Meat is drugged/is a drug.

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Now, I love a good steak. When I say that, I mean I love it. You got your steak juices and meat and it's just great. Invigorating. But I can't help but remember a time when meat was less common. When you had to choke your own chicken back out in the yard to have a roasted bird, or a fryer.

Beware the Greeks, even when they bring gifts. I think all this cheap meat comes at a cost. Nothing free in America, G.I. Joe. And at some point, the chickens have to come home to roost.
You've got all sorts of hormones and chemicals pumped into these animals, and we all eat that. Where do you think it goes? Conservation of matter and all that, it goes into us from the animal ingesting it.

You are what you eat.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
yep, I bought a brangus calf.....but that ribeye steak we buy when 4 wheeling up in Oklahoma at Little Sahara......is the tenderest....why is that....they are consistantly "cut with a fork"....$4.00 dolars a pound...the lady said they come from Amarillo....feed lot headquarters....probably full of hormones...Huh.!!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
when i eat meat it makes me poop
when i eat organic meat i feel fine. I have gotten to where I only eat organic food for the most part and I am working towards producing my own foods in the next couple weeks I will be building a chicken pen and getting organic chickens.

Its still cold but planting time is coming up we are going to be growing organic tomatoes to start, start some citrus trees and things, right now I don't have allot of room so I will do what I can.

I am also planning to breed rabbits, quail, and start doing some aquaponics hopefully. I will start with chickens though and work my way up

I have been doing allot of research and about to move to a place I will be for a while that I am willing to put some money/time into this but I don't want to go to big in case we have to move I can easily take things with me because I am looking for some property still to buy in the area I live.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think maybe it depends on the source a lot. I mean fast food 'meat' etc. is definitely not good. The local farmer raised meat, maybe not as bad.

That being said, I quit eating meat about this time last year and have felt at least 100 times better this past year. Even have more energy than before which I wasn't really expecting.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I haven't quit meat. I still eat it, cause it tastes good and fills you up. Sometimes you can either eat what's cheap, or you can go hungry. That's the way it is these days.

It just seems to me that there's something wrong with today's meat. You know it's treated with carbon dioxide to get it that red? It's like they've counterfeited signs of freshness.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
about 3 months ago i stopped eating non organic meat, switched to organic salad and make sure i eat salad at least 5 times a week and trying to eat more fruit and I am feeling allot better and losing weight. I have gout and it helps allot with that although I am having bad gout right now idk why but my foot is killing me

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Have you been eating liver, or purine rich foods? That can do it, you know...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I know that it's not the best or us, but it's so damn delicious! -Just got done dining upon three small sized Slim Jims- I just can't help loving meat, even if they inject it full of hormones and such.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I know that it's not the best or us, but it's so damn delicious! -Just got done dining upon three small sized Slim Jims- I just can't help loving meat, even if they inject it full of hormones and such.

I don't think Slim Jims are technically 'meat'

I put quite a few of those away back in the day though. They go great with beer.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

They're APPARENTLY chicken and beef but... Hmmm.
Yeah, you've got a point.
Better eat some more to be sure that I'm actually intaking SOME meat.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Beef, and other meats, contains chemicals that settle people and help us regulate heart rate. There are chemicals that act as tranqualizers to humans in varying amounts in all meats. Some veggies also have these chemicals. The chemicals they wet age meat with may be more doping than the meat itself. I eat local farm raised beef, the crap they sell in stores doesn't taste right to me. I used to get a pig also but a hundred fifty pounds of pork is just too much for us now.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

nah i dont eat that stuff much i try to steer clear or purin rich foods and i take naproxin to help and usually it does but i wont take that cholchacine or whatever its called that will make you rlive stop making the crystals because it damages your liver

I mostly eat chicken for my protien and eggs I am trying to do glutin free also and hardly eat any carbs.. I have been eating allot of cheese lately though so idk if that is doing it.

My goal over the next 5 years is to be producing everything i consume along with hunting also for some of the meat. as well as eating much less meat and going more towards vegetables, aquaponics talapia for fish, eggs from my chickens.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

That's good. A diet too rich in such things can make you unhealthy. It is telling to me that switching to a more self-sourced food solution would make one healthier. When you're not getting what the Establishment puts into the meat to keep people subservient, people feel a lot more healthy.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Small animals don't feed many people.
Animals that take a long time to mature don't feed many people.

So they make animals artificially bulky from an earlier age.

Viola! Hamburgers for everyone.

(don't mind the hormones and chemical taste, think of the juices and nom nom nom)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

My meat has no chemicals.

It free grazed on grass in the mountains, then I shot it, gutted it, skinned it, hung it, cut it up, wrapped it and put it in the freezer.

best meat for you for sure. Of course you have to own one of those evil death machines called "a firearm".

For sure when you buy your meat in the store you have no idea what's in it.

My Elk, deer, rabbits & turkey are pure goodness. (as for the fish? who knows whats in the water?)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It is expensive to eat good meat, but worth it. We started buying no hormone, no gmo feed, grass fed beef , lamb, goat, and bison, free range chicken, free range chicken eggs etc.. several yrs ago. Our milk, cheese, butter etc even comes from healthy happy cows and goat. HUGE difference in taste and health when you follow through with the retooling the rest of your diet. Im a definite meat eater.. and since we're health conscious and a family of 5.. its a heck of an expense. For a single person if you had a freezer and bought a half cow and assorted other things.. youd be stocked for a year!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I doubt the fruits, vegetables, and grains we get from corporate farms are much better for us thanks to Monsanto and the like. More than a few degrees of separation between you and those producing your food usually leaves you with no idea what's in anything you eat.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I don't eat red meat. Every now and then, I will have Tilapia, but the dry animals.....I don't want them. They are all jacked up in America. I even stopped drinking animal milk and now drink Almond Milk. I haven't had cheese or yogurt in a while. And I'm pretty close to being off eggs. I have found other sources of protein in hemp seeds, flax and chia seeds and I will try to get the Vit D and Calcium through supplements or raw veggies.

edit on 2-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Dude....elk meat....I am so jealous....I hear it doesn't taste wild....tell me please

I don't hunt deer anymore , nor does my son...the wild gamey yuch
same with geese?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I could not do that. I am addicted to meat. I'd mainline it if I could but my doctors have warned me several times about injecting foods.

top topics

join