the idea that America has been hijacked by a closet muslim, communist,
who is trying to turn America into the USSR.

Stop lying to yourself jack.

Thought this was about Sandy relief ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join