It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How real do you see the threat of tyranny as being?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Originally posted by marbles87
We are on the presipus of this and those watching know it.

That brings up another point. There are still a lot of individuals in the military and intelligence community who would take the side of the people if some kind of revolutionary action broke out.

Only legitimate revolutionary action, and it's hard to know what the breaking point really is when you have half the population playing movies on their 52" flat screens and the other half barely surviving day to day.

The only way it can begin is when frontline soldiers/agents realize that breaking point and lead a coup d'etat to establish a transitional government.

Of course I would much rather take a different approach as I have stated many times publicly.

1st step would be peaceful infiltration of positions of power.

If step 1 is a failure then begins the time to sort out the criminals through Citizen intelligence operations.

phase 3 is peaceful occupations of strategic locales that can cut supply for something necessary to the governments functions.
This is where the intent of the government becomes clear and the lines draw themselves.

I'm not afraid to be on a list for saying what needs to be said.
I'm sure there were more then a few French "terrorists" working to execute Hitler himself who were on a list or 2..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

And why is everyone on about the second amendment, The right to bear arms to protect your selves against a corrupt government..? There are thousands of threads all over the internet on why people want to keep their guns and the right to have guns is mostly linked to self protection against a corrupt government..?

Why ask me this? Let's say that people think like this regarding 2nd amendment. It takes nothing away from the validity of the warning I gave, it even makes it more valid.

So what was your point?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 800lbsGorilla

Dont get me wrong I'm just trying to understand. My view point is from down-under hence the questioning. Out of all the treads i have read you my friend seem like the only one that would be able to hold a conversation with out stooping to insults.

I am a Gun owner down under, sports With that said my guns are kept safe and my ammunition is kept separate both bio metric safes and my rifles are striped and cleaned after each shooting and only put back together at the range.

The questions are just that, nothing to them at all. Just curious.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I'm already on some kind of list nsa database, or I know at least I have an FBI file. stuffs crazy. The government is a beast to be monitored by the many militias in the country. I for one, think it will never come to that, but what do I know, governments kill the most people. The next genocide will be committed by one. The real question should be, when a police officer is punching you, do you punch back? I know I chose to, and there was no escape from the torture that followed. Forget guns, the new tech is what we need, to fight on a technological battlefield. Technology will either free us or enslave us, but it will always be there.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

How real do you see the threat of tyranny as being?

Our "governments" are the REAL mass murderers.

It's the governments that have always been behind the worst crimes committed against humanity.

Even the sickest serial killers have NOTHING on the state.

Governments murdered MILLIONS more people than were killed by common criminals.

Over 395 million people were murdered by "DEATH BY GOVERNMENT".

DEATH BY GOVERNMENT

Government killed 262 million people in the 20th century

"...the tragic fact is that disarming victims leads to great bloodshed. I'm referring to the millions of people who died at the hands of their government over the past century. Most of these mass murders were preceded by a cynical and calculating "gun control" program, leading to eventual disarmament. Genocide followed soon thereafter."

Leave Mass Murder to the Professionals

edit on 2-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Governments kill because they work for, or against, capitalist interests.

Capitalism is why we have the government we have, and why they kill. They don't start wars for our benefit no matter what they claim.

You have to realise the government, especially the cons, are from the capitalist class.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024

Originally posted by 800lbsGorilla
reply to post by Legion2024

But that is your RIGHT is it not. That is the reason you all have guns right..?

There is a right to own and bear arms. As far as I know there is no right to armed revolution to overthrow the government. And if there was, they probably still would do everything to prevent it, don't you think?

Some of these replies are a bit surreal if you ask me. What part of my warning is so hard to grasp?
edit on 2-1-2013 by 800lbsGorilla because: (no reason given)

And why is everyone on about the second amendment, The right to bear arms to protect your selves against a corrupt government..? There are thousands of threads all over the internet on why people want to keep their guns and the right to have guns is mostly linked to self protection against a corrupt government..?

Just some questions nothing more.

To be honest, those questions are the primary reason I posted this. With all of the debates on guns going on since the most recent shooting, there has been, in my view, a disproportionate focus on the need to defend ourselves from a corrupt government. While I certainly wouldn't argue that our government isn't corrupt, I also think we're a long ways away from a point where the second amendment would actually have any critical role in defending ourselves from that corruption. But many people have expressed feelings otherwise and seem to feel that any attempt to regulate guns is preemptive to completely disarming US citizens so that the government can subject them to the same kind of horrors that were witnessed in totalitarian regimes in the past.

Certainly, governments have committed atrocities against their people in the past after disarming them, but I just don't see the parallels between the US today and Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany, etc. that people actually think make it relevant to talk about in the context of the modern gun control debate, and I'd like to know what people who feel strongly otherwise think and why. I was curious as to what people actually thought was going to happen that would necessitate the kind of armed resistance that they feel that they so urgently need to protect. I suppose I'll rewrite the initial post later if this thread still hasn't gone anywhere. Oh well.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Nanocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
They don't start wars for our benefit no matter what they claim.

I became convinced of that fact only recently...

VERY few people realize that this is true.

"All war is based on deception." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The Illuminati terrorists are the ones behind the scenes manipulating ALL world events.

Including ALL wars, revolutions, terrorism, and depressions which are carefully planned, instigated, staged, and orchestrated.

"One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The cabalist group I refer to is The Synagogue of Satan, an ancient, yet modern, elite so politically powerful and so fabulously wealthy that even past history has been twisted, reshaped, and revised to meet its preferred version of humanity's gloomy, totalitarian future."

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
LoL sorry for asking the same kinda questions. It just boggles my mind. Anyhow you have a great one and stay safe.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nanocyte

Consider two scenarios.

First, let's assume the Federal Government decides to ban guns, or at least some guns. They would have to come up with enough people willing to risk their lives to try to take guns away from people who have a "cold dead hands" mindset. Even if they could kill five "cold dead handers" for every government agent, how many government agents would be left? Would the government risk it?

Now consider the possibility that the US Government suffers an economic collapse, a modern day Great Depression. Would there be roving gangs looting everything they could to survive? In such a scenario, would you rather have weaponry to defend yourself and your family, or do you think you could count on law enforcement to protect you?

Is tyranny the bigger threat, or chaos? Either way, would you rather be armed, or unarmed?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I don't want to go into detail here for certain reason hows first there would need to be organization. Anyone who is willing to stand up to Government and fight for Liberty needs to organize around the United States. If there is no organization then nothing will be accomplished on a grand scale. Second the gun restrictions have already violated the second amendment. However like I've said before sometimes you have to deal with bullsh*t before you can accomplish anything. You must make the masses see and understand your reasoning. You would also need some public relations crap where you talk to the public because if its won (Referring to your question of a violent revolution if you will) and the public wasn't on board then all your doing is moving chess pieces around on the playing table. Gun registration at the federal level or an attempt to confiscate would definitely set something off. Anything else would have to have organization before anything happens. Without Organization it's pointless.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The problem with the world isn't totally the fascist governments or their desire for control. It's the people who are too afraid to even speak about in a forum, or the people who live in a prison of fear of expressing themselves about it.

It's plain for most people to see that we are more and more oppressed as the years go on and yet, nobody seems to be doing anything about it. If people can't even discuss these issues then what hope do we have of ever being truly free?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
Be careful what you say. You are being watched. But to answer OP when I am no longer a citizen of the united states and just a body to count and a paycheck to steal from. We are on the presipus of this and those watching know it.

precipice not presipus & i'm very sorry but I just cannot help myself!!!

On topic - i think a person can only hit you with a stick if you bend your back low enough for this. I'm badly paraphrasing Gandhi or someone - let me get a proper version of that:

“No one can ride on the back of a man unless it is bent.” ― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
www.goodreads.com...

We have to enable & facilitate (through fear or apathy, or just laziness/stupidity) for tyranny to succeed...
edit on 3-1-2013 by rainychica because: bah!! compulsive copyeditingmania

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Moderators should delete this thread now. The title along it crossing the "Big Red Line"

Regardless if they are reading this or not, you're opening yourself up for a visit from Dhs...seriously

This is what they want, they want you to shut up and obey.'

I think it starts when they try and take our guns, when that happens, you'll see constitutional patriots being called terrorist and treated like such. All the FEMA camps are for those people that cling to there bibles and guns.
edit on 3-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
IDK about the rest of youse but its past time to start the resistance...en masse....
Whilst sitting at your screen youve been out manouvered and enchained without a shot being fired, all thats left is to let your fellow citizens turn on you.......

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Tyrants will push as far as people will allow them to .
The American taxpayer has been far too forgiving of our government.

Ever wondered why we have been at war for 10 years?
Because if there was no make believe enemy to focus on the taxpaying citizens would revolt against the corrupt government within six months and they know it.
Why do you think they are pushing gun control?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on 3-1-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The Buddhist has no fist and from my cold dead hands. Im struggling hard with these concepts as I am a disciple of Christ and i know its wrong, I have been programed and sensitized to the American way as in the constitution and the 2nd amendment as protection from tyranny but I am trying to put myself into a position with the true one god and i believe we should lay down our arms and let the machine do what the machine wants as I assure you it will not last for eternity. Bothers and fellow Americans history is doomed to repeat itself if we do not learn. This would be so much easyer for me if i had direct contact from god but i do not. simply pray brothers im sure every one has seen the power of prayer and meditation and consciousness videos through out ATS and youtube. this should influence us in our decision making remeber vibration and remeber thought, don't watch the tool in the corner to help influence you and find the golden path to god it lies here in this time simply uncover it. open your third eye and see let this sight influence you in the coming crisis of revolution i speak to ATS from the bottom of my heart because we share this stuggle together as it transcends color creed background and community WE ARE ONE! alas my brethren always deny ignorance and always support peace, i love you all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The thing is, even if you completely scraped everybody, and started over, it wouldn't get any better.

The only way you're going to get less corruption is get money out of politics.

But that's never going to happen.

The only way you'll have a fair society is by getting rid of this monetary system we have.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I agree that money in politics is one of the main problems, and solving it is probably the only way we're going to have any significant change. It's sad, though, that the majority of people are so easily taken in by advertising and substanceless talking points that it even makes a difference. One would think that the ease with which information can be acquired nowadays, people would become more immune to the blatant lies and manipulative rhetoric thrown around by politicians, but I guess that's not going to happen.

Back to the topic: To those of you who think that the government wants to start tossing people into FEMA camps, etc., why do you think that? What benefit do you think is gained from doing that, and what things do you see currently happening that makes you think something like that would occur?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join