It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning-Black Ops 2 Glitch-Lose your ranks by playing local!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Okay, I wanted to warn everyone since there seems to be a lot of people posting by the minute that they went and played a local match Call of Duty Black Ops 2 then they went to Multiplayer and their stats (including mine) have been reset to Prestige 0 Level 1. No guns, custom classes nothing. All you can do is call activision (1-hour wait) and they will forward the message to TreyArch, or contact them on Facebook at: www.facebook.com...

Here is their forum: community.callofduty.com...

So, if you really don't want to lose your hard work-then don't play local until they have a fix from the development team.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So I have seen people who had this issue right off the bat, and no one has restored their stats/fixed their issue. It seems this is one of the largest screw-ups in video game history, at least for the amount of cash they made and the numbers of people always playing.

It isn't limited to XBOX 360-PS3 has same issues, plus more glitching on certain boards-with no update in site. How can this even be legal?

Plus it keeps happenening and won't quit, my game still says I have 0 kills 0 wins, yet I have my prestige calling cards, and I made it back to a level 17-without any kills? So, this thing is really screwed up-holy crap.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Far out. Has treyarch not learnt from waw?

From losing your stats to servers just laggy as hell, and it's still having issues with fundamental things.

I'm glad I cant play it online yet. I'm not going to pay for it until I know it's worth it and if it's like bo1, mw2 and waw, then it will go the way of duke nukem for me. yeah but meh.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

It's most likely a problem with your save file ( online profiles are still ghost saved to your harddrive), their servers ( which would be fixed already if it was due to the authentication during log in) or it could be an xbox live issue.

Microsoft handles all the xbox live servers, all the devs can do is submit updates and such.

I've tested this with my son's account, played a few local matches, turned the console on and off, checked his online profile and it's fine.

ETA: I suggest using another console to grap your LIVE accnt and see if it shows up on another console. I've seen weirder things.

YOu can also copy and port your save to USB; delete the file from your harddrive and then re-instate it.

~Tenth
edit on 1/2/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well they kinda fixed it last night-I checked the Elite website and my stats were back! So, I ran into the living room and turned on the console-it said: "Your profile is corrupt and has been reset to the last know configuration GunnerMercery level 17...

So, whatever they did didn't work. I am hoping though-it takes a lot of work to get all the unlocks and power-ups. You start off getting your butt kicked. There is no way I am going through that again only to find out that my stats have been reset again, and again. I consider it broke for now until I get my stats back and we all get an update.

I feel really bad for my son, we aren't playing because we are worried they just might be working on restoring us and I don't want to mess anything up further.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why couldn't it be the other way around and give you max prestige unlock everything....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh, my God.

Should I get the kids into the bunker now?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Why couldn't it be the other way around and give you max prestige unlock everything....

Right? How come a vending machine or an ATM NEVER EVER give you anything extra but always take away? So ironic.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So you're saying is that when you go into locak match and then switch back to global multiplayer your stats gets reset?

If that's the case then a patch should be coming soon.

Thank god I haven't tried it or redbox would be getting a broken return disc.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It does when you max out your level 50 but when you go to the next prestige your back to been drying.

But at least you keep the tokens. Max Payne 3 does the same thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

To be exact what happened to us was-> We played Hardcore Team Deathmatch, then my son went into local and played Zombies, then I walked in went back to hardcore and everything was reset. So no more local for me! What a nightmare calling them, waiting on hold for over an hour for a guy to say: "We can't promise anything", same thing in the forums, and so forth.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Level 55 you can choose to Prestige-you get an option-we were Prestige 1 Level 51-almost Prestige 2! Argghhh.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Oh, my God.
Should I get the kids into the bunker now?

Yup, A game is glitched, It's the end of the world as we know it!

top topics

join